Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 06:26 PM   #1
dolla_bill0913
AF Enthusiast

Will the SRT-4 neon be fast as a nissan 350z in the 1/4 mile?

The stats I found in the april issue of AUTOMOBILE magazine> 350Z does 0 to 60 in 5.6 seconds, 0 to 100 in 14.4 seconds, and the 1/4 mile in 14.2 seconds @97mph compared to the SRT-4 which does 0 to 60 in 5.7 seconds, 0 to 100 in 14 seconds, and the 1/4 mile in 14.2 seconds @ 102mph. What do you think?
Old 03-11-2003, 06:30 PM   #2
Jetts
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Jetts
if that is true i would take the srt-4 cause get a turbo timer and maybe a upgraded turbo and it will probally run pretty fast

11/07/87 - 11/11/04
*** KEITH VALLEE***
R.I.P
Keith. higher then any mother fucker out there..... R.I.P homie..
Old 03-11-2003, 07:30 PM   #3
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
yes but upgrades for a 350Z aren't scarce either.

The 350Z would come tops in stock vs. Stock- Simply because it is more aerodynamic and a lighter car. The STR-4 also comes across as rather fragile as well

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Old 03-11-2003, 07:45 PM   #4
Jetts
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Jetts
350 weighs less?
hmm that is cool

11/07/87 - 11/11/04
*** KEITH VALLEE***
R.I.P
Keith. higher then any mother fucker out there..... R.I.P homie..
Old 03-11-2003, 10:55 PM   #5
NISSANSPDR
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to NISSANSPDR
Quote:
Originally posted by Jimster
yes but upgrades for a 350Z aren't scarce either.

The 350Z would come tops in stock vs. Stock- Simply because it is more aerodynamic and a lighter car. The STR-4 also comes across as rather fragile as well
Lighter car? The 350Z comes in around 3250 lbs and the SRT-4 weighes 2980 lbs...

Check the data...hehe

Anyways...we know in the end...if we wanted to play the bigger turbo/tweak game...the 350Z w/the GReddy Twin Turbo kit would wax the SRT-4 anyday...I mean w/a 450HP on tap and the potential for 600HP thru those turbos...bye bye Neon

:finger:

Old 03-11-2003, 11:05 PM   #6
tenzoracerevovii
AF Enthusiast

i thought all turbo timers did were keep the turbo's spooling after the car is turned off to ensure that the turbo's don't get oil and crap stuck in there and eventually cause the turbo to break. why would that help the neon beat the 350z? maybe you meant a boost controller. then you can turn up the boost and THEN smoke a 350z. i hate to admit it...but damn those new neons are bad ass. but 350z's aren't bad either. if i had the cash, i'd get the 350z cuz it looks much better and will turn more heads rather than get "oh it's still a freakin neon".

Don't you know, it's 10 hp for every sticker, 50 hp extra for every additional inch of rear spoiler behond stock height.
-obiewancoyote
Old 03-12-2003, 12:22 AM   #7
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:
Originally posted by NISSANSPDR

Lighter car? The 350Z comes in around 3250 lbs and the SRT-4 weighes 2980 lbs...

Check the data...hehe

Anyways...we know in the end...if we wanted to play the bigger turbo/tweak game...the 350Z w/the GReddy Twin Turbo kit would wax the SRT-4 anyday...I mean w/a 450HP on tap and the potential for 600HP thru those turbos...bye bye Neon

:finger:
Really???? the local Nissan dealer puts it at 1400kg's- which equates to about 2800lb's odd indeed- either way the aerodynamics will be enough to put it a nose ahead- and the 350Z would eat the little econobox in the twisties

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Old 03-12-2003, 01:21 AM   #8
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
Quote:

Really???? the local Nissan dealer puts it at 1400kg's- which equates to about 2800lb's odd indeed- either way the aerodynamics will be enough to put it a nose ahead- and the 350Z would eat the little econobox in the twisties
actualy 1400 times 2.2 makes 3080 but still its a lie the 350z is around 3200 pounds and over look at nissan's specs.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Old 03-12-2003, 05:23 AM   #9
BlOOe46
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to BlOOe46
i think everyone is giving the 350z too much credit

i hope u all run into an SRT4 on the street . . . or in the "twisties"
Old 03-12-2003, 08:24 AM   #10
TatII
AF Fanatic

you really think so huh? well if you watch bestmotoring international. a stock nissan 350Z track model beat a bmw M3 at a track. there are all stock cars driven by pro drivers. the cars in that race is a porsche boxter, honda S2000, bmw M3, 350Z track model, and the R34 Skyline GT-R. of course the GT-R was first but the 350Z was only 3 seconds behind, but of course the GT-R was only following behind the Z on the first 3 laps to study cars handling dynamic's from behind, then on the 4th lap it just got serious and pulled on the Z and in only 2 laps the Z was already 3 seconds behind. and the M3 was right behind the Z. and if you think that the video is bias because its japs driving jap cars. wrong! like 3 issues ago on Road & track or one of those magazines, the title was 350Z vs. the best. they put the track model against a M3, a 911 carrera, and the Z06. of course the Z06 left everything in the dust, and the porsche was a distant 2nd. but guess what? the Z beat the M3 again! however, the Z falls behind alot on the straightline aceleration. but of course in road racing straightline aceleration only tells part of the story.

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
Old 03-12-2003, 10:39 AM   #11
BlOOe46
AF Enthusiast

ok . . . is there some kind of demoralizing point to telling me the 350z beat an m3?

in this situation, i think u are giving too much credit to the m3 . . . the e46 is an overweight pig, the car was meant neither for straight line performance or tracking, it is just too heavy, too luxurious . . . post e30 m3 is all about status symbol

by saying it beat an m3, u are not saying much . . . the instances where an e46 m3 has been beat on the track are numerous, and with time, they will keep multiplying . . . the car just doesnt stay true to its racing heritage

put the 350z against an e30 on the track, and we will see who overwhelms who
Old 03-12-2003, 05:17 PM   #12
TatII
AF Fanatic

i always thought the M3 was a pretty awesome car. but since your the bimmer guy here i'll have to take your word for it that its not as mighty as i think it is lolz

edit:
wait a minute. back to the original subject, this is about the Z vs. SRT 4. the reason why i bought up the case with the M3 is becasue i doubt a SRT-4 can beat a M at a track.

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
Old 03-13-2003, 05:12 AM   #13
BlOOe46
AF Enthusiast

a guy on m3forum.com beat an m3 (whos driver was the leading driving school instructor at the event) in his ls1 fbody . . . dont know what thats saying . . . u be the one to interpret

anyways . . . back on topic . . . the srt4 will be no slouch on the track . . . itd be interesting to see the weight/power distribution of the two cars, and maybe a comparison of skidpads - thatll probably be a good tell-tale sign of who might win if they went on the track
Old 03-14-2003, 07:09 AM   #14
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Quote:

I wouldn't call the Neon SRT-4 an econo box. If you are going to say that, then so is the Evo and the WRX. Yeah the Fairlady will eat the Neon in the turns, but it all comes down to the driver in the 1/4. To me that is impressive.

And yes, to whoever asked, a turbo timer is used simply to keep the engine running to cool down the turbo. I for one just let the car run for about 30 seconds to let it cool. If I have been pretty hard on it, then I drive around calmly for about five min, then park and let it cool for 30 seconds before shutting it off.

I don't understand why people waste money on a turbo timer, they are uselss.
Old 03-14-2003, 10:33 AM   #15
NISSANSPDR
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to NISSANSPDR
Quote:
Originally posted by Polygon

I wouldn't call the Neon SRT-4 an econo box. If you are going to say that, then so is the Evo and the WRX.
Evo and WRX are rally cars that are now legal on the street...ever heard of the FIA WRC ?