Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: WRX or RSX type S ???
WRX 46 44.23%
RSX type S 58 55.77%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 07:38 PM   #91
wrxtasy
AF Newbie

drive it and you will look no further, wrx is where its at!
Old 01-03-2003, 02:13 AM   #92
mugenrsx
AF Newbie

WRX and RSX

I'm getting ready to buy a car and i have it down to either the rsx or the wrx. I thought i'd check this forum for good factors or opinions but it seems as though you guys don't know enough about these cars. let me see if i can help and at the same time help myself. The rsx is sportier, looks better, and has better quality to it, but in my opinion it has a lack of after market support and is not as hard core as previous GSR's. And i'm not waiting 2 years for a type R to reach the states. The type S does the 1/4 in 14.7 and 0-60 in 6.1.

The WRX is an all wheel drive small turbo'd car. It does the 1/4 in 14.2 all day long and 0-60 in 5.4-5.7. Its all wheels drive!! its good off the line and its faster in every aspect. As for making the WRX faster there is no argument. First too many ppl use nitrous and its gay. get your hands dirty and build a motor the right way. I've done a shit load of research on both cars and the wrx has a lot more after market support. There are many different kits out there for the rex. some stage kits get the wheel horsepower to 500. So lets look at this from a realistic point of view. 4k into wrx=500whp and 11.8 and under in the 1/4. theres no argument, look in sport compact magazine they mod a wrx up in every month pretty much.

as a conclusion and back to the rsx, its slower and as of today lacks aftermarket support. i can't find vtec cams for it, nor cam gears, or even decent headers. in order to mod an rsx up you have to mix parts and thats bootleg. i don't want DC headers and apexi catback exhaust, only rice boys mix and match. i can't even find pistons, or not even one short shifter. plus they say its quiet and you can't really hear vtec kick in. to be honest what the fuck is good about this car? when is the support coming? So i guess its plain and simple wrx is a lot easier to mod and make faster or you can sit in your nice rsx interior waiting and hoping honda comes out with parts for it as a wrx punks you out! by the way they don't even make a LSD for the rsx yet so its open differential off the line against the wrx. sorry to all the rsx owners but don't race for money. lol

p.s. I have a 2000 Z24 heavily moded for sale. e mail me at fastestZ@aol.com
Old 01-03-2003, 10:42 PM   #93
wrxtasy
AF Newbie

this will tell the truth
Old 02-23-2003, 06:59 PM   #94
KrNxRaCer00
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KrNxRaCer00 Send a message via Yahoo to KrNxRaCer00
uh...only rice boys mix an match parts? so er...the guys on the NHRA are ricers? a lot of companies don't make a full intake header exhaust set-up. tanabe is a great brand, but they only make exhaust an suspension parts. i've yet to see an Apex-i intake, or an AEM exhaust. u can't say that jus because people mix a few different parts that they are rice. unless ur going all DC Sports for ur simple I/H/E set-up then ur gonna be hard pressed to find a good name company who makes all 3 parts.

i do agree w/ u about the WRX being a better car, but the WRX isn't supposed to go fast in a straight line. no matter wut ppl tell me, it is meant to be off the road, an on the dirt. the rsx is a N/A car, so u can't really compare the motors. i guess its once again a comparison of apples an oranges.

99 Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
2000 Acura Integra Type R (sold)
1994 Acura Integra GSR (retired/sold)
Old 02-23-2003, 11:43 PM   #95
suckmdk69
AF Newbie

350Z :smoker2:
Old 02-24-2003, 03:59 PM   #96
maceez13
AF Regular

mugen RSx obviously you are looking in the wronge places... there are 2 or 3 company's that make a short shifter for the RSX, and spoon makes some good headers. As for the other stuff i havent really looked for it but im sure its out there.. u just not looking good enough
Old 03-19-2003, 03:03 PM   #97
blursx
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to blursx
Quote:
Originally posted by border_project
oh yah forgot
if i were to chose one. i would definetely go for the wrx. seat 4 people in comfort without tilting the seat (god i hate tilting the seat to put passengers in the rear, screws up my seating position)
if it was for style i would go for the rsx, i like engines that screams at 8000rpm. other than that, too small and i like the awd
I just make them get out on the passenger's side... Everyone knows my seat never moves!!!!

To the starter of the thread:
Funny thing was I wanted a Subaru 2.5 RS (the two door) but they stopped making the 2 door... I really wanted a sporty look. I was really thinking of getting the WRX, but once I saw the RSX, and took it for a test drive I knew that it was the car for me..

That's what you should do.. Take both of them for a drive and see what you feel comfortable in. What you look the best in.. Cuz looks are important when it comes to cars.....(but so is performance) I rather spend money on stuff for the rsx then the wrx... I see too many old people driving around in them, it's a total turn-off cuz they're not using the car for what is was made for.... Plus it's a four door... Four doors aren't sporty.... Unless you have kids get an RSX. But that's just my opinion.:smoker:
GReddy Evo Exhaust System
Konig 18 x 7.5 Blatant in Opal
~~Next MODS~~
Rubber!!! Kumho Ecsta Supras (225/40/18)
Springs –> Progress

Old 03-20-2003, 05:17 AM   #98
antidote11
AF Newbie

I have test driven both the RSX and the WRX like 5 times each.
They are both great cars for thier own reasons. The WRX has more power, is quicker, has factory turbo (easily upgraded) and the most important part - it's AWD. I didn't fall in love with the WRX or it's looks, trust me, but it's the AWD and factory turbo I'm after.

Now I am looking at the EVO. AWD, turbo, and just plain fast.
And I think they look better than the WRX. But who knows, maybe I'll say funk it and get the STI when it comes out. The WRX STI is supposed to be one serious ass kicker !! I have some time left on my lease, so we'll see what else comes out in a year or two. And a lot of these car companies are catching on and making plans for thier AWD cars. Before too long, all descent cars will be AWD.
Old 03-31-2003, 10:05 AM   #99
newrsx
AF Newbie

Wink get this....

u goin for speed....WRX
Going for looks......RSX

If you want both looks and speed....Get a rsx-s...add lambo doors...exhaust...body kit....
n if u want to beat a wrx-sti in a race
add...no2, turbo, short shifter, carbon fiber hood, etc....
then u'll have the ultimate car.........!!!!
Old 03-31-2003, 05:53 PM   #100
1SlowAccord
AF Regular

I dont know who told you that you can't hear it when the v-tec engages in the RSX, because you definitely can. It's REALLY obvious. Well after you put on the intake that is. Second why would you call someone rice if they mix different companies parts? Like someone else pointed out there are a lot of companies that don't make EVERYTHING for your car. And a lot of times if you do mix and match you are going to end up with more power in the end. The market isn't as big for the RSX because it hasn't been out very long. I personally have never been in a wrx, but i know its a great car. I just dont think some people are giving the rsx as much credit as it deserves. I ride in my roomates all the time, and i think its an awesome car, and pulls pretty damn hard in the upper rpms. I dont think you are going to be dissapointed with either car.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:22 PM   #101
Spanky
AF Newbie

I would go with the RSX Type S. Looks awesome. Faster than you think, especially from 6000rpm on up.

2004 Upgrade for WRX headlights makes it better looking than the previous two years models though. But that Acura interior still wins me over. Its just tight, especially at night time.
Old 04-09-2003, 08:57 PM   #102
KrNxRaCer00
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KrNxRaCer00 Send a message via Yahoo to KrNxRaCer00
well...i say we compare top of the line of each...then its no match, the wrx sti is in a whole different class then even the rsx type r.

99 Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
2000 Acura Integra Type R (sold)
1994 Acura Integra GSR (retired/sold)
Old 04-16-2003, 01:02 AM   #103
jwad1584
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jwad1584
yeah the WRX's speed is overrated...

last weekend I was next to a 2002 WRX and at 5MPH we both gunned it and as i was getting out of first and gunning it into second i had to swerve around a Grand Prix and when i came around it I was a 1/2 Car Length in front of the WRX and he said he never let of the gas!!! This surprise you??... well it sure Surprised the hell out of me... it was like the scene in fast and the furious with the ferrari and the supra with the supra going around the car and kicking the ferrari's ass... who knows who i will beat next with mods soon to be added....
Old 04-17-2003, 08:27 AM   #104
MaximusGTR
AF Fanatic

That AWD is what would sell me, even with the more weight..
Old 04-17-2003, 08:28 AM   #105
MaximusGTR
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by jwad1584
yeah the WRX's speed is overrated...

last weekend I was next to a 2002 WRX and at 5MPH we both gunned it and as i was getting out of first and gunning it into second i had to swerve around a Grand Prix and when i came around it I was a 1/2 Car Length in front of the WRX and he said he never let of the gas!!! This surprise you??... well it sure Surprised the hell out of me... it was like the scene in fast and the furious with the ferrari and the supra with the supra going around the car and kicking the ferrari's ass... who knows who i will beat next with mods soon to be added....
Oh yea, at rolling speeds, you'd definately be close or you'd win depending on your mods

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons