Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Express | G Van
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-11-2020, 05:59 AM   #1
jucpuc85
AF Newbie

2018 Chevy Express 3500 Cutaway Fuel Pump

I bought a 2018 Chevy Express 3500 Cutaway brand new. It now has 37000 miles on it and the fuel pump needs replaced. It has been at the dealership for a month now waiting for them to find the part. They actually said they don't think they make the part. Been conversing with General Motors trying to get resolution and they say that they have it at top priority to find part and send to dealership. This box truck is our business, so we have been having to pay $150/day to rent a truck. Does anyone have any ideas as to what we can do? I'm up for any advice at this point
jucpuc85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 06:56 AM   #2
Blue Bowtie
Registered Offender

Re: 2018 Chevy Express 3500 Cutaway Fuel Pump

Presuming this is a powertrain warranty claim, I would check to see if there is a limit on the compensation GM will reimburse you for loss of use of the vehicle. Their warranty may indicate some limits, but I doubt that any small claims court will abide by that limit and would thus award damages based upon actual loss.

If there is no limit, you can just about lease another vehicle and expect to get compensated, and the dealer can then take all the time they like finding a replacement or even building a factory to make a new fuel pump module. I would also expect that the warrranty would be extended for whatever duration it takes them to repair the vehicle.

Welcome to the joys of globalization.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Express | G Van