Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette
Corvette
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 08:38 PM   #1
jeff6303
AF Newbie

2002 Corvette check enine light, P0410

Hi all,

I had a question, I am fairly new to corvettes, in fact, only have had one for 3 days. Anyways, check engine light just came on, the code was P0410. I looked this up and it was for AIR system, now from my understanding and reading, this is just a secondary air pump for emissions controls. I took the car to the dealership and they where wanting to replace the pump for $600. I would REALLY like to avoid that, as wouldn’t want to spend that $ that I really don’t have to spend

Any ways, my question was, is this purely just for emissions, and if I don’t do something for it and just clear that code, could I damage the car? I am really not worried about emissions tests, as where I live they don’t require them

So, can I damage the car or make things worse by not fixing what’s wrong w/ it. From my reading that’s what it appears, just wanted to check w/ people that probably know WAY more then me

Thanks from the new guy,

Jeff
jeff6303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
Schrade
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2002 Corvette check enine light, P0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff6303
Hi all,

I had a question, I am fairly new to corvettes, in fact, only have had one for 3 days. Anyways, check engine light just came on, the code was P0410. I looked this up and it was for AIR system, now from my understanding and reading, this is just a secondary air pump for emissions controls. I took the car to the dealership and they where wanting to replace the pump for $600. I would REALLY like to avoid that, as wouldn’t want to spend that $ that I really don’t have to spend

Any ways, my question was, is this purely just for emissions, and if I don’t do something for it and just clear that code, could I damage the car? I am really not worried about emissions tests, as where I live they don’t require them

So, can I damage the car or make things worse by not fixing what’s wrong w/ it. From my reading that’s what it appears, just wanted to check w/ people that probably know WAY more then me

Thanks from the new guy,

Jeff
Oftentimes, the first problem is negligible. When a second develops, you'll have very quick serious consequences.

I don't know of the smog pump; post here for more feedback on C5:
http://www.corvetteforums.com/forumid_11/tt.htm
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette