Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Altima SE V-6 or Impreza WRX?
Nissan Altima SE V-6 23 31.94%
Subaru Impreza WRX 49 68.06%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-16-2002, 08:15 PM   #31
TatII
AF Fanatic

well the difference between a altima SE ad the S or the SL is hugh. the difference in the their aceleration time is off by like 2 seconds. nooo joke. sooo if a S or a SL put up a good fight with your friends scoob, then the SE would've definitly won. anyways for me, the altima, i love nissans.
TatII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 08:31 PM   #32
Gonthrax
Skyline Guy

Send a message via AIM to Gonthrax
Quote:
Originally posted by AEstud
All I want to know is how anyone can favour the Altima over the WRX.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not tryin to bash the Rexys but look at it this way.
You have alot more options open to you as far as mods go if you are working with an Altima. Adding turbo and all the intake and exhaust systems that go with it, also the fuel delivery for the turbo. And while your doing this, you have a good, strong drivetrain with a solid engine to work with. Now I haven't seen for myself, but from what I have read, the scoob's drivetrain is found somewhat lacking in the strength dept. Also, with such a light car, you can only generate so much traction on launches, so once you get up there in the HP range its going to get very dangerious to drive.
Member of AF's Slide Squad (Member #04)

Quote:
Originally posted by taranaki
Postcounts - Phoey....it's not how often you speak,it's whether you actually say anything that matters.

Neishlin Motors
Soon to be my best friend
Gonthrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 12:33 AM   #33
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
they are 2 different classes in a way.....all wheel drive vs front wheel drive....in the long run a altima can be made faster drag but the wrx is going to stiff it in handling
Old 01-17-2002, 12:53 AM   #34
TatII
AF Fanatic

well the atlima's handling is nothing to sneeze at either considerin that its got the same mulitlink suspension in the rear as the skyline GT-R. it handles good for its size and it can pull up some really fast lap times. the spring rate is a perfect balance between comfort and performance. it understeers alittle due to its slighty soft nature, but you can adjust to it to pull up some very respectable lap times.
Old 01-17-2002, 09:15 AM   #35
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Do you get more juice out of a Altima with each mod or out of a WRX

for example, intake adds 3hp and on wrx it adds 1hp...or does the does wrx get more of the gain?
Old 01-17-2002, 09:51 AM   #36
wrxfl
AF Newbie

jbl85 where did you get this stat from an intake on the wrx adds a hell of a lot more than 1 hp try more like 10 anyways like u said the scooby would outhandle it anyday. wrx all day everyday.
wrxfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 01:43 PM   #37
Gonthrax
Skyline Guy

Well, it finaly happened... My friend broke his Diff. He had just gotten a new exhaust, intake, front mount IC, cold air box, aftermarket waistgate for a little more boost, and BOV. He was driving around getting somthing to eat, he double clutched from 3rd to 1st and CRUNCH!! Yet another reason to go Nissan, were the realiability is

Quote:
Postcounts - Phoey....it's not how often you speak,it's whether you actually say anything that matters.

Neishlin Motors
Old 01-17-2002, 03:19 PM   #38
JBL85
AF Fanatic

intake doesnt add 10hp buddy....maybe if you have a skyline....but a little nsisan motor or a little wrx engine.....10 is like with exhaust and headers....
Old 01-17-2002, 06:23 PM   #39
TatII
AF Fanatic

i wouldn't exactly call the altima's engine small. its 3.5 liters. thats pretty damn big for a japanese motor. the skylines motor is only 2.6 liters. plus i've read in the sentra forums here that they were testin out a new exhaust and it got a 17hp gain out of that 2.5 liter engine. imagine how much bigger the gain would be if it was on a 3.5 liter.
Old 01-18-2002, 03:15 AM   #40
Gonthrax
Skyline Guy

Whats the Altima's engine code? QR35DE?
*Edit*
No those are in Sentra's right? KA35DE?

Quote:

Neishlin Motors
Old 01-18-2002, 09:16 AM   #41
JBL85
AF Fanatic

nissans v6 engine is a big japanese engine but compared to american engines its small.....most american 6's are 3.8 or 4 Liters....but 17hp is a huge gain on a 4 banger

My friends wtih gsr's all say their exhaust added sooo much power, i get in the car and its not that fast....so I was just wondering what hte gain difference was on those to cars (altima wrx)
Old 01-18-2002, 11:43 AM   #42
F20C
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by JBL85
intake doesnt add 10hp buddy....maybe if you have a skyline....but a little nsisan motor or a little wrx engine.....10 is like with exhaust and headers....
You might want to re-define the term little nissan motor? VQ35 is consider big in automotive standards. WTO standard is set at 3500cc as well. LS1 and other american big displacement blocks are consider huge.

You need a lesson in engines again. You are forgetting one major aspect. RB26DET has Turbo which means it will respond to mods a lot better than say a N/A engine of the same size. Same thing applies to WRX engine. There is also various aspects to it such how much was the engine tune from the factory etc.

Also intake mods on LS1 will get you 15-20 hp easy. 30-40 if you include port and polished.
F20C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 02:12 PM   #43
Gonthrax
Skyline Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by F20C

You might want to re-define the term little nissan motor? VQ35 is consider big in automotive standards. WTO standard is set at 3500cc as well. LS1 and other american big displacement blocks are consider huge.

Yup, nissan doesn't usualy make large moters. Look at the Skyline lineup, the GTs's are RB20DET, and the GTRs are RB26DETT (thats with 279hp stock, that power figure is according to Nissan, many GTR owners would place it a little higher). The sentra SE-R uses the QR20DE, those are all "Small" compared to the displacement monsters we have here but to me (and most japanese) thats the norm, we are the crazy ones.
"Silly American need big moter, Japanese only use small one, but use it well!"

Quote:

Neishlin Motors
Old 01-18-2002, 04:41 PM   #44
F20C
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Gonthrax

Yup, nissan doesn't usualy make large moters. Look at the Skyline lineup, the GTs's are RB20DET, and the GTRs are RB26DETT (thats with 279hp stock, that power figure is according to Nissan, many GTR owners would place it a little higher). The sentra SE-R uses the QR20DE, those are all "Small" compared to the displacement monsters we have here but to me (and most japanese) thats the norm, we are the crazy ones.
"Silly American need big moter, Japanese only use small one, but use it well!"
The gentleman agreement is set at 280 ps. Skyline makes far more power than that. More like 280 hp at the wheel. How else do you expect Skyline GT-R to accomplished 4.9 if it weights 400 lbs more than Evo 7 which is also rated at 280 ps.
F20C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 05:17 PM   #45
TatII
AF Fanatic

also like i mentioned earlier, that altima will respond to mods really well becuse of its big size. you put a exhaust i can pretty safely say that i will gain 10hp at the wheels.