Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saab > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 10:19 AM   #1
BMWSaabJockey55
AF Newbie

Lightbulb Our Saab Family History, Whats Yours???

I remember the day my dad brought home, his long awaited ordered 1979 silvergreen 900T 3 dr hatchback. I was in junior high school, and all my friends wanted rides. It was the 2nd Saab in my neighborhood, but the newest. The other was a creamish 1974 99 3 dr hatchback. It was the true beginning to a life long admiration and true desire to always have atleast 1 saab in our family. When I turned 18, we had 3 Saabs in my parents garage, and when I was 22, the number increased to 5, as I bought a used 1987 900S sdn, and my younger brother bought my dads 2nd 900, a 1996 900S, same color as his 79 hatchback. My father bought a new 1989 SPG and a new 1989 900T sdn, each charcol gray, and replacing his prior 2 Saabs. He sold the 79 to his cousin, whom was in med school, and replaced it with the SPG, and replaced the 86 900S with the 89 900T. The SPG never was driven in the winter, as he drove the 900T sdn 6-months and the 900 SPG 6-months. My mom had a 1987 900, that my dad bought for her in the fall of 86, as a wedding anniversary gift. That made 5 Saabs in all, and to this day my family accounts for 5-7 Saabs on average, as my father has passed, but my mom continues to buy new 9-3's, as she too believes there is no better car. She had a 2001 9-5, and traded it for a new 2004 9-3 left over, as she found the 9-5 to be more for my dads interests, thus she plans to continue with the 9-3 theme, regreting buying the 9-5, as for her it was to big. My sister just purchased a 2006 9-7, and does not miss her MDX at all. I loved the MDX, its an awesome SUV, sport & lux all in a nice pkg. I think I'll wait a year before I deside if the 9-7 is truly Saabish, or if it handles like a GMC Envoy,TrailBlazer,Raineer,Bravada cousin. I do want to test drive one, though. So if YOU have time, I'd love to hear, your Saab history.
BMWSaabJockey55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 04:12 PM   #2
MonsterBengt
AF Enthusiast

Re: Our Saab Family History, Whats Yours???

my dad's 3rd car or something was a 96 V4, than took awhile til he got a green 99 in the late '80s.. shortly after that a red 2 door 900i, then a blue 4 door 900i (wich i got to drive til it broke on the fields at age 8), a white 900 T16, and then the white '87 9000i cc 2.0 16v he drives still. We also had ourselfs a lease 93 2.0 se for 6months..

My dad used to work at Saab in Trollhättan so he had de luxury of taking 'test cars' for afew days for free. A 9-5 once in a while.. one 9-5 Griffin.. nad my favorite; a silver 9-3 Viggen I remember my uncle driving and push the pedal to the metal and screaming 'herrejävlar! 250 redan!' = 'Holyf´´ck! 250 already!' (km/h).. pretty sweet push into the seat .. we hit a 10-20dgre upphill in 150kmh without notice any change in Rpms or km/h love it..

Still the 9000 is the best.. it ran over 30 000km now, and only thing needed to replace/repair besides tyres, is a broken indicator.

Buy a Saab
MonsterBengt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:02 AM   #3
seraph boy
AF Newbie

Re: Our Saab Family History, Whats Yours???

I only had one saab and that was a 9-5 it went great and then we found out the engine problems that it could have and so betrayed it for a volvo v50. Sorry Saab!
seraph boy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saab > General Discussion