Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 03:27 AM   #1
Envy-in-Cages
AF Newbie

Post Frontier 4 Low Gear and engine starting problems

I own a 2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4x4 truck w/3.3L V-6 (125K miles) I used the 4L setting fine last August and tried to use it in Jan. The 4H works well but it will not shift (frozen) into 4L. Any suggestions? Can I fix it?

Also. I had to replace a intake plenum gasket. I had a small water leak. I did, after I replaced the fuel rail and such (I hand cleaned the injectors) I have had a problem with long startups when the vehicle has run once in the day. In the morning I can start it up quickly (within 2 seconds), but after that it is more like 5 seconds or longer even if it has been sitting for eight hours while I am at work. I changed the fuel filter, checked the computer (no codes). I also changed the temp sensor for the H2O. It still is not reacting right. It runs perfectly after starting. I do smell unburned gas upon the long startups. It seems to be running rich at these times. Can one of you experts help me?
Envy-in-Cages is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara