Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Chaser
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 10:58 AM   #1
tenggis
AF Newbie

Chaser vs. Cresta vs. Mark II

What r the differences between these three models, more specificly the jzx-90 Tourer Vs? i'm thinking of buying one and making it a daily driver/weekend drifter. if there r any differences between them which one would make a better drifter? thanks, any comment will be appreciated.
tenggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 08:08 AM   #2
CDUFF7
Banned

Re: Chaser vs. Cresta vs. Mark II

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenggis
What r the differences between these three models, more specificly the jzx-90 Tourer Vs? i'm thinking of buying one and making it a daily driver/weekend drifter. if there r any differences between them which one would make a better drifter? thanks, any comment will be appreciated.
If they are al JZX-90 chassis and all Tourer V's - there should be no differences besides cosmetic ones such as grill, lights, interior - my personal favorite is the Chaser, 2nd Mark II, and 3rd Cresta. Chaser has a sportier appearance in my opinion. Go for a JZX-100 Chaser Torer V if you can - it is one awesome machine - 300 hp stock twin turbo madness.
CDUFF7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 08:33 AM   #3
tenggis
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Chaser vs. Cresta vs. Mark II

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDUFF7
If they are al JZX-90 chassis and all Tourer V's - there should be no differences besides cosmetic ones such as grill, lights, interior - my personal favorite is the Chaser, 2nd Mark II, and 3rd Cresta. Chaser has a sportier appearance in my opinion. Go for a JZX-100 Chaser Torer V if you can - it is one awesome machine - 300 hp stock twin turbo madness.
u said u live in japan right? i'll be going to japan to study at the end of oct. i'm thinking about buying one of them. i still can't decide on which one though. if i buy the jzx-100 chaser tourerV i won't have any money left to modify it. so i'm leaning towards the jzx-90 markII tourerV because i'll have some mney leftto buy some suspension stuff. how much do the jzx-90 and the jzx-100 cost? any help is appretiated.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:45 AM   #4
CDUFF7
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Chaser vs. Cresta vs. Mark II

Quote:
u said u live in japan right? i'll be going to japan to study at the end of oct. i'm thinking about buying one of them. i still can't decide on which one though. if i buy the jzx-100 chaser tourerV i won't have any money left to modify it. so i'm leaning towards the jzx-90 markII tourerV because i'll have some mney leftto buy some suspension stuff. how much do the jzx-90 and the jzx-100 cost? any help is appretiated.
My JZX-100 cost me 8,000 US dollars 2 years ago - it was a good deal for me. Though mine is not a Tourer V it is a Tourer S, same engine just non turbo. You can get a 1996 1997 tourer V for around a million Yen almost 10,000 US Dollars. If I was smarter back then I would have forked over the extra 2 grand for a twin turbo beast :-( If you can't get the JZX-100 due to costs, the JZX-90 Tourer V will run you anywhere from 3,000 to 5,000 US Dollars or about 300,000 Yen to 500,00 Yen.
How will you get it back home? ship? Will your country allow it? I am curious. I know it's almost impossible to bring one to the states, so I will just try to stay in Japan - my next car will be either a Tourer v or an Aristo with a 2JZ-GTE engine.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:33 AM   #5
tenggis
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Chaser vs. Cresta vs. Mark II

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDUFF7
My JZX-100 cost me 8,000 US dollars 2 years ago - it was a good deal for me. Though mine is not a Tourer V it is a Tourer S, same engine just non turbo. You can get a 1996 1997 tourer V for around a million Yen almost 10,000 US Dollars. If I was smarter back then I would have forked over the extra 2 grand for a twin turbo beast :-( If you can't get the JZX-100 due to costs, the JZX-90 Tourer V will run you anywhere from 3,000 to 5,000 US Dollars or about 300,000 Yen to 500,00 Yen.
How will you get it back home? ship? Will your country allow it? I am curious. I know it's almost impossible to bring one to the states, so I will just try to stay in Japan - my next car will be either a Tourer v or an Aristo with a 2JZ-GTE engine.
there r alot of jzx-90s and a few jzx-100s. but so far i saw a couple of tourer Vs, most of them r non-tourer models. it's not that hard to import cars from japan. laws and regulations r not strict. so i can import almost any car i want from japan. i'm planning on staying in japan at least 4 years so when its time to go back i think i'll just sell the car and buy newer model and ship it back home. i got another question: i heard that the cost of the cars initially r not that high but it gets expensive because of biannual inspections and insurance. so how expensive is it to own a car over there? also how much does the inspections and the insurance cost? thnks
Old 10-04-2004, 08:56 AM   #6
CDUFF7
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chaser vs. Cresta vs. Mark II

Quote:
there r alot of jzx-90s and a few jzx-100s. but so far i saw a couple of tourer Vs, most of them r non-tourer models. it's not that hard to import cars from japan. laws and regulations r not strict. so i can import almost any car i want from japan. i'm planning on staying in japan at least 4 years so when its time to go back i think i'll just sell the car and buy newer model and ship it back home. i got another question: i heard that the cost of the cars initially r not that high but it gets expensive because of biannual inspections and insurance. so how expensive is it to own a car over there? also how much does the inspections and the insurance cost? thnks

It is not that bad and if you can afford to come to school here, buy a chaser Tourer V - you can definitely afford the insurance and inspections. Plan on around 35,000 Yen a year for JCI (Japanese compulsory Insurance), 25,000 Yen a year for Liability Insurance, and the inspection - budget around 100,000 Yen (Bi-Annual). If I were you - I would just buy the car you want from the beginning as you will lose money selling and buying again. Even if you had to wait a year or so - just buy the good one from the start - JZX-100 Chaser Tourer V - make sure you check the engine - I have seen some Tourers badged as A "V" when it was not and that was at a used car lot.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Chaser