Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > T100
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
BamZipPow
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to BamZipPow Send a message via Yahoo to BamZipPow
Lightbulb Polyurethane bushings fer a 2WD T-100...

Everyone I spoke to said they didn't have anything that would fit. Doing searches in all the other forums provided nothing. The only option there was if yer OEM rubber steering rack bushings were soft/worn/loose was to replace the entire rack. The "D" ring bushing is the only dealership option to tighten up the steering rack...until now!

I posted my progress over at ToyotaNation. My thread below...
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/60...-bushings.html

The bushings to git are the Energy Suspensions 9.9111 Flange - Link Type Bushing and to cut each bushing piece by 5mm. You must reuse the OEM sleeve after you burn the rubber off. Still working on a polyurethane "D" ring bushing...even if I have to cut the Energy Suspension one that they include in the Tacoma/Tundra kit (same "D" ring part number).

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...sp?prod=9.9111
BamZipPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
BamZipPow
AF Newbie

Wink Re: Polyurethane bushings fer a 2WD T-100...

I ended up chopping up the Energy Suspension polyurethane "D" ring bushing from the Tacoma/Tundra kit. The "D" ring bushing part number is 10031 and cannot be purchased separately from Energy Suspension or any of the dealers. You'll have to buy either one of the kits and chop it down. I've posted in my thread over at ToyotaNation with piccies of what needs to be chopped down.

The steering has been pushing to the right and I believe it's from the extra thickness of the flange on the rear horizontal bushing. I'll have to pull it and chop it down and see if it corrects the problem. This should also allow me to align the vertical bolt much easier as well.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #3
BamZipPow
AF Newbie

Re: Polyurethane bushings fer a 2WD T-100...

Unbolted the rack this afternoon and checked fer clearances. Seems that everything is as it should be and I don't need to cut the flange off the back of the rear horizontal bushing.

I think the reason is because the polyurethane bushings have brought the steering rack back in it's proper position. The worn out OEM rubber bushings were mush and allowed the rack to shift over when the alignment was set. I'll be gitting another alignment after I install the new tie rod ends (Raybestos Professional Grade) this week.
The Following User Says Thank You to BamZipPow For This Useful Post:
Brian R. (02-03-2013)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > T100