Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-19-2001, 09:24 PM   #31
CivSiGuy
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CivSiGuy
Quote:
Originally posted by delsolguy
Hondas are slow. Yes even the S2K and NSX (unless it happens to be equipped with some GruppeM parts).

Domestic V8s are fast. Bottom line. You can't argue with RWD and displacement.

If you are about straight line, stop light to stop light, punch-it-at-65-on-the-highway kinda racing, a Honda is not for you. Granted, there are a few fast street Hondas out there, but they're few and far between.
THANK YOU MAN!!!! You beat me to it, but it seems like you have taken my V8 feelings to heart.

I may moderate the civic forum, and I may drive a civic, but I know deep down that I'd rather have a TransAm or Mustang just because they are cheap to buy for the power, and get mass gains from mods instead of a little fart of 5hp.

Until you have your B16, B18, D16, whatever turbo'd at near 20psi and NOS shot, you will fail to impress 95% of people on the road. Bottom line, Honda's are not for racing. They are like the training wheels on a bicycle, they only lead the way to bigger and better things.

Sorry if anyone is offended, but just do what I did. Study the numbers, read the sites, and quit stereotyping!
Old 12-19-2001, 10:44 PM   #32
Swonder67
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Swonder67
4 cyl cars are only good for beginners and people with no money. With the exception of a few 4 bangers, like those 4 cyl Supras, that is all they are worth. When I got my civic, I was a beginner with no money. And I went through my "rice stage", like most everyone does, then I graduated to my "all performance stage". Now, I'm at my "why keep pouring money into a car that will most likely never go fast stage". Now, all I want is a '76 Tans AM, or a 70 Dodge Challenger with a 440 six pack. But, since I can't afford it, I guess I'll stick with my Honda. Don't get me wrong, I like my car. It's really reliable, and gets amazing gas mileage... and girls think it's cute (but we'll leave that one out)... Right now, I'm just saving up for my Escalade.
Old 12-19-2001, 11:11 PM   #33
AEstud
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to AEstud Send a message via AIM to AEstud
How about a Saleen mustang being beat your lil prelude b16b bomber:bandit:
Old 12-19-2001, 11:55 PM   #34
RevHappy Cowboy®
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Swonder67
Right now, I'm just saving up for my Escalade.
wait for the twin turbo 540bhp Escalade due in 2003!
Old 12-20-2001, 12:23 AM   #35
Euro19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Euro19 Send a message via AIM to Euro19 Send a message via Yahoo to Euro19
Are you mad?? What´s up with you comparing Mustangs & Camaros with Civic econoboxes? Civic with Corollas, Sentras and Jettas please.

why is everybody talking all this stuff about me, why don´t just they let me live?

- Daewoo

The Best SUV it´s korean!

Old 12-20-2001, 12:35 AM   #36
TatII
AF Fanatic

heh i always thought honda's were slow, esp the civic. well thats why if you want to get a REAL 4 cylinder car. you gotta get the 240sx's. causey ou can do a SR20DET swap and that will be the closest to a true JDM car in this damn country. and doin 14 sec quarter miles is not that slow, and since its turbo, upgrades such as boost controllers or a better intercooler would make a pretty big gain. see the only real fast 4 cylinder or any japanese cars in general are cars with turbo. and v-tec simply don't cut it cuse it cuts down the torque to almost nothing and its almost impossible to keep it in full power in v-tech mode unless you drive it like ya stole it and it still will get out of the powerband if your not careful when shifting since its sooo freakin small~!!! and it v-tech kicks in wwaaaay too late. like 5700rpm late.
Old 12-20-2001, 12:38 AM   #37
TatII
AF Fanatic

and usually people tend to compare cars of the same class. not a car thats 2 classes below. if you want to compare "REAL" japanese cars, bring on the Lancer Evo's, the Skyline GT-R's, the Supra TT, the RX-7's, the WRX STi's, and the NSX. see those are the japanese's big boys. and can stand up to american muscle cars, even the almighty Z06. migh tnot beat it but it will give it a run for its money. in fact the GT-R will give it a very good run for tis money.
Old 12-20-2001, 01:12 AM   #38
Euro19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Euro19 Send a message via AIM to Euro19 Send a message via Yahoo to Euro19
Quote:
Originally posted by Darkwing
lilguyk9, that is impressive to look at! What engine is that and what kind of numbers are you running!?
Hey Darkwing, is that a Ferrari F355 behind your car? If not, what is it?

why is everybody talking all this stuff about me, why don´t just they let me live?

- Daewoo

Old 12-20-2001, 01:14 AM   #39
Euro19
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by TatII
and usually people tend to compare cars of the same class. not a car thats 2 classes below. if you want to compare "REAL" japanese cars, bring on the Lancer Evo's, the Skyline GT-R's, the Supra TT, the RX-7's, the WRX STi's, and the NSX. see those are the japanese's big boys. and can stand up to american muscle cars, even the almighty Z06. migh tnot beat it but it will give it a run for its money. in fact the GT-R will give it a very good run for tis money.
Well said.

- Daewoo

Old 12-20-2001, 01:21 AM   #40
Euro19
AF Enthusiast

Re: LILGUYK9....cmon mon

Quote:
Originally posted by VortechCivicSTL

OK...you claim that that is your car...on both this thread and the 'show your car' thread. That is not your car. The engine in the picture is not a B16a, those are not NOS mountings, IT HAS A FUZZY F*CKING STEERING WHEEL FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! [refer to page 4 of other thread]

the person who owns that car does NOT kick out an 'impressive' 152hp...they kick out well over 200 given the work done to the engine; let alone the additional boost coming from the ?alcohol? system in the ?trunk?

either way both the real owner of the car and yourself have made some very bad descisions; he in real life, and you on this board.

if you dont know shit about cars, and/or are 16 and drive your moms DX 10mph over the limit and can barely compose a correct sentence to post....that's fine, we're still down....

but dont set yourself up for this criticism. if you are like me, and dont have a pic of your car scanned...then live with it, and dont post someone else's ride.

ULTRA SELF-RIGHTEOUSLY YOURS,
The Fastcode

:smoker2:

2000Si/Black/Vortech SCS/Volk Wheels/Nitto 555s/ClutchMasters Stage4/Apexi VTEC AFC and Boost controller/Apexi Tach/Skunk2 Susp./PIAA bulbs and fogs [G5]/Altezza REAL carbon fiber-housed tail lights/NOT clear corners/AEM fuel rails/Apexi N1 cat-back/DC headers/DC strut braces/Koni shocks/MOMO steering wheel/Tenzo R race-weighted shifter/1000w Rockford Fosgate system w MP3 head/your momma in the motherf*kin' trunk!

289 hp - 208 ft/lbs - 11.203

BLAH BLAH BLAH!! IM DONE!!
JAJAJAA JAJA
---driving her mom´s Accord DX at 10mph! How funny all that was!

- Daewoo

Old 12-20-2001, 07:15 AM   #41
delsolguy
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to delsolguy
Quote:
Originally posted by TatII
heh i always thought honda's were slow, esp the civic. well thats why if you want to get a REAL 4 cylinder car. you gotta get the 240sx's. causey ou can do a SR20DET swap and that will be the closest to a true JDM car in this damn country. and doin 14 sec quarter miles is not that slow, and since its turbo, upgrades such as boost controllers or a better intercooler would make a pretty big gain. see the only real fast 4 cylinder or any japanese cars in general are cars with turbo. and v-tec simply don't cut it cuse it cuts down the torque to almost nothing and its almost impossible to keep it in full power in v-tech mode unless you drive it like ya stole it and it still will get out of the powerband if your not careful when shifting since its sooo freakin small~!!! and it v-tech kicks in wwaaaay too late. like 5700rpm late.
Couple of things here man.

—It's "VTEC"
—The VTEC doesn't cut down the torque. The size of the engine does.
—VTEC allows for high-rpm power. Hence the 7800+ redline.
—How will swapping in a J-Spec engine make your car "closest to a true JDM car"? I can do that too, y'know.

CivSiGuy: I haven't "seen the light" for domestic V8s yet. However, after my Honda, I want a Supra.

Basic Mods completed. Dreaming of a set of cams...
Old 12-20-2001, 10:12 AM   #42
blacksnake98
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by b16b bomber
That is so true...my friends prelude kills mustang cobras all the time:sun:

Puuulllleeeeaaaassse!!

1991 LX - 8.36 @ 83.13...1.82 60'
Shooting for 8.10's or better w/ stock heads, a shit cam and a factory production intake.

Old 12-20-2001, 11:52 AM   #43
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Quote:
Originally posted by blacksnake98

Puuulllleeeeaaaassse!!
Thats what I was thinking.
Old 12-20-2001, 12:01 PM   #44
spnx
AF Regular

Ditto.

I have no idea how this works.

I think it's something like this:

Civic owner reads of 9 second Civic in Super Street.

Civic owner identifies strongly with fast Civic.

Figures if it looks the same, it is the same, therefore all Civics are fast.

If all Civics are fast, and a Prelude is faster than a Civic, therefore nothing can beat a Prelude.

Or something like that...

I enjoyed being on the receiving end the other day of an explanation of how this guy's unmodified 1.6 litre '89 Civic Si had so much more "top end" than my 2.0 litre cammed out SR20DE.

Must be the Honda Fairy dust in the air...
Old 12-20-2001, 02:00 PM   #45
blacksnake98
AF Enthusiast

Thanks for the backup gentlemen...and spnx, I believe you have hit the nail on the head.

1991 LX - 8.36 @ 83.13...1.82 60'
Shooting for 8.10's or better w/ stock heads, a shit cam and a factory production intake.