Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Which car is better? (Pictures of cars listed posted below)
2002 VW GTI 30 16.57%
2002 Acura RSX Type S 28 15.47%
2001 Toyota Celica GT-S 20 11.05%
2002 Honda Civic Si 7 3.87%
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 86 47.51%
2002 Ford SVT Focus 10 5.52%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-30-2001, 01:05 AM   #151
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi
before anyone gets a crazy idea, i dint mean the type s is bad, like it isnt enough, but we need to remember that it cant be compared to the itr, b/c a. there is an rsx type r comin soon, and b. just b/c it has similar hp, it isnt a similar car per se, i.e. itr is a purpose built track car, type s is a really nice sporty mobile from a luxoline company (acura)...
and c. the type s is, in comparison w/ a teg, same/similar with a gsr. that is what i meant. i mean no disrespect to the rsx type s vs. itr debate, b/c the two are close, so that means the new type r rsx better be through the freakin roof compared to the itr... know what i mean?
Old 10-02-2001, 11:24 AM   #152
pharcide
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to pharcide Send a message via AIM to pharcide Send a message via Yahoo to pharcide
omfg, why did you forget the nissan sentra se-R v-spec?! i think that would be the best choice becasue of the torque that it has compare the the acura, plus the interior looks alot nicer
Old 10-05-2001, 05:07 PM   #153
rpgonzalez
AF Newbie

I don't know

AHHHH. My head has been spinning over these same cars (except for the ford OF COURSE) and this is what I came up with during the comparo.

Celica: Whiney Bitch of a car that has to be revved tooo high. I loved it, then fell out of love. CHECK OUT THE HEAD LINER! It is card board. The interior plastic reminds me if a pontiac sunfire I owned

RSX: What the heck is going on with the weight? I think the curb weight is over 3K. Unacceptable! Also, you will hate me for this...but I like the front of the WRX better. The RSX lights look like saggy boobs.

Ford: :finger:

WRX: Looks O.K., good rake and stance. AWD is awesome, turbo kicks hard, not too big for a 4 door. Shifter nice, handling superb.

Civic: Looks like a mini van but has some advantages of the GTI. Least torque of the group, and that's no good. Good all around compromise (when cost factored in) if that's what you are looking for.

GTI: Hatch back for convenience, 6 cylinder for good sound, german handling, smooth and most refined interior, 2002 comes with 6 speed, in dash changer. BUT, man it look plain.

The winner? 2003 Nissan 350Z!!!!
Old 10-05-2001, 05:52 PM   #154
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Re: I don't know

Quote:
Originally posted by rpgonzalez

GTI: Hatch back for convenience, 6 cylinder for good sound, german handling, smooth and most refined interior, 2002 comes with 6 speed, in dash changer. BUT, man it look plain.
you think the interior is better than a RSX type-S?? i've never seen the interior on a GTi but i think the interior on the RSX is sweet
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 10-05-2001, 09:55 PM   #155
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

vw has a pretty nice interior. very easy to deal with. very nice seats. very well placed, and the materials are high qual for the price range..
and the veedubs have that cool indiglo color gauge cluster... cant really go wrong with that... and i like the steering wheel better than an rsx...
i cant get used to the weird gauges starting at the bottom, but i do like them...
Old 10-07-2001, 09:12 PM   #156
F20C
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
AHHHH. My head has been spinning over these same cars (except for the ford OF COURSE) and this is what I came up with during the comparo.

Celica: Whiney Bitch of a car that has to be revved tooo high. I loved it, then fell out of love. CHECK OUT THE HEAD LINER! It is card board. The interior plastic reminds me if a pontiac sunfire I owned

RSX: What the heck is going on with the weight? I think the curb weight is over 3K. Unacceptable! Also, you will hate me for this...but I like the front of the WRX better. The RSX lights look like saggy boobs.

Ford: :finger:

WRX: Looks O.K., good rake and stance. AWD is awesome, turbo kicks hard, not too big for a 4 door. Shifter nice, handling superb.

Civic: Looks like a mini van but has some advantages of the GTI. Least torque of the group, and that's no good. Good all around compromise (when cost factored in) if that's what you are looking for.

Celica GT-S ~ Is a great handler as well.

Rsx-S ~ Curb weight is only 2767 lbs.

Focus SVT ~ Nice but the 2.0L turbocharged Focus in Europe is nicer.

Wrx ~ Cheap quality interior lousy shifter but great value.

Si ~ Not very interesting

Gti ~ 1.8T still better buy over VR6.
Old 10-28-2001, 03:16 PM   #157
2001 AE
AF Enthusiast

Speed is not everything but it is the only thing that concerns me about the vechicles mentioned in this post and the WRX is the king of this crop.
Old 10-28-2001, 06:23 PM   #158
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

f20c...
i dint mean that ford dint build the cars, but they are svt cars, not ford... kinda like buying a saleen... there are a tonna ford parts, but the important ones have saleen stamped on em... know what i mean?
and i would also rather have some shit from europe... like, oh, a puma

i just love the way a focus rally car looks for some reason... i watched the san remo rally again yesterday, and they look so fucking good low on big rims swingin around corners... hmm...

i went for a rather spirited drive after that.... and the goodwood festival of speed...
Old 12-28-2001, 08:53 PM   #159
Euro19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Euro19 Send a message via AIM to Euro19 Send a message via Yahoo to Euro19
Quote:
Originally posted by bassik277
Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My thread came a long way since I first posted it. Now there are over 240 posts and over 5000 views
Waw

why is everybody talking all this stuff about me, why donīt just they let me live?

- Daewoo

The Best SUV itīs korean!

Old 12-29-2001, 11:54 AM   #160
kfadsal
AF Newbie

what happened to half the thread?
Old 01-10-2002, 10:03 PM   #161
Wooram
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Wooram
bassik277 if you still reading this

I currently have the same dilema as you which car to buy.

WRX = fast awd 227 hp 200 something torque how could you not want this car if you got the money go for it other wise
GTI= fast car can out run an rsx-s anyday the old VR6 was a just a little slower then the type R's 14.7 quarter mile time which is the same quarter mile time as the rsx-s and the new vr6's have 20 more hp. Also a reminder VW does hp at the wheels the old 1.8t claim 150 at crank was actually 142 at the wheels
Celica = girls car what can i say gt-s is pretty quick though
Civic si = lots of parts for it a bit slow and not enought torque
focus = just plain ugly i never seen such an ugly car well maybe the toyota echo

My choice would be the GTI 1.8T or VR6 both are good and 10k cheaper then the best choice subaru. with 10k you can get alot of performance mods
Old 01-10-2002, 10:06 PM   #162
Wooram
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Wooram

Quote:
350Z ew 300 Z was much better all i can say is turbo
Old 01-11-2002, 09:09 PM   #163
Euro19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Euro19 Send a message via AIM to Euro19 Send a message via Yahoo to Euro19
Thumbs up

The Focus RS is the choice.
But the WRX I think doesnīt belongs to this comparo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg focus rs (wallpaper).jpg (68.5 KB, 203 views)

why is everybody talking all this stuff about me, why donīt just they let me live?

- Daewoo

The Best SUV itīs korean!

Old 01-12-2002, 02:09 AM   #164
p_r_i_m_e_r_a
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to p_r_i_m_e_r_a
Well, you can't beat a finely tuned AWD car , so the WRX is my first choice.
I have to give the Ford props for providing a kick ass Focus.

But I have to suggest the 91 and up Sentra SE-R as the winner
This car is the ultimate pocket rocket. Besides having a 15 second car off the showroom floor, you have a huge selection of aftermarket parts and Nissan OEM parts(SR20DET). I've heard of one person running 9's on a street turbo in a SE-R ..........not bad for less than 3 grand to aquire the car.
Old 01-12-2002, 02:02 PM   #165
Bean Bandit
AF Enthusiast

I voted the Impreza - here in Switzerland we call it 'a farmers Porsche':bandit:
Fun is not a straight line. AFs member #299, loyal european support since 02/2001.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons