Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: What we drive in Europe. Wich one would you pick?
Citroen Xsara 3 8.57%
Ford Focus 3 8.57%
Opel Astra 3 8.57%
Peugeot 307 9 25.71%
Renault Mégane 3 8.57%
Seat Leon 2 5.71%
VW Golf 12 34.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 02:12 AM   #121
Ssom
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ssom Send a message via AIM to Ssom
Quote:
Originally posted by Stefanel1
Another solution if you don't want to get a fine : shot the radars (an English did it) : http://actualite.free.fr/actu.pl?doc...RAS-SNIPER.XML

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!:silly2: :grey: :silly2: :silly2: :silly2: :silly2:
Old 11-12-2002, 06:41 AM   #122
crayzayjay
CFA

Ive considered doing it many a time! :rocket:

funny article....
Old 11-12-2002, 07:14 AM   #123
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

we have to make a club ! the ARCOW : Anti Radars Club Of the World. Nice isn't it ?
So we need guns, guns, and... guns
Mmmh, seriously, sometimes, it's necessarely, but they want to put radars on the périphérique (ring) around Paris (do you know it ?). It's limited at 80 (50mph) and every body goes at 70 and more. What are we going to become ???!
But in London it's worse, you're almost forbiden to drive now !

Citroën C6 - Alfa Romeo 159
Old 11-12-2002, 07:22 AM   #124
crayzayjay
CFA

yes, london is very bad. Britain in general is very anti-motorist.. the government is, anyway...

we will have to pay £5 to get into the centre of town from Feb 2003... £5 a day starts to add up very quickly!!

speed cameras are popping up everywhere... they say its to warn you of accident black spots , i.e. dangerous roads, but how does it make sense if they hide the camera behind a tree or a traffic sign!! Answer: it doesnt!

some of the speed limits are infuriating... on the way to the airport the speed limit is something like 40mph, completely ridiculous, and now they are putting bus lanes (where cars arent allowed to drive) on the motorway to further reduce the lanes and increase traffic for the motorist..

to top it all off, all road works are being done right now, and traffic lights stay red for longer, so when the £5 scheme is introduced, lights go back to normal, road works stop, and the scheme looks like a success...

if this isnt enough to enduce road rage, i dont know what is...

yes i do, cops hiding with radar guns trying to catch you out... or cops in unmarked cars following you if youre slightly over the speed limit, then sticking to your rear bumper so you accelerate more and then stopping you at the higher speed.... isnt that entrapment!?!?!

sometimes i hate driving in london... late at night though, its a dream
Old 11-12-2002, 07:39 AM   #125
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

In France too the government is going to become anti motorist. It's not so bad as in the United Kingdom (you're not lucky !) but it's not funny at all. In Paris where I love to drive, there are more and more traffic jam (I hate !) because of the bigger busses lanes.
But this politic is "in trouble" because of our famous "Latin" behaviour ! But if you are caught by the cops, you can have a big fine if you don't know other cops who can cancel your fine !!

And we're sometimes "dreaming" : a politic who instored a severe law against "big speed overpass" were drinving at an average speed of 105mph on the highway between Paris and Lyon... It's not too much, but you drive at 85mph on the highway when you write a so stupid law !
But it was not this minister, it was his chauffeur ! mmhhh... they take us for stupid people (and we are sometimes) !

Old 11-12-2002, 07:49 AM   #126
crayzayjay
CFA

I f***ing hate buses!! they drive like a**holes and actually pollute as much as 100 cars (a survey found this last year), can you believe it! and the gvt says its for a cleaner london... pah!

at least if you are caught, the fine CAN be cancelled by a cop you know... here this is 100% impossible...

as for the politician who did 105mph in an 85, hes an idiot if he made the rule himself... here everyone drives 100mph on the M1 motorway, i do it and its completely safe.. the limit is supposed to be 70 and is completely ridiculous... even (most) cops drive 80 at least.... last time i was on it i was very unlucky: long trip and i got stuck behind a police driver driving 75 the entire way... no one overtook him cos they didnt want a ticket! me included
Old 11-12-2002, 08:10 AM   #127
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

This politician was communist (they were 2), heum. Yes there are still ! But he's not at the government any more.

On the highway in France, you can drive untill 100 mph (160kmh) and you won't get a fine. But if you drive faster (as this politician who drove untill 130mph), you can have troubles.

These spid limits are stupid on the highways. Germany is the best to this point of view. They put speed limits when it's really dangerous. Hope European countries will do the same !

Old 11-12-2002, 01:51 PM   #128
crayzayjay
CFA

wow... 100mph limits.. thats pretty nice... like i said here it's 70... i thin 100 is a good limit, its fast but not insanely dangerously fast so its appropriate to most motorways

i cant believe there are still communists running around!
what was the name of the guy running for president? Le Pen? that guy was crazy
Old 11-19-2002, 03:19 PM   #129
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

There are still communists (not many !) : there was only two in the previous government. They are on the left of the left, they're not really communist.
But, there are some "real" : the famous Arlette laguiller... travailleurs, travailleuses... she thinks we're still living in the XIXth century

Le Pen arrived in the 2d turn. This is not so surprising. Indeed, they did about 17% (as every time) but this time, Jospin ("labour party") has been affected by many left lists (about 10 !).
But on the second round, Jacques Chirac won with 82% !!!! Saddam did better

Old 11-19-2002, 03:29 PM   #130
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Back on topic...................To give you my honest opinion after driving all these viechles...........The FIAT Stilo is superior to the lot Mainly in Arabath form, but the 1.8 Manual is quite a good car

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Old 11-19-2002, 04:02 PM   #131
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

Where do you work ?? by Fiat ?!!
The Stilo is a good car, but I do prefer the 307 or the Alfa 147, maybe the most beautiful current compact car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a-147 gta.jpg (20.6 KB, 22 views)

Old 11-20-2002, 02:20 PM   #132
crayzayjay
CFA

Stilo the best?!?! No way! Not even the Abarth version! And look at the picture under my name!! In the case of the Stilo, the Abarth tag is exactly that, a tag. Because its stuck onto a very ordinary car. And that makes me furious! The Focus is better to drive, as is the Alfa. It only beats, lets see, maybe two out of the listed cars.
Old 11-20-2002, 05:35 PM   #133
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

I don't like the Focus. But that's true that the handling is not bad (exceptionnal and new for a Ford !)

Old 11-23-2002, 08:40 AM   #134
crayzayjay
CFA

I must admit I did think the handling was very good on a Focus i drove... just dont tell anyone i drove one! Or the Ka i drove as well.... ssssshhhhhhhhhh.......
Old 11-24-2002, 09:02 AM   #135
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

You drove a Ka ????????!!!! HOUUUUUUUUUU !

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons