Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > S40
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 08:31 PM   #1
skate6koz
AF Newbie

S40 Vibration

I am having a problem with the 2000 S40 vibrating when accelerating. We have changed all four engine mounts and the driver's side (left) axle. The passenger (right) side axle seems fine. It shakes really bad at higher speeds, like 50mph, but doesn't vibrate when you let off on the gas. The car has 110k miles, but is in very good condition. Has anyone experienced the same issue ?
skate6koz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 02:11 PM   #2
volvopain
AF Newbie

Re: S40 Vibration

Quote:
Originally Posted by skate6koz
I am having a problem with the 2000 S40 vibrating when accelerating. We have changed all four engine mounts and the driver's side (left) axle. The passenger (right) side axle seems fine. It shakes really bad at higher speeds, like 50mph, but doesn't vibrate when you let off on the gas. The car has 110k miles, but is in very good condition. Has anyone experienced the same issue ?
I have the same problem. S-40 with 99,000 miles. vibrates on acceleration especially when warmed up. Runs smoothly when you let off the gas. Also has slight left pull, but gets more severe when accelerating. Motor mounts have also been changed. axles and joints checked by mechanic who says they look good. Has had 3 new alloy wheels and new michelin tires. Any ideas?
volvopain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 08:55 PM   #3
volvopain
AF Newbie

Two days later I have found my S-40 vibration problem. Right axle assembly. found tulip (plunge) joint worn. lot of play in the joint. Replaced entire axle assembly (from volvo parts). runs great.
volvopain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 01:02 PM   #4
hocbj23
AF Regular

Check tranny mount. Have been known to have problems and cause the symptoms cited above. BJ
hocbj23 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > S40