Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting
Exterior | bodykits | Lighting When your ready to showoff that 'H' ride, here's your forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 11:36 PM   #1
TSRyder6
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TSRyder6
Why Do People Hate Body Kits?

Usually when I ask people what Kit I should put on my car they say don't do it. Instead get a Type R Lip n' lower it or dont get a kit at all. I'm curious why people hate body kits????????
TSRyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 12:40 AM   #2
lotusonwater19
AF Enthusiast

Re: Why Do People Hate Body Kits?

a.) functional kits that are wind tunnel tested are expensive and take forever to get shipped from japan
b.) those who dont have money for good kits are bitter and therefore try to demean body kits
c.) ppl have kits and are telling you not to buy one because they are unhappy with theirs is because they either bought a cheap imitation or dont know how to drive without messing the kit up

i dont like my body kit cuz i think stock looks nicer. and i get paranoid that i'll end up scratching and chipping it.
Old 03-10-2004, 09:08 AM   #3
steve8091
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to steve8091

d) Some people think that stock mouldings are aesthetically equal to or better than aftermarket kits for a particular vehicle.

1998 Honda Civic DX Hatchback
http://members.cardomain.com/steve8091
steve8091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 09:51 AM   #4
Ricochet
Banned

e)money spent on body kits could be spent on performance mods.

f)body kits are always big and ricey whereas an OEM lip would look 100x cleaner. "K.I.S.S.", keep it simple stupid.
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 10:51 AM   #5
SRV BOY
AF Enthusiast

Because people get the ones that are overdone, that makes the car look cheap and ugly
SRV BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 11:51 AM   #6
projectsilvia97
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to projectsilvia97
i for one think body kits are not needed. unless they have a certain purpose to bring more air to certain places of the care, which is rarely the case. on some show cars, they look nice, but that's only on SOME! most of the body kits that i see on the streets are really ricey and have no purpose to being on the car. they are just there for looks.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:33 PM   #7
TSRyder6
AF Enthusiast

all yall got good points but the reason i ask is because i was thinkin bout getting a kit and i can see that lots of people rather not get one. I'm not thinking bout getting performace mods on my car because i want my car to last longer, well most of my friends' cars that have had engine modification or any modification done under the hood, the car gave them lots of problems. I love a fast car don't get me wrong but I'm afraid of fuckin' up my car, cuz i aint plannin on racing wit it (maybe one a week ) but i need a car that'll last long, thanks yall!
Old 03-10-2004, 12:47 PM   #8
Ricochet
Banned

What kind of engine mods?
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 12:53 PM   #9
lotusonwater19
AF Enthusiast

The body kit you chose should also have a good complimenting paint color keep that in mind when you make your decision. what color are you going to repaint it? or are you just gonna repaint only the kit? keep your car N/A, what else do you plan to do besides body kit?
Old 03-12-2004, 08:54 AM   #10
juicy19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to juicy19

Your basic engine mods aren't going to do anything detrimental to your engine. Don't buy crappy parts and you won't have any problems. I/H/E. Start there.
3" Intake with K&N
GReddy Exhaust
Unorthodox Racing Pullies
JET enhanced ECU
10.3 OBX Plug Wires
juicy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 10:38 PM   #11
crazea03
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to crazea03

there diff types of people, those who want to spend their money on exterior + interior than performance. and those that put it into their engines and make their car sleepers. plus if you want a major drop on your car's suspension it's better to go stock or lips same affect as a body kit
crazea03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 11:18 PM   #12
kicker1_solo
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to kicker1_solo Send a message via Yahoo to kicker1_solo
I like body kits, some anyways. Kits used to be cool because nobody had them and they were simple and usually clean. Today's shit is out of hand though, everybody and their cousin has one and they're wild and look like shit. If you were to get a nice clean kit I would like it. The reason why people tell you to get a lip and shit like that is because it looks clean. If you can get a body kit that isn't wild and flashy then people will like it. The reason why people flame when hearing questions about body kits is because of the people that want the wild kits and that's what pops into their heads so they automatically start hating. So the best thing to do is not ask about the body kits (cause there's a FAQ at the top of the page with tons of links that you can click and find one for yourself) and get the one you want, have it painted, put on, and enjoy.

Yakima Valley Truck Club Yakima Washington
kicker1_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 11:34 AM   #13
Tranzlogic
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Tranzlogic

any mod done properly and carefully shouldnt have having " probloms " on a daily drivin basis..some people a: just go overboard on what there car is used for on a daily or b: do not follow all the proper steps and cover all the basis needed for the mod..so int hat aspect i would not base your choice of mods on the mistakes of others..

as far as body kits I think that kits are a great addition to many vehicles..but like anything it needs to be in moderation with the style of the doner.....ie : a fat guy in a speedo ....one is waaaaay to wrong for the other basically im getting at some cars can have a much more aggresive kit that others based on their OE apperance and body. take my Sol for example, i went with buddy sides and rear with a street fighter 1 front, then i molded over the fog light holes and the lower louver holes to give it a clean smooth apperance ..where something like an agressor kit would have looked way overkill !!!! its all a matter of judgment..but never let the opinions and mistakes of other people infuince your decision because it all boils down to one thing ...you making your own statement !
Tranzlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 04:13 PM   #14
TSRyder6
AF Enthusiast

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting