Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 05:38 PM   #76
-cy-
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to -cy-
Oh ya, i forgot this was in comparisons hehe. But my anger is more toward those arguements that spur up everyother topic in normal car discussions, about DOMESTIC VS. IMPORT....But anyways, i guess that is my $.02 on which is better. Argue on my good fellows, hehe.
Old 01-27-2002, 08:49 PM   #77
F20C
AF Enthusiast

Debate is fine but unknowledgeable points brought up by people is not fine.
Old 01-29-2002, 02:29 PM   #78
mastachi
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mastachi
i think you can give credit to both domestic and import. it doesnt matter, as long as you have a car thats fast as shit and pleases you.
what do you when a blonde throws a pin at you? ... run like hell 'cause she has a grenade in her mouth...what do you do when a blonde throws a grenade at you? ... pull the pin out and throw it back at her...
Old 01-29-2002, 09:06 PM   #79
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
your GST pleases you....hehe, jk, but my Max suprised the guy when I beat him in it =). He thought I had NOS
Old 01-30-2002, 05:10 AM   #80
GTStang
Stang Guy

Send a message via AIM to GTStang
I think the whole problem comes from not realizing what your cars really are. No matter what import you buy short of a VR-4, NSX, RX7, Supra etc.., you have bought an economical, sensible car, granted some have sportier intentions like Type R Integra. But don't think just cuz your econo car has got a lil extra zip your gonna be running with Camaro SS's and Mustang GT's cause it's not gonna happen. These cars are created and marketed for something totally different than you Civic or Integra. This doesn't mean that there is something wrong with your car there just different cars.
I never would claim my slightly modified stang would beat a Z06, that's just ignorant and disrespectful to Corvette owners and i would look like a liar. Next time you go spouting off about how your car would waste a Stang, Camaro stop yourself and think this... "Right now i sound like an annoying liar... Oh wait that's cuz I'am" Then when you begin to speak agian tell the truth and be respectful. If you have heavily modified your import that's cool too and talk shit if you think you can really back it up. But also remember you had to mod your car to beat that V-8. What if he modded his car?
Old 01-30-2002, 10:31 AM   #81
mastachi
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mastachi
GTSTANG, i agree with that whole-heartedly..very well said. oh yea. JBL 85, Max's are awesome..0-60 in 6.8-.9 is not bad at all. with mods there even better, i was VERY close to getting a 97 max.
what do you when a blonde throws a pin at you? ... run like hell 'cause she has a grenade in her mouth...what do you do when a blonde throws a grenade at you? ... pull the pin out and throw it back at her...
Old 01-30-2002, 12:20 PM   #82
TatII
AF Fanatic

GTSTANG see thats not always the case. cuase the newer nissan cars are designed to be performance comes first kinda cars. cuse the new 02 maxima's and altima's are about the same speed as a mustang gt. then then again, those are either nissan's flag ship cars, or near flag ship cars.
Old 01-30-2002, 04:39 PM   #83
JBL85
AF Fanatic

mastachi, its the auto, its 7.7, but its decent.

And to gtstang.....uhh riight thats why civics can smoke an 87 GT stang with a built motor and a turbo kit.....duh comparing non stock vs a stock car....your right look at the car its a civic.

and TatII is very right, the new nissan is japanese and its 1/4 is 14.2, and what is the american pos GT stang do it in, 14.0 with 1.1 more displacement. There is replacment for displacement, its called engineering =)
Old 01-31-2002, 02:29 AM   #84
GTStang
Stang Guy

Send a message via AIM to GTStang
Quote:
Originally posted by JBL85
mastachi, its the auto, its 7.7, but its decent.

And to gtstang.....uhh riight thats why civics can smoke an 87 GT stang with a built motor and a turbo kit.....duh comparing non stock vs a stock car....your right look at the car its a civic.

and TatII is very right, the new nissan is japanese and its 1/4 is 14.2, and what is the american pos GT stang do it in, 14.0 with 1.1 more displacement. There is replacment for displacement, its called engineering =)
I dunno what the first part is suppose to mean? As for the second

2002 Maxima SE 255hp 245 torque 3.5L
2002 Mustang GT 260hp 302 torque 4.6L
2002 Camaro SS 320hp 343 torque 5.7L

See those torque numbers... Torque is what makes your car accelerate
WOW!!!! Look at that the one with the most Displacement has the most torque hmmmm "THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT!!!!!"
But hey cheer up.... You got engineering!!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2002, 04:04 AM   #85
p_r_i_m_e_r_a
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to p_r_i_m_e_r_a
Let me start off by saying Civics do kick ass, just not as much as the Honda owners out thier claim.
I'm sorry for the rude comment but i've just met too many ignorant Honda owners to believe otherwise.

Honda just needs to build an enigine that isn't prone to detonation in stock form under extreme conditions(Boost/Nitrous/Supercharging).
Quote:
Originally posted by GTStang
"THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT!!!!!"
Yea there is, its called a Turbo....a word not used in conjunction with Mustang very often.

Your right domestic V8's kick ass, but not in every category they should.
All those sensible cars like (900WHP Supra's) kick ass in many different categories.

Another economical car of its time was the 91 Nissan Sentra SE-R, a car that you can purchace right now for less than 3 grand.
In stock trim this car will run low 15's all day long. Why talk about this car?
Compared to the base model V8 Stang of the early 90's, it's stats look very good.

Nissan will be releasing the Skyline lineup in America very soon.
The R34 will either have one of the following powerplants:
Twin Turbo 6 cylinder
Or some form of Nissans V8 powerplant

Either way the car will be felt from East to West. But for the sake of Imoprts vs. Domestics lets just hope it comes with the V8.

Sorry for the long post, to make up for it here you go:
CIVICS ROCK:toothless
Old 01-31-2002, 02:51 PM   #86
JBL85
AF Fanatic

PRIMERA, let me rub it in this RUSTANG boys face with engineering TIPS.....look at a BMW m3 and look at its DISPLACEMENT, its all of about what, 3.2 Liters, and the Honduh 2k (which I dont like, but to prove my point its still an import) the BMW can do a 1/4 in 13 seconds.....i think that is smoking a Camari Shit Shit by about .7 seconds.............DUHHHHHH think twice, there is to many arguments to make when comparing American Muscle and the Intelligence of Foreign people and their cars......and then the s2k on top of it EATS MUSTANGS and runs with camaro's with a 2 LITER engine 2 LITER engine 2 LITER engine 2 LITER engine 2 LITER engine 2 LITER engine, YEAH ONLY 2 LITER engine............So imagine if those smart lil asian guys tried, they would tear up an american car.
Old 01-31-2002, 02:54 PM   #87
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Oh yeah I like American cars, but not their engineering, wait I mean what engineering.

The funny thing is, Imports dont need v8's to race with American cars, they use 4 cylinders and 6 cylinders and they TEAR up American cars.....especially when we dont go NA....Skyline.....that just eats american cars up for fun
Old 01-31-2002, 07:18 PM   #88
F20C
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by p_r_i_m_e_r_a
Let me start off by saying Civics do kick ass, just not as much as the Honda owners out thier claim.
I'm sorry for the rude comment but i've just met too many ignorant Honda owners to believe otherwise.

Honda just needs to build an enigine that isn't prone to detonation in stock form under extreme conditions(Boost/Nitrous/Supercharging).

Yea there is, its called a Turbo....a word not used in conjunction with Mustang very often.

Your right domestic V8's kick ass, but not in every category they should.
All those sensible cars like (900WHP Supra's) kick ass in many different categories.

Nissan will be releasing the Skyline lineup in America very soon.
The R34 will either have one of the following powerplants:
Twin Turbo 6 cylinder
Or some form of Nissans V8 powerplant

Either way the car will be felt from East to West. But for the sake of Imoprts vs. Domestics lets just hope it comes with the V8.
Honda engine is reliable under stock form. What you said is using the engine in an environment in which it wasn't built for. You need to understand how car works. Honda engines are built to rev which treats engine weight as enemy. The lighter the engine the higher it revs the more power it produce at high rpms. Whereas Turbo requires a engine block that's build to withstand boost.

You see all the benefits of Turbo on small displacement cars. However do you have any slight idea what Turbo does on LS1 and all those pushrod american displacement? Turbo an small displacement can produce a lot of power but only in a very small powerband which makes it very undriveable. Which is very different from say TT Z06.

Nissan is releasing Skyline but it hasn't said a word about GT-R. Also it is going to be known as Infiniti G35 not Skyline. Nissan is leaning towards using the R39 le man street version engine. They want to keep Fairlady Z and Skyline on different class level. Especially with TT Fairlady Z coming out.
Old 01-31-2002, 07:25 PM   #89
F20C
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by JBL85
PRIMERA, let me rub it in this RUSTANG boys face with engineering TIPS.....look at a BMW m3 and look at its DISPLACEMENT, its all of about what, 3.2 Liters, and the Honduh 2k (which I dont like, but to prove my point its still an import) the BMW can do a 1/4 in 13 seconds.....i think that is smoking a Camari Shit Shit by about .7 seconds.............DUHHHHHH think twice, there is to many arguments to make when comparing American Muscle and the Intelligence of Foreign people and their cars......and then the s2k on top of it EATS MUSTANGS and runs with camaro's with a 2 LITER engine 2 LITER engine 2 LITER engine 2 LITER engine 2 LITER engine 2 LITER engine, YEAH ONLY 2 LITER engine............So imagine if those smart lil asian guys tried, they would tear up an american car.
Buddy you have no idea what you are talking about. The engineering within M3 and S2000 is awesome but never ever compare drag with American Muscle. American pushrod can accomplished what M3 can do in a straightline for half the money. Stop making post that make you look extremely dumb in public.
Old 01-31-2002, 09:14 PM   #90
TatII
AF Fanatic

sorry to say jbl85, but modern engineering can't compare to the torque that those hugh engines put out. turbo can add horsepower but no matter what, it wno't kick in until around 3000 rpm, where as in the american big blocks, the power comes instantly.