Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 12:07 PM   #1
eunichman
AF Newbie

Exclamation replacing sway bar link when.....

Ok, I was given a 2002 nissan frontier base truck with numerous "minor" issues that needed fixing. One of them was that the sway bar link on the passenger side sheared off at the top and needed to be replaced. I bought the new link, got the old link out and went to install the new link when i ran into a problem... the bolt wont go into the bottom hole in the control arm.. it's like maybe 1/4 an inch off center and I cant "wiggle" it to get it in there as the bolt top while still extended hits the upper control arm.

I tried "ahem" prying the sway bar in various directions (but not with a 50' long move anything prybar lol) and still no luck... suggestions on how to get the bolt to go through the bottom control arm bolt hole?

( I have both front tires off and the front elevated)

Last edited by eunichman; 06-14-2017 at 12:35 PM. Reason: addition of photos
eunichman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:56 PM   #2
eunichman
AF Newbie

Re: replacing sway bar link when.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunichman View Post
Ok, I was given a 2002 nissan frontier base truck with numerous "minor" issues that needed fixing. One of them was that the sway bar link on the passenger side sheared off at the top and needed to be replaced. I bought the new link, got the old link out and went to install the new link when i ran into a problem... the bolt wont go into the bottom hole in the control arm.. it's like maybe 1/4 an inch off center and I cant "wiggle" it to get it in there as the bolt top while still extended hits the upper control arm.

I tried "ahem" prying the sway bar in various directions (but not with a 50' long move anything prybar lol) and still no luck... suggestions on how to get the bolt to go through the bottom control arm bolt hole?

( I have both front tires off and the front elevated)

Ok, for anyone having to do this in the future, you have to also remove the sway bar bushing from the frame on the side you are on to get the movement needed to sink the bolt in (replace with new bushing while you are at it)
eunichman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara