Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 03:58 PM   #31
Goatman
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Goatman
well... according to C & D the SRT-4's performance stats are

0-60 : 5.6
1/4 Mile: 14.1
Skidpad: .85 g
Braking 70-0: 167 ft
Old 04-10-2003, 04:39 PM   #32
TheExperience
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to TheExperience
I think that at the drag strip, it would be a really close race.. I would put my money on the 350Z, for many reasons. But, I just think that chrysler went overboard with the SRT-4, I don't think too many people are going to buy it. One reason is insurance, I don't think that many older people are going to buy it because they would have more money to buy a more luxurious car, and a young person wouldn't really want it because insurance companies are gonna be all over that car..Its too much..that, and there is gonna be a big reliability problem with those cars I think..too much boost for stock..too many people are gonna have that car and just run it into the ground.
Old 04-11-2003, 10:51 AM   #33
kaoru-tochiro
Banned

Close race my ass, any body driving a 350Z against a turbo neon is gonna get their ass handed to them. Its time to face the music, import guys, you're beaten. The neon is the ultimate fastest and better priced machine of the century.
Old 04-11-2003, 11:04 AM   #34
TheExperience
AF Regular

and that wasn't a well thought out answer...
Old 04-11-2003, 12:51 PM   #35
kaoru-tochiro
Banned

Whoa!....did I actually write that?
But just because the Neon is cheaper is that any reason to think its an unreliable car?
Old 04-11-2003, 06:34 PM   #36
TheExperience
AF Regular

Yes.
Old 04-11-2003, 06:48 PM   #37
kaoru-tochiro
Banned

Then the 350Z is a POS compared to an M3 because its cheaper?
Old 04-12-2003, 02:36 AM   #38
TheExperience
AF Regular

No, you are taking it out of context. The performance level compared to price level. The Neon is of the same performance level as the 350Z, but since you pay more for the 350z, the quality is going to be better than that of the Neon, because you are paying more. That engine is tuned to the hilt for a 4 cylinder, but because it can keep up with cars that have two or more cylinders, that engine will be working 50% harder or even twice as hard to keep up. That, and American cars are not usually known for there reliability, and add that to a 4 cylinder Turbo that can boost up to 12 lbs at certain times, its gonna be something that we ned to look out for. Back to the Performance/Price level, 20,000 dollars doesn't quite put you over the threshold where price is not an issue concerning quality, which I think many people would associate with about 30,000 grand or more in a lot of cars. I'm not saying all cars are of high quality after 30,000, even cars that are cheaper are really reliable, but i'm mostly hinting towards american automakers. The overwhelming majoritry of imported cars are of high quality and finish, and we all know why this is. But yea, the 350z is a POS compared to an M3, j/k. The 350z is not a POS, but OVERALL (comfort, quality, technology) the M3 is a better car because you pay more.
Old 04-12-2003, 12:14 PM   #39
kaoru-tochiro
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by TheExperience
No, you are taking it out of context. The performance level compared to price level. The Neon is of the same performance level as the 350Z, but since you pay more for the 350z, the quality is going to be better than that of the Neon, because you are paying more. That engine is tuned to the hilt for a 4 cylinder, but because it can keep up with cars that have two or more cylinders, that engine will be working 50% harder or even twice as hard to keep up. That, and American cars are not usually known for there reliability, and add that to a 4 cylinder Turbo that can boost up to 12 lbs at certain times, its gonna be something that we ned to look out for. Back to the Performance/Price level, 20,000 dollars doesn't quite put you over the threshold where price is not an issue concerning quality, which I think many people would associate with about 30,000 grand or more in a lot of cars. I'm not saying all cars are of high quality after 30,000, even cars that are cheaper are really reliable, but i'm mostly hinting towards american automakers. The overwhelming majoritry of imported cars are of high quality and finish, and we all know why this is. But yea, the 350z is a POS compared to an M3, j/k. The 350z is not a POS, but OVERALL (comfort, quality, technology) the M3 is a better car because you pay more.
Hmm...I see what you mean, the engine on the Neon is running at near maximum output while the 350Z is more relaxed.
But I think Igor might disagree with you, because he thinks the 350Z is an equal match to the M3, because the 350Z comes with a Carbon driveshaft and a sack full a cool stuff.
Old 04-13-2003, 09:55 AM   #40
BigJustinZ28
AF Enthusiast

I'd rather have the 350z just because it is a sports car , and not a suped up sport compact. I'm just not into neons to be frank. If I wanted a grocery getter I'd buy and 2002 SS Camaro , supercharge it. Then use my z28 to get groceries !!!!! lol , ok so I do that now with the z28 but it makes going to the grocery store fun !!!!! (yes I do know the megalosuper neon and the 350z would make short work of my 84z28 , but dammit the car is still a blast)

1997 Camaro Z28 = LT1 w/ LT4 Conversion w/ Hot Cam
52mm T/B , SLP CAI , SLP Shorties .Eibach Springs, KYB GA Shocks.
SS Hood , Suncoast Creations Spoiler , F1 Camaro Wheels.
30th Ann. Style White with Orange Stripes.
Old 04-13-2003, 10:48 AM   #41
kaoru-tochiro
Banned

NEON WINS!!!

Super tuner TV, and sports compact car both tested this car and found it to be more powerfull than Dodge says, supertuner TV's qurter time tests show that the 350Z aggainst the Neon SRT got its ass handed to it.
FINAL VERDICT
this thread asked which was faster in the 1/4 mile, not which one had a prettier interior.
Old 04-13-2003, 11:46 AM   #42
TatII
AF Fanatic

how bad did the neon beat the Z? it coudnt' have gotten its doors blown off. they are very similar in performance numbers. if either one loses to each other, it would be by no more then a car (1/10th) of a second.

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
Old 04-13-2003, 12:41 PM   #43
kaoru-tochiro
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by TatII
how bad did the neon beat the Z? it coudnt' have gotten its doors blown off. they are very similar in performance numbers. if either one loses to each other, it would be by no more then a car (1/10th) of a second.
If youre beaten, you're beaten, even if its by a fleas's ass.
Old 04-13-2003, 01:14 PM   #44
TheExperience
AF Regular

that sucks..but in reality though, the race could go either way because the majority of people don't know how to race there own cars.
Old 04-13-2003, 01:32 PM   #45
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Quote:
Originally posted by NISSANSPDR

Evo and WRX are rally cars that are now legal on the street...ever heard of the FIA WRC ?
What I was saying that the Evo and the WRX both have humble roots as econo boxes. The Evo is based on the very slow gas conservative Lancer and the WRX is based on the Impreza. Both started as econo cars, so don't give me the Econo box BS. Also, the rally version have only one thing to do with the street cars, body style. They nothing else, NOTHING ELSE. Also, let me mention that the SRT-4 is doing pretty damn well in it's rally class.

Quote:
Originally posted by TheExperience
I think that at the drag strip, it would be a really close race.. I would put my money on the 350Z, for many reasons. But, I just think that chrysler went overboard with the SRT-4, I don't think too many people are going to buy it. One reason is insurance, I don't think that many older people are going to buy it because they would have more money to buy a more luxurious car, and a young person wouldn't really want it because insurance companies are gonna be all over that car..Its too much..that, and there is gonna be a big reliability problem with those cars I think..too much boost for stock..too many people are gonna have that car and just run it into the ground.
Are you doubting Chrysler here? I don't think you realize how much experience with turbocharging Chrysler has. Much more than Mitsubishi, Nissan, or Subaru. Just because it is less than the Fairlady doesn't mean that it is cheaply built. I don't want to hear that BS either. That is pure ignorance.

As for the debate here. Between the Fairlady and the SRT-4 it comes down to driver. It impresses me that the SRT-4 being over $10,000 less can be faster out of the box.