Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 08:14 AM   #106
mikegee
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mikegee
Re: Re: There really is no point to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpura Delujo

Oh, now hang on a minute.

You can't say something like that, you say Muscle Cars are loud with no power? Please, I mean come on, you give me a factory produced Japanese car from the late 60s that was as loud and had as much power as ANY Muscle Car did. May I ask if you have ever heard a 426 Hemi in the metal? Have you ever read ANY technical information on 30 year old Muscle Cars? Yes, they don't have the best handling around but you are probably basing that off the 30 year old technology that they are running on. You can always buy better disc brakes and better springs and shock absorbers, but you can never buy what Muscle Cars bought to the world, no matter what.
No cars will ever compare to the true beauty of Muscle Cars. You said we need a live, fighting over cars, no one is fighting, it's an argument, you know. A conversation when opinions don't agree with each other.

Think proper statistics before you post silly things. Alot of cars would not exist today if Muscle Cars weren't around to inspire the designers.

only america is going the way of muscle cars. i hate the idea of so much power not getting to the ground. dont have 400 hosres and 0-60 your is being beat by a 4 banger with 271 hp, your 1/4 miles time is better by a few 100s of a sec. you top speed are both governed at a few apart, your handles dont even compare. my point ever one rants aneaves about sound i say so what. i want a sleeper car not something that other residents would complain about. and most of all torque and power means nothing if ya have trouble getting it to the ground. oh and in the late 60s japan was content with putting tvs in ya home.
Old 02-29-2004, 09:09 AM   #107
Purpura Delujo
AF Enthusiast

Re: There really is no point to this.

Holy crap learn how to type properly, I feel like I just read a post in Slovakian.
Your enthusiasm to cars is of little of value to me, especially reading the first line in your signature.
Also, yes there is more to racing then a straight line, there are many forms of racing and drag racing is one of them. You obviously like drag racing if you take bullshit lines from those stupid Fast and Furious movies because those '10 second cars' were all about it. There is no need to disrespect Nascar either, it's the art of racing at high level speed, one small mistake can cost you your life. That means you are always filled with adrenaline, if you don't like it then, that's great but I don't care.
I would never call someone like you a real car enthusiast. To me a real car enthusiast is someone who has the utmost respect for all forms of cars, especially the eras of cars that started most of the crazes today, you are not one of those people.

Edit: Sorry, we are talking about cars here, not TV
We are, right?
Old 02-29-2004, 01:31 PM   #108
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

well nascar is sure to watch after the first lap. but...mostly and..."oh and in the late 60s japan was content with putting tvs in ya home"?! what the...!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KustmAce
Real emo kids kill themselves.
Old 02-29-2004, 02:47 PM   #109
mikegee
AF Enthusiast

[quote=Purpura Delujo]Holy crap learn how to type properly, I feel like I just read a post in Slovakian.
Your enthusiasm to cars is of little of value to me, especially reading the first line in your signature.
Also, yes there is more to racing then a straight line, there are many forms of racing and drag racing is one of them. You obviously like drag racing if you take bullshit lines from those stupid Fast and Furious movies because those '10 second cars' were all about it. There is no need to disrespect Nascar either, it's the art of racing at high level speed, one small mistake can cost you your life. That means you are always filled with adrenaline, if you don't like it then, that's great but I don't care.
I would never call someone like you a real car enthusiast. To me a real car enthusiast is someone who has the utmost respect for all forms of cars, especially the eras of cars that started most of the crazes today, you are not one of those people.

Edit: Sorry, we are talking about cars here, not TV
We are, right?

car enthusiast? well seeing how i prefer great power to rate ratio, and handles. yea im more like an japanese import enthusiast
Old 03-01-2004, 05:28 AM   #110
Purpura Delujo
AF Enthusiast

Good, then stop saying shit about cars you know nothing about.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:09 PM   #111
All American Phsyo
Banned

Talking Re: Re: There really is no point to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrow03GT
Also, 1.4 seconds?? Are you trying to tell me a 99+ GT runs 14.7? LOL

100% stock GTs run anywhere from 13.8-14.2. Mine ran 14.01 @ 99mph and it was capable of a high 13 sec time stock. Its as simple as tires and you are looking @ 13.7s.

Evos run 13.3s at best, with a majority of them running between 13.6-14.5s as Ive witnessed at the track. Where is the 1.4 sec difference? If anything its 0.5 seconds.

Lets recap, 5,000rpm clutch dumps to achieve those times, go to the Evo board and notice people needing to change their clutch @ 2000 miles on the car. No Thanks.

Not to mention the fastest Evo in the states is only runing 11.6 times, thats WITH nitrous. Cars in its price class like the 03+ Cobra are doing that with minimal bolt-ons + tires with the faster ones in the low 10s with untouched block & IRS.

http://www.fordpower.net/forums/timeslips.php?

The sad part is, with all the $$ invested in the Evo, it has to use wild cams, lots of porting work, and race gas! These guys in 03 cobras are runing those times with 1/5th invested in simple bolt-ons. Alot of them doing this with factory warranties, try bringing your Evo in to service with engine work, and see how long it takes them to laugh you off the lot.

Darn mods banned me and now I have to use a new name, fortunetly I can change my name and IP in only about 45 seconds. Anyway this is Jared_80 and what is this carp that you are talking! The Evo runs a 13.0 if you want to argue that argue with motor trend! Yea if you put a stupid driver in it it probably will only run a 14 second 1/4 mile but the same is true for the Cobra too so lets skip the stupid numbers spin and stick with recorded numbers and reality. If you don't want to do that than you are too stupid to argue with anyway. For the seven thousand dollar difference between the Cobra and the Evo I could easly tweek the eve into the low 12s or high 11s. Don't beleve me just read what SCC did to their Evo!! As far as your fastest Evo crap I'll easly find you one that totaly smokes that where do you get this nonesence from???? Anyway I gatta go just keep telling yourself that the SVT will alyays be faster and maby you will convence yourself that it is true in spite of reality, or you can wake up and see that that four door four banger famaly car beats your expensive unpractical unrelieable musclecar in nearly every proformance test. Later
Old 03-01-2004, 01:17 PM   #112
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
Jesus, why is it all you keyboard cowboy import kids who know nothing about cars always make me end up taking the side of the muscle car guy?

Quote:
car enthusiast? well seeing how i prefer great power to rate ratio, and handles. yea im more like an japanese import enthusiast
I truly wish you weren't, you're making all of us import drivers look bad. If you're about cars that accelerate fast, corner hard, perform well in general, you're a car enthusiast, cuz there are cars that match that made everywhere. If all you like is japanese imports, you're just as close minded and ignorant as the guys who only like Mustangs or the guys who only like trucks.

All American "Phsyo"... you make one more inflammatory post like that, ANYWHERE, that I see, and you'll be banned again. You don't have to act like an immature asshole to express your opinion. And about your post...

1. I've already told you many times that Motor Trend did not run a 13.0 in that EVO! You are seriously thick headed to still not understand that's a corrected time. Cut the magazine racing already!

2. Low 11's with $7000 in an EVO? The Norris Designs EVO has over $110,000 invested, and with over 600 hp to the wheels it runs 10.8.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:44 PM   #113
mikegee
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpura Delujo
Good, then stop saying shit about cars you know nothing about.

define nothing? lol talking trash no im not i never once said that american muscle is junk or pieces of crap im merely saying that this car is quicker or handles better. i own american.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:53 PM   #114
mikegee
AF Enthusiast

I truly wish you weren't, you're making all of us import drivers look bad. If you're about cars that accelerate fast, corner hard, perform well in general, you're a car enthusiast, cuz there are cars that match that made everywhere. If all you like is japanese imports, you're just as close minded and ignorant as the guys who only like Mustangs or the guys who only like trucks.

i own a grand am, i do like more then just japanese import i have to talk then up when others are putting them down. y is it that muscle car guys arnt respecting the evo oh my there's a good question?

1. I've already told you many times that Motor Trend did not run a 13.0 in that EVO! You are seriously thick headed to still not understand that's a corrected time. Cut the magazine racing already!

ok did i read wrong when i read Motor trend ran a 13.08 in the evo?
i do wear glasses.

2. Low 11's with $7000 in an EVO? The Norris Designs EVO has over $110,000 invested, and with over 600 hp to the wheels it runs 10.8.

did they not know what they were doing $110,000 invested in my car i could do that or better.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:12 PM   #115
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL

Quote:
ok did i read wrong when i read Motor trend ran a 13.08 in the evo?
i do wear glasses.
What are you Jared's alter-ego? Yes it says "13.08" for the EVO in Motor Trend. No they did not run a 13.08. That's a corrected time. Do you know what that means? You guys make it seem like it's rocket science or something.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:13 PM   #116
gigglesnirt
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to gigglesnirt
im not even going to try arguing here anymore, its like a couple import fans, and the whole muscle car forum, what the hell is the point?
i dont care on how a car looks or sounds, it all matters on speed handling, and lots of power isn't always a good thing, to me american cars are unreliable they suck when i was younger, every american car my parents had owned had broken down more than once a year, now all they drive is japanese toyotas and hondas and other cars like that, and my mom has only had to get it into the shop once, and that was when a dear jumped in the way
Old 03-02-2004, 06:18 AM   #117
Purpura Delujo
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: There really is no point to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegee
define nothing? lol talking trash no im not i never once said that american muscle is junk or pieces of crap im merely saying that this car is quicker or handles better. i own american.
Well all you have really said is about power to weight and better handling. I think I covered the handling part well by stating the driveline technology in muscle cars is at least 30 years old. So you can't really say they still have crap handling when you take that into mind, unless you are stupid.
Power to weight?

1999 Nissan Skyline GTR
205.8 kw / 276.0 bhp @ 6800 rpm
Torque 293.0 nm / 216.1 ft lbs @ 4400 rpm
1666 kg / 3673 lbs

1970 Plymouth Hemi `Cuda
316.9 kw / 425.0 bhp @ 5000 rpm
664.35 nm / 490.0 ft lbs @ 4000 rpm
1642 kg / 3620 lbs
I don't think you need a calculator, and remember that nearly all of the factory engine statistics for muscle cars were false, very false.

In any way there is no good reason to compare new cars to old cars anyway, they are decades apart in technology and statistics. If you would prefer a 270hp car compared to a 500hp car then that is great. There is still no need to state the obvious, that a new car, in a completely different category, is faster in some stakes then a car that is 30 years old and built on the technology that was available at the time.

If anything I think anyone who likes any car, should love all older cars, just like young people should respect the elderly.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:30 AM   #118
All American Phsyo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldelaysionl
Jesus, why is it all you keyboard cowboy import kids who know nothing about cars always make me end up taking the side of the muscle car guy?

All American "Phsyo"... you make one more inflammatory post like that, ANYWHERE, that I see, and you'll be banned again. You don't have to act like an immature asshole to express your opinion. And about your post...

Go ahead and bann me again see if I care you pathetic piece of humanity! We both know why you banned me the first time!! You got your feelings hurt when I corrected you about camber thrust, go ahead and pull up my posts from six months ago, and tell everyone that that is why you banned me, whatever you got your pride hurt and you did not like it so you wanted to get rid of me, one day I correct you the next I am banned coincidence I think not!! You don't deserve to be a mod you don't deserve to be a member you go away!
Old 03-02-2004, 10:44 AM   #119
All American Phsyo
Banned

Strike me down and I will become more powerful than you could ever imagine. Somthing like that. Quit BSing and bann me already I know you want to! Block my IP too while you are at it! I can change my IP faster than you can change your socks! Go ahead try! You wanted a fight and I will give it to you! Better yet come down here and we'll settle this with a real fight. Come to JD I am very easy to find just ask about the short guy with messed up scars all over his fists. I'll be in X building 8:00am till noon Tuesday and Thursday, just let me know when you are coming so I can invite my club to watch me smash you.
Old 03-02-2004, 04:08 PM   #120
-Josh-
Automotive love doctor

Send a message via AIM to -Josh-
You're an idiot

AF User Guidelines

What is a mippie? - click