Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 02:11 PM   #1
Formula5.7S
AF Newbie

frontier offroad abilities

hi im sellign my firebird and im looking at getting a frontier crew cab supercharged 4wd. i live in colorado and so i want to be able to go off roading in it. what are the capabilities of this truck, i want to do some fairly serious off roading on trails mostly. the truck i am looking at has all terrain tires already but what will it be able to handle. im not looking at doing any major upgrades so i have been trying to decide if i should go with a jeep or if the frontier wil be able to handle the general moderate to hard trails. id appreciate any info or opinions thanks.
Formula5.7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:33 AM   #2
jkeaton224
AF Newbie

Re: frontier offroad abilities

Frontiers have awsome offroad capabilities right from the factory. I would NOT recommend the SC model as it does not add much power, but does require premium gas. The crewcabs would be a bit on the long side for serious offroading. The original equipment tires are the 31x10.5 size, but I believe you could put 33's on them. Might have to do a body lift or suspension lift to clear the front fenders.
jkeaton224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 02:04 PM   #3
skeardsnissan
AF Newbie

Re: frontier offroad abilities

i own a 04 frontier 4x4 sc crew cab and let me tell ya it works good. totally stock except for a set of MT/R's. i love fourwheelin and it will keep up with the jeeps, but it isn't the most practial vechile of choice. its tooo long and lacks groundclearance and a ifs is a major weak point in offroadin. although i am courentley installing a 3" lift and bigger tires, i will still continue to go out there and get stuck,keep up with others, and have a ball but the truck is to prity, works to good and has too many electronics on it foe what you want to do.
I would recomend a jeep with some upgrades for a more practial rig.
skeardsnissan is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara