Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Daewoo > Nubira
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 09:32 AM   #1
BuffyAnneLove
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to BuffyAnneLove
Smile Just purchased!!

Hello everyone! I just purchased a 2000 Nubria yesterday, bringing it home tonight, and I would like imput on how everyone feels about theirs! It has 33,000 miles on it. There is a clunking noise (seems to be in the rear) though. Any ideas? Anyways, imput please!
BuffyAnneLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 04:20 AM   #2
AngryOne
AF Newbie

Re: Just purchased!!

You can read my thread and there you know. You've bought the crappiest car ever built. Take that from one who have had numerous cars and are experienced driver/hobby mechanic. Daewoo is the worsth car I've ever owned and the one I have is going to the trash and it's only 8 years old.
AngryOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:13 AM   #3
Gregpaul49
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Gregpaul49
Smile Re: Just purchased!!

I purchased a new 2000 Nubira in May 2000 so I know a little about the good points and bad points of the car. Your clunk may come from something loose in the trunk. There is not a lot of sound insulation on the car. Also a broken muffler hanger or bracket mighlt allow the muffler to hit the underside of the car.
Gregpaul49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 01:16 AM   #4
AngryOne
AF Newbie

Re: Just purchased!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregpaul49
I purchased a new 2000 Nubira in May 2000 so I know a little about the good points and bad points of the car. Your clunk may come from something loose in the trunk. There is not a lot of sound insulation on the car. Also a broken muffler hanger or bracket mighlt allow the muffler to hit the underside of the car.
Well, I've driven cars and motorcycles since I was 14, I've worked with cars and I've worked as truck driver for several years (I'm now 41). So you might say that I know about cars. The electrical equipment is not very good. Sentral locking system and the electric windows are acting when cold and freezing. Maybe it's just the early models, but anyway. The brake pipes are bad, they cant stand moist climate, as we have a lot of. The suspension is poor. It's squeeky and noisy and also gives poor driving abilities in curves. I've also experienced, because of the poor suspensions, that the car have lost it grips on wet roads when driving on curvy roads. Had to replace the powehead gasket after just 122.000km. Never experienced that before, not even the old Ford Taunus I owned years ago and that had the meter on over 200.000km before I sold it. Brakes are weak and have poor performance. could write about more bad things about the car but the list would become to long. But maybe that's why it's a cheap car here in Norway. Found out it's better to buy a more expensive car since after owning a Deawoo a while it gets expensive. I know have a Mazda Premacy 1.8 Exclusive. It came out on top along with Toyota on the European test for being the most reliable car.
AngryOne is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Daewoo > Nubira