Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 12:52 AM   #1
IhateScions
AF Newbie

why? you ricers amaze me

why would anyone consider buying an xB? they are the ugliest, slowest, eyesores on the road today. out of the factory, of course. they're not quite as bad as every other piece of rice on the road. some people are so stupid. please tell me why you would spend any amount of money on these boxes?
IhateScions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 06:36 AM   #2
kentuckyjoe
AF Newbie

Re: why? you ricers amaze me

What does the domestic car makers offer at anything close to this quality and price,
Believe me, I bought a 97 Oldsmobile aurora, this car was almost $39,000, I spent thousands of dollars trying to keep it running, (if you don't believe me, go look on the aurora thread, see how many problems American cars have and compare it to the japs) I traded this car off with under 100,000 miles on it, and only got 2500 dollars, I was offered as little as $1000.
The car looked perfect, the dealer did not want anything to do with an American car or an Oldsmobile. So you tell me Smartass, why would I buy an over priced, piece of American crape again?
kentuckyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 06:57 AM   #3
BLU CIVIC
調整器

Send a message via MSN to BLU CIVIC Send a message via Yahoo to BLU CIVIC

what does ricer have to do with xB??

eh...
1991 Civic Sedan DX - 185.8whp/139tq. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills
2006 G35 Coupe 6MT - Stock
2011 CR-Z - Stock
BLU CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 02:09 PM   #4
IhateScions
AF Newbie

Re: Re: why? you ricers amaze me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU CIVIC
what does ricer have to do with xB??

eh...
it seems to be the same group of people driving them that hang/drive around with all of the ricers
Old 09-22-2004, 02:16 PM   #5
IhateScions
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckyjoe
What does the domestic car makers offer at anything close to this quality and price,
Believe me, I bought a 97 Oldsmobile aurora, this car was almost $39,000, I spent thousands of dollars trying to keep it running, (if you don't believe me, go look on the aurora thread, see how many problems American cars have and compare it to the japs) I traded this car off with under 100,000 miles on it, and only got 2500 dollars, I was offered as little as $1000.
The car looked perfect, the dealer did not want anything to do with an American car or an Oldsmobile. So you tell me Smartass, why would I buy an over priced, piece of American crape again?
well, if you don't mind buying used, there is a ****load of choices. how bout any truck, or a jeep. they can get you well over 150k miles. if you want performance, how bout any LS1, or even a mustang. you got me there on the price, not many domestics will cost under 20k out the door.if you wouldn't mind though, could you tell me where i said, ever, that you should buy a domestic. i was stating my despise of the xB. there are plenty, PLENTY of cars in the same price range that would be a better car.
Old 09-22-2004, 04:30 PM   #6
Shaguar47
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shaguar47

xb's are sold at a reasonable price which makes them good for say going to work or to the grocery store. There compact, nimble and have potential. But since the Scion brand is based around Teen's, most teens like the fast and furious cars and soon will start tricking them. Besides, the scion dealership gives a whole heck of alot of options to put on them. Like Subs, clear tails, wheels, etc. It's all good. It's the same way the civic and corolla become such popular cars was the ability to trick them out even though they made great every day commuters.

Current -- Ex to Si. It's Overdone, but who gives a crap. I don't!
Shaguar47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 06:00 PM   #7
IhateScions
AF Newbie

By "trickin out", I can only assume that you mean making them look f****ng stupid. With cool neons, awesome downforce-producing wings, and poweradders such as carbon fiber shift knobs and performance part stickers. And then put this ridiculous neck-snapping power to the ground through some sweet 14-inch autozone spinners. I just love hearing these mean performance machines whiz by at 11,000 rpm's on the street thinking they just raped me even though I'm slowing down for a turn and still barely getting walked.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:07 PM   #8
IhateScions
AF Newbie

oh yea, and what the hell is up with the ricer "fly-by". do y'all actually think you're winning a race by doing this?
Old 09-22-2004, 06:14 PM   #9
IhateScions
AF Newbie

hahaha. these guys are great. finally someone expressing so many people's views on you idiots.
http://streetracingchronicles.com/
Old 09-23-2004, 09:28 AM   #10
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster

IhateScions, please keep your biggoted opinions to yourself and go and play in your US-branded forums, please.

Any more of your crap and you get shown the door.

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 11:59 AM   #11
IhateScions
AF Newbie

guess i'm not allowed to share my opinion, if it disagrees with people, and create discussions on a public message board. ok
Old 09-23-2004, 04:25 PM   #12
Shaguar47
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shaguar47

Quote:
Originally Posted by IhateScions
By "trickin out", I can only assume that you mean making them look f****ng stupid.
I bet you've tricked out something just to waste time. There is nothing wrong with neon, spinners, or fart cans. It just all has to go together and that's what the challenging part of it all is. Picking the right stuff for your car. I'll agree there are retards running around here thinking they're all that with walmart accessories on there car, but that just shows they have no style or horsepower. It's something your just gonna have to ignore and get over it. Let the true import tuners handle this.

Current -- Ex to Si. It's Overdone, but who gives a crap. I don't!
Shaguar47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 04:51 PM   #13
dsmkid95
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to dsmkid95 Send a message via Yahoo to dsmkid95

lol....this is funny....i being an xb owner knows? first off i have an eclipse gs-t that does an ll in the 1/4 mile and i went and bought the xb and i must say that this car is 10x better than my eclipse or perhaps many other cars out there. now what do you drive that you have to beat on xb's for. noone is coming off in these forums saying that there pullin 10's in a scion or i can beat you for that matter. these are cool cruise cars with potential power. slap on the greddy turbo which is a dsm td04 turbo with je low compressions on there and bet you this will take most cars out there. so if you have a problem keep to yourself seeing as im keeping my mouth shut about usdm's
Old 12-27-2004, 10:45 PM   #14
MomsBoxxRocks
AF Newbie

Talking Re: why? you ricers amaze me

Quote:
Originally Posted by IhateScions
it seems to be the same group of people driving them that hang/drive around with all of the ricers
Are you a.ka. "ywouldubuyascion" on www.scionforums.com by any chance??? It sure does sound like you since everything written is just like the other message board, but if not, my mistake.

Oh, and btw, I'm not a ricer, I'm a 32yo married, white chick with a daughter and 2 step kids. Why must you stereo type??? This "ice cream truck", "box on wheels", "toaster", or whatever is priced right, saves on gas and has plenty of space for my family. I traded in my '96 Eclipse GS-T for the '05 XB and it was the best purchase I've ever made, though it may not go as fast as my convertible, but that's fine with me. I can't see myself or my husband driving a minivan, we wanted something different and didn't care what other people thought of the XB.

You do have a right to your opinion, just like everyone else here. You have made your point, now go to another board and tell them how much their cars suck. Thanks for stating your opinion.

~T~
"I Drive A Box Because Mini Vans Suck!"
Old 12-28-2004, 05:23 AM   #15
ricesucks
AF Enthusiast

If you hate scions, and don't get it, leave!
ricesucks is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > General Discussion