Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 08:12 AM   #1
wutscherl
AF Newbie

Waste oils

Hi, i'm new here. Presently I work on my Bachelor's Thesis.

The Theme is a comparision regarding Lubricants and waste oils and the buyer's opinions about this stuff.
University students have some special characteristics. One of them is scientific nonsyness that has to be satisfied.
People writing in forums like this one have a bit more expertise than average people regarding that.
If you want, please leave an opinion or fill in the survey linked in the signature. Please do not wonder that the link leads to a German domain. We are very careful with data from others. So the survey is absolutley anonymus. No cookies will be set, no E-Mail-Adresses are asked. No URLs will be logged.

Later on i will leave some interesting figures here.

Best regards from Peine/Germany and: Thank you!

Thorsten

I drive German Average: A 2008 Opel Astra Diesel Station Wagon.
wutscherl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 08:08 AM   #2
jack123123
AF Newbie

Re: Waste oils

Reduce the amount of oil used – 300 billion gallons of oil are used each day worldwide. Our reliance on oil for fuel and manufacturing needs to be reduced. Simple solutions are trying to use public transport or a bicycle rather than drive a car. If everyone makes a small contribution, oil usage can be significantly reduced. Less usage means there is less oil transported over the seas, and therefore less risk of spills.

PREVENTATIVE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE

Last edited by jack123123; 06-15-2016 at 10:33 PM.
jack123123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:31 PM   #3
MikeCStig
AF Regular

Another good idea would be to figure out some uses for used oil. I've read about used oil being processed and used in the production of certain plastics and other types of lubricants, like the type of grease used for bearings and other moving parts in industrial machinery. If there's a way to do this without creating too much waste or pollution, it's definitely worth looking into reusing engine oil instead of just using fresh crude oil for these purposes if it isn't necessary.
"Ok, systems check; the battery is discharging, the oil temperature is very high, the oil pressure is very low, the engine temperature is off the end of the scale, I'm running out of petrol... but the clock is correct!"
-James May, in an old, worn out Lamborghini purchased for less than £10,000.
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:15 PM   #4
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

We use waste oil to heat the shop at work in the winter. Most of the oil is given to us so our energy usage is greatly reduced since the gas heaters don't have to run as hard and the only power used for the waste oil heater is to run the blower.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic