Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > NSX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 01:00 AM   #16
yellownsx
AF Newbie

My 2 cents

The Skyline is FAST, I will give you that! It's balls to the wall FAST!
That said, I'd rather have the NSX, I do, In fact.
As I stated, you car is very fast. What its NOT is very pretty. If you took that power plant out of that car and put in one of Nissans run of the mill 4 bangers in it the only ones buying it would be little old ladies.
I think that Nissan would be better served putting that into a 350Z. If they did they couldn't build them fast enough. Everybody would want one!
The NSX has balance. It is a hand made car with all the weight between the wheels which allows incredible handling. It is also very easy on the eyes. But what its not is fast. If you want a non-Turbo and thats all you go against, this car will hold its own. I have never been ashamed of the cars performance, the car is quick, but there are alot of quick cars cheaper. (always going to run into some guy with an Evo, or WRX, or Mustang Cobra that wants to race). If you strech out the race you will win because they can't hold a 170 mph top end. But in short hops your going to lose.
The car attracts alot of attention though, Esp in Yellow or RED (you can run but you can't hide). If I had to do it all over again I might get Black or Silver.
If you are young stick with the high speed Skyline, you will not be as happy with the NSX. The NSX is for people who just don't want to be like everybody else. ( Just another Corvette owner )
Just my 2 cents
Old 01-01-2005, 02:29 AM   #17
HighOctaneNOSUser
AF Enthusiast

Re: NSX or R34 GTS???

Again, a GTS is not the legendary GTR. It's not the balls to the wall fast...Just nice and sporty...

Still, r34_gts...where are you located?

"This is a Renault Espace. Probably the best of the people carriers. Not that that's much to shout about. That's like saying, 'Ooh good, I've got syphilis, the BEST of the Sexually Transmitted Diseases!'" - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toksin
Remember, you're not a loser. You beat two hundred million other sperm to the egg.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:10 PM   #18
r34-gts
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to r34-gts

Man use are crazy im 24 an jus cause i type short on the computer doesnt mean i dnt hav enough money for an nsx or not old enough, man my parents r almost milionares and they will do nething to make me happy so i wanted an r34 gts so i got one and now i want an nsx i might be getting one.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:28 PM   #19
5 Point 7
AF Regular

Re: Re: NSX or R34 GTS???

Quote:
Originally Posted by r34-gts
Man use are crazy im 24 an jus cause i type short on the computer doesnt mean i dnt hav enough money for an nsx or not old enough, man my parents r almost milionares and they will do nething to make me happy so i wanted an r34 gts so i got one and now i want an nsx i might be getting one.
It's a shame....
Old 01-04-2005, 07:58 PM   #20
ghetto7o2azn
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by r34-gts
im sorry, i wasnt really apart of this thread but i was just browsing... and before you say anything... yes im 15.... but you sir, make me laugh... especially when you got to the, "...man my parents r almost milionares and they will do nething to make me happy.." truthfully... i wouldnt be suprized if octane and myself have more common sense than you... i might be 15 but ive been a car fanatic for at 4 years and i know my stuff... ive had my share of stupid and imature comments, but after a year or so you get out of the "ricer" stage and move on to look at cars in a different more respectable way.... and just so you know... i think this would be one of your stupid comments

good stuff

carry on

*edit*
do you still live with your parents?
Old 01-04-2005, 09:55 PM   #21
r34-gts
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to r34-gts

No i dont live wit my parents were u get that from?????
Old 01-05-2005, 12:53 PM   #22
Retard324
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Retard324

he was asking, not saying you do.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:57 PM   #23
Kven
AF Enthusiast

he was just asking.

you are 24 and still depending on your parents? anyways, get a car that YOU think looks nice, since YOU will be driving it and YOU will be the owner of it. if you dont like the skyline, sell it and get the nsx.

powerwise; itll depend on the trim of the car you get. like if you were to trade your gts from a nur spec, youll definantly notice the improvement in both handling and acceleration. the nsx is a good car and the skyline's are about on-par with it.

if i were in your position, fuck a nsx and skyline. get a enzo f50 or porsche carerra gt since your parents can afford it(or maybe they cant, but im sure they can put a good down payment on one )

WTB: CRX mudflaps(both front and rear)...PM me if you have some for sale!!!
Old 01-06-2005, 05:28 AM   #24
KoHC
AF Newbie

Ok, guys, calm down a bit. So what if his parents have money and willing to buy anything for him? I know it feels better to buy everything with your own money. But I know I wouldn't mind to have rich parents buy me expensive stuff once in a while.

Back to the topic, it sounds like you've been thinking about buying a NSX for a while. So why not go get a test drive? I mean, you're 24, driving R34, and have money available with you. The dealer will be more than happy to let you do a little test drive around the block. Although you can't really test the limit of NSX, but it should give you some idea if it's better than what you have.

For me, NSX drives great and looks good. But if I ever decided to buy one it'll be for the look. There are cheaper cars that run faster than NSX. For the same price, why not look into some higher performance car?
Old 01-22-2005, 02:17 AM   #25
rickysals
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to rickysals

If you're looking at a possible NSX (im 21 BTW ) there is one place to go for REAL OPINIONS BY REAL PEOPLE, not 13-18 year old crowds who live by 2F2F and believe everyone should twin-turbo anything and add decals to everything even their center console.

http://www.nsxprime.com

This is possibly the best car-specific resourse in existence on the web for any vehicle. The owners are so knowledgable, and a majority actually own the vehicle. Their FAQ section is something to behold.

BTW, FactorX produces a 500+HP turbo setup that will run you upwards of $18,000. It's called the FX500, lol. I believe they have available an FX400 version that runs on stock internals also, but none have been sold to my knowledge, most owners just took the 500.

There is also the Comptech supercharger, which to my konwledge if installed by the correct people, does not void warranty. You can't beat that IMO.

DO your research and be VERY PATIENT when looking for the NSX, as they are rare.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:06 AM   #26
mccarthy155
AF Newbie

here's my opinion, The nsx is an amazing, super, luxery, ladies want to do you, look at me i've made it kind of car. handles SUPER, drives fast like a SUPER car does and looks so NICE, plus, its compared with FERRARI's <-------

Enough said, If you have the cash, and if u accualy own a skyline sell it now and buy an NSX. It has been build with racing, handling at speed plus driver statifaction in mind. not entirely the case with a skyline when it was designed.

Unless you have a love for the skyline, please look at the stats and the figures and the prices on a skyline compared to an NSX compared to FERRARI's.

you with then make your clear decision...

NSX, or honda prelude SR.
Oh ya, i hate it when rich kids like you get everything for nothing. try working for your car, working on it yourself, and see the result, ur gunna be a happier guy. mabye you do work but when you say, ( ya i have a skyline, my parents are almost millionaires, bla bla, they'll buy me anything) it makes you sound like a whiney 15 year old , homosexual, and dependant on your parents.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:12 PM   #27
Nissan-Fan
AF Regular

Wow, lots of people question the fact that you have an R34, Why dont you shut them up and impress us all with some pictures of it? use the digital camera that you're almost millionaire parents bought you!

1978 Datsun 280z
2.8Litre Inline 6
T04 Turbocharger, Intercooled
N42 Intake Manifold
3" Downpipe
[Work In Progress]

Last edited by Nissan-Fan; 02-17-2005 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:45 PM   #28
94SolGrl
Honda GODDESS/Global Mod

Send a message via AIM to 94SolGrl Send a message via MSN to 94SolGrl

I *heart* being a mod...

HOW TO POST PICS!

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > NSX