Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Windstar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 10:17 AM   #1
12Ounce
AF Fanatic

P0104, p0107

Title should be: WRONG WAY TO CORRECT P0104 AND P0107.

I've had the codes for a few miles now on my '99 Windstar. Needed to attend to grommets and gaskets but just no free time. So I kept driving. If one just keeps driving; something will eventually take place to stop the driving.

In my case, the long no-attention accompanied with poor engine performance, ended with the splitting of the upper radiator hose (last replaced in 2007). Extreme engine overheating was avoided, but not the steam and drenching of everything in the engine box. Somehow the steam and heat must have made a temporary "fix" of the air leak. So, at least for now after replacing hose, there is no code and the engine purrs.
12Ounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 07:47 AM   #2
phil-l
AF Enthusiast

Re: P0104, p0107

Yeah, your approach isn't what most people would consider the "correct" repair method!

I'm a bit surprised that the overheating incident appears to have had the effect of curing isolator bolt intake leaks - but I'll bet the cure will be temporary.

I did the isolator bolt fix many years ago - and haven't had it apart since then. Still runs well. Just replacing the isolator bolts isn't that big of a job - but most on this board use that opportunity to replace and clean other things while they've got it apart.
phil-l is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Windstar