Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 10:38 PM   #16
mx6rrr
AF Regular

Re: Re: Scion is EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProShift
IonPulse u think a PT cruiser is nice soo u should not be talking about anything being evil
you stole my line.

anyways, i think scion is awesome since it give us gen x'rs a chance to buy a brand new car and still have money for all the aftermarket stuff they offer (which is pricey so most people im sure will buy aftermarket stuff from other places). my buddy kevin just bought a scion tc and just loves it, hes getting the supercharger for it when it comes out.

Also, i dont recall owning a toyota so i dont think they are trying to scam/brain wash us. I have 1 friend who has a camry and another with a mr2...my neighbor has a camry also...but i think toyota is a very well built vehical...If i were to buy a truck i would get a tocoma, if i were to get a suv i would get a 4runner just because they are very well built and durable expecially for the price, they have very high resale values and alot of awesome reviews.
Old 10-17-2004, 01:54 PM   #17
domesticdisturbans
AF Regular

Re: Scion is EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yea i am not that sure about the pt cruisers( dont really care bout them ) but my bro just bought his box (xb) and its a great car midnight blue (personally i would want lava) but its all good and it is GREAT for road trips from like northen california to reno or vegas plenty of foot room inside of it and hustle wize he is thinking about tossing a blitz super ccharger on it and getting some airbag struts for beter handling ( but still wont kill it hitting speed bumps
my 5 cents
-shawn
domesticdisturbans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 06:19 PM   #18
the0ckid82
AF Newbie

ok i have to chime in here .. i have a xb and i am a member of scion evolution ... if by brainwashing you mean careing about what there customers want in a car and makeing a quality prodouct for an affordable price ... and i do fit their marking age im a 22 year old ... and as for your comment about the xb being a copy of the nissan cube do your research before you speak beacuse your a lil mixed up the cube is actually a clone of the xb the xb has been out for years in japan its called a toyota bB as well as the Xa known as the ist in japan ... soo before you go calling a company evil why dont you pull your head out of your ass and get your facts straight
the0ckid82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 01:38 AM   #19
Ion Pulse
AF Enthusiast

Excuse me!!!

Did you really think i did'nt know this!!! I did'nt say that it was a rebadged Nissan Cube and I know they have been out for years. All the more reason to brainwash you into thinking what you are buying is a totally new design,lol.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:16 PM   #20
Big Top Gt
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion Pulse
Excuse me!!!

Did you really think i did'nt know this!!! I did'nt say that it was a rebadged Nissan Cube and I know they have been out for years. All the more reason to brainwash you into thinking what you are buying is a totally new design,lol.
Someone really needs to put you over their knee and give you a good spanking. Do your parents know you're sneaking onto the internet and using the computer with out their permission?

All you're trying to do is stirr up trouble. Someone needs to revoke your posting pass. You are what's considered a troll. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to find you want a Scion.

In your previous post you claimed the Xb is nothing more than a Cube copy. Now you're trying to say you knew it. Come on man, some of us are actually old enough to drive and go to work vs. worring about being to home room on time.

Anyway, what Toyota is trying to do is build brand loyalty at an earlier age. Studies have proven (imperically) when a buyer is introduced to a given product or brand and that product/brand is dependable, reliable, and a good value the customer tends to continue purchasing those products through out their life time. What company DOESN'T do that?

Let's see:

Ford = Focus
Chevy = Cavalier (on it's last legs) and the new Cobalt.
Chrysler = Neon (and the fabulous SRT4)
Nissan = Sentra
Toyota = Corolla and Matrix
Honda = Civic
Saturn = Pick something. Every one of their cars is an entry model to buy a nicer, better, longer lasting GM product. Let's face a little harsh reality here: if they don't turn themselves around with better product they may not even be a product line in the next five years. Same goes for Mitsubishi.

...and that's just naming a few.

Every major manufacturer has an offering in a similar price category. The difference is Toyota appears to be cutting their profit margin in order to bring the consumer more features for less money. (read:value)

Now, for someone who drives (or who's parents drive perhaps) a PT Cruiser to come in here and bash people for driving a Toyota/Scion is almost laughable. Chrysler went so long between actually manufacturing a car worth paying money for they had to sell out to Daimler Benz. I've had MANY experiences with PT Cruisers (makes a great rental car ) and you can't tell me with a straight face you think it's a car worth what you pay. This is typical Dodge/Chrysler product quality and reliability (or the lack there of) we're talking about here.

Anyway, you can pull up your pants now, I'm done spaking you for now.

Try growing up a little, will ya?

Alan
Coming soon: Boost.
Big Top Gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 05:37 AM   #21
Ion Pulse
AF Enthusiast

Rite you've all made your point.

I suppose that being at the other side of the atlantic, it is'nt my place to judge.

In-fact the tC looks a bit like a Volvo S40 Coupe and i quite like it.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:55 AM   #22
nbr1nthuzyst
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nbr1nthuzyst Send a message via Yahoo to nbr1nthuzyst

You dont have a clue about what your talking about... They're offering affordable cars, that have a "bang for buck" facter to them. They arent brainwashing anyone... You have obviously been brainwashed into saying all that BS coming out of your mouth..."momsboxxrocks" couldnt have said it better, were on this to meet other enthusiasts, not to listen to some punk with a big mouth!
nbr1nthuzyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 01:58 AM   #23
nbr1nthuzyst
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nbr1nthuzyst Send a message via Yahoo to nbr1nthuzyst

"ion pulse"- that was one of the best replies i have ever read!
nbr1nthuzyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 12:13 AM   #24
jwaj2002
AF Regular

lol pt cruiser's suck ass, I love my chrysler/dodge products, but the cruiser sucks, they get between 8 and 12 mpg, and don't say they don't a friend of mine has one and she can't ever keep gas in it, its still better then her mustang where when she bought it new and drove it off the lot, the check engine light came on and it needed $1200 in head gaskets(which she had to pay for, because it wasn't covered under the warranty) and don't even get me started on hyundai, need I mention why they come with a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty?
jwaj2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 12:25 AM   #25
TheQuietThings
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to TheQuietThings

i cannot believe we are giving this guy so much attention. If he thinks Scion sucks, then good for him, scion sucks and he is missing out on everything scion has to offer. ive had my tC for almost 6 months now, with no complaints what so ever. what is so bad about toyota offering us quality, cheap, economical cars. no one is forcing you to buy a toyota, it is our choice to buy them.

some of us just make better choices than others...
Old 10-01-2005, 09:00 AM   #26
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ
Re: Re: Scion is EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuietThings
i cannot believe we are giving this guy so much attention. If he thinks Scion sucks, then good for him, scion sucks and he is missing out on everything scion has to offer. ive had my tC for almost 6 months now, with no complaints what so ever. what is so bad about toyota offering us quality, cheap, economical cars. no one is forcing you to buy a toyota, it is our choice to buy them.

some of us just make better choices than others...
Damn right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaj2002
they get between 8 and 12 mpg, and don't say they don't a friend of mine has one and she can't ever keep gas in it
Eh...she's got something SERIOUSLY wrong with it, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaj2002
its still better then her mustang where when she bought it new and drove it off the lot, the check engine light came on and it needed $1200 in head gaskets
HA...stupid ass cars...

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 11:20 PM   #27
jwaj2002
AF Regular

her reason for getting crap gas mileage in the cruiser, consists of her lead foot, but they only get around 20 mpg which isn't all that great
jwaj2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:09 PM   #28
AceMobile
AF Newbie

Post SMS subscription

Any information about free sms newsletters ? So I can send free sms newsletter to subscribers in Europe and Russia tagga.com offered this but it's now limited to us only, as 4info.... maybe ICQ sms may help, but they do not offer api. please reply here or to tuzbubenchik (,,,at"") mail.ru
AceMobile is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > General Discussion