Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes
WIP - Motorbikes Post topics for any "Works In Progress" motobikes projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 11:05 AM   #1
ace91
AF Regular

Repsol Honda RC213V 2014

Hi guys,

Been a while since I've last build a kit.

It all started when I was just browsing the Internet and I saw this kit was placed in preorder at HLJ's advertisement.

The first thing in my mind was 'Oh my gosh! I must have this'. It would be nice to have Marc Marquez in my collection. Too bad this kit only comes with Marquez' number but does not have Dani Pedrosa's number. Sorry, Dani.

I have not felt this excited for a long time since the Panigale kit was out. Been almost 2 years since I've last made a kit. I have to rummage through my paints to find out some of the acrylic paints are gone case and I have to buy the replacement. Thank goodness that the shop in my place has stocks of the paints I needed.

Anyways, since I was kind of excited to start yesterday, I forgot to shoot the photo of the box. I also have purchased the front fork set to add better details on the fork and the spring absorber. I would build this kit out of the box.

Here are the photos of the engine :

At least Tamiya did their homework on the engine unlike when they did the RC211V 06 edition that is using the 03 engine design but only to create clutch and the cover 06 version. Though I have build numerous number of RC211V from 2002 - 2006, this is completely different compare to those said. I have to study the parts and then apply the colour as stated in the instruction sheet.

The frame

Same goes to the frame. I have to see the instruction sheet and test fit the parts before doing some work on it.

That would sum it up for the day. Will continue working on this kit tomorrow.

Adrian

Last edited by ace91; 05-04-2016 at 09:47 AM.
ace91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:53 AM   #2
ace91
AF Regular

Re: Repsol Honda RC213V 2014

My work so far.....

The absorber

Kind of basic. But then, I got one colour mixed up by wrongly painted at the wrong part. Managed to get it right after a while.

The swingarm

The work on the swingarm is really something different since the previous RC211Vs don't have black parts on the swingarm but this one really does. Took me a while to get it done & placing the absorber.

The wheels

At first when I sprayed it, it first looked okay from far but when I looked at them up close, I've found that some parts are not fully covered. Hence I have to spray them again & this is the result.

Rear tyre attached to the swingarm

The first picture took me a while to attach the rear brake caliper as part of it is a part of the swingarm too. I didn't notice it till I saw something was amissed on the right side of the swingarm at the end. the swingarm part is attached with the rear brake caliper.

& finally, the swingarm attached to the frame.

That will be it at the moment as it is quite late here when I'm writing this. More to come later.

Adrian
Old 05-04-2016, 02:52 AM   #3
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Adrian - the paint on the frame and swingarm looks very "grainy" is that the correct appearance for the frame and swingarm??

Look back in the completed models tab - LU did the first pictures of a completed 2014 Honda RC213V - compare your finish to his and see what I am talking of.

This is the first WIP for the RC213V so I do not know how LU painted his Marquez kit.

Cheers
John
John18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 09:46 AM   #4
ace91
AF Regular

I did realized something wasn't right. Hobby spray cans here are kind of expensive these days and nowadays I do not have anymore kits to make. Hence, I have to make use of other types. Didn't think the spray can which was not used for a long time kind of made it look kind of 'grainy' or can i say 'sandy'? Or maybe I didn't shake enough? Hm.....

After so long didn't make any kits, I need to retrace back how I did the other bikes again. Most acrylic paints like I said earlier on are gone case.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:08 AM   #5
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace91 View Post
I did realized something wasn't right. Hobby spray cans here are kind of expensive these days and nowadays I do not have anymore kits to make. Hence, I have to make use of other types. Didn't think the spray can which was not used for a long time kind of made it look kind of 'grainy' or can i say 'sandy'? Or maybe I didn't shake enough? Hm.....

After so long didn't make any kits, I need to retrace back how I did the other bikes again. Most acrylic paints like I said earlier on are gone case.
Adrian - many times when a "spray can" of paint has been used and it has less that half of the propellant left to spray the paint from the can it will come out "grainy" like on your frame and swingarm.

Next time try to heat the can in sunlight for a while if it is warm and sunny outside - otherwise boil some water then remove the water from the stove and place the bottom of the spray paint can into the water to heat up the can.

This will expand the propellant gases and allow the paint to come out smoother

Also check the spray can "nozzle" where the paint comes out for dried paint build-up.

To keep the spray cans from "plugging" up when you have finished spraying - invert the can and press the spray button until it comes out "clear"
This will flush the paint from the "straw" inside and the "nozzle"

Still if you get a chance look at LU's build

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul....php?t=1146111

I hope this is of some help to you.

Cheers
John
John18d is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John18d For This Useful Post:
ace91 (05-04-2016)
Old 05-04-2016, 11:44 AM   #6
ace91
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by John18d View Post
Adrian - many times when a "spray can" of paint has been used and it has less that half of the propellant left to spray the paint from the can it will come out "grainy" like on your frame and swingarm.

Next time try to heat the can in sunlight for a while if it is warm and sunny outside - otherwise boil some water then remove the water from the stove and place the bottom of the spray paint can into the water to heat up the can.

This will expand the propellant gases and allow the paint to come out smoother

Also check the spray can "nozzle" where the paint comes out for dried paint build-up.

To keep the spray cans from "plugging" up when you have finished spraying - invert the can and press the spray button until it comes out "clear"
This will flush the paint from the "straw" inside and the "nozzle"

Still if you get a chance look at LU's build

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul....php?t=1146111

I hope this is of some help to you.

Cheers
John
Noted with thanks.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:16 AM   #7
ace91
AF Regular

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I've started with this kit.

First and foremost, I have to say I kind of almost lost the motivation when I find the orange paint that I've painted kind of giving me some kind of small 'black measels' which I do not know why. I've tested on other parts apart from plastic pieces turned out fine. Made me wonder what went wrong.

Hence I kind of 'Ah! Whatever!' as I'm not the type who would back down unless if it's really really neccessary like my previous projects. Hence I've decided to pick up and proceed on.

Anyways, here are the photos of the front fork in different angles which I have done last week.

Also the naked bike which I've done also somewhere last week. I kind of misplaced the weathering detail master & I couldn't find it even when I've turned my room upside down, hence, the exhaust will not have the heat stain.

Here is the photo of the fairings which I've did this morning. From far, the orange part looks fine. Wait till I come up with the up close look.

I kind of ruined the fuel tank. I will post the pic when I've done with some work on it.

This would be it for now
Old 05-21-2016, 02:12 AM   #8
ace91
AF Regular

Hi,

Here are the photos of the tail and the seat cowl attached.

After a week when placing the tail and seat cowl, I went on to do complete the kit and here are the photos of them. The seat is kind of a little bit 'stained' by the excess of the orange spray when I was spraying the orange part.

The kit wise, maybe I have not been doing this thing for at least 2 years, hence I think I kind of got myself rusty in it. This is because you have to kind of 'stretch' open the seat cowl to attach the fuel tank along with the other half of the fuel tank cover. By doing so, I kind of got it disassembled and can see the joint line despite putting on the putty. Decals are pretty brittle, hence, I have to be careful when handling it as I accidentally tore one or two part of it.

As this is the first time I've built a RC213V, hence it took me longer than I expected when building it unlike building the RC211Vs.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes