Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-28-2002, 10:49 PM   #1
duckhead4life
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to duckhead4life
Question honda versus mustang

ok here is my problem. i have a 2000 civic hx(slow i know but keep reading). i bought the hx knowing that it is the slowest civic out there with vtec. because i knew that i was going to put in the b18 from gsr. but the problem is that i have gotten a new job that pays a hell of a lot more than what i was making. so now i can afford a much nicer car like a mustang. i was just wondering should i keep the car that i have now or should i go and trade it in on a mustang gt(or if i wait a little while and save for like another year i can afford the cobra). or should i get some other car that has high horsepower but is better than the mustang. as far as handling, horsepower and torque.
Old 04-28-2002, 10:58 PM   #2
jaxle
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jaxle
just dont get a mustang, fix up a 240sx for fun and then get sum other import sports car.maybe a acura nsx type s. tahts what i wanna do
Old 04-28-2002, 11:03 PM   #3
dreemkill
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to dreemkill Send a message via AIM to dreemkill Send a message via Yahoo to dreemkill
a much nicer car? mustang? nicer? ....right.
and if by nice, you mean "extremely generic sports car"
if you want to buy something else, want nice, look into a subaru WRX, or a twin turbo RX-7. assuming you just want factory power to begin with...otherwise, keep the civic, drop a turboed b16b in it, and be happy roasting mustangs all day long.

if i was to get *ANY* mustang, it'd be a saleen. and it'd take a LOT to convince me not to get a 240sx or something and build the shit outta it.

Originally posted by Prelussion

And then both of you guys w/ you sewing maching powered cars get passed by a moped w/ a 5hp Engine and he goes on to put 5 car lengths on you. Racing an EX vs a DX is like a 10 speed bike vs a golden retriever.

AF Upstate Crew -- Member #1

Current Audio: none. car dead.
Old 04-28-2002, 11:05 PM   #4
igo4bmx
Banned

Send a message via AIM to igo4bmx
it all depends, how much would you want to spend on a new car?
cuz remember, there are plenty of options out there too.
Old 04-29-2002, 12:04 AM   #5
rendog24
AF Enthusiast

*wrx*wrx*wrx*wrx*wrx*wrx*wrx*wrx*wrx*wrx*wrx*wrx*w rx*wrx*wrx*wrx*

try a wrx.made by subaru.

"Don't touch what you can't grab, End up with two backhands, Put anthrax on a tampax, and slap you 'til you can't stand" - Eminem
Old 04-29-2002, 12:25 AM   #6
Self
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Self
Try an LT1(1993-1997) Camaro Z28 or SS. WAAAY faster, cooler, nicer and attractive than ANY Mustang out there! That's what I have, and I can guarantee you that you won't find another relatively new(new = 1990+) vehicle out there that's a better value with more potential, support, or performance options at low prices.
Old 04-29-2002, 01:25 AM   #7
dreemkill
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to dreemkill Send a message via AIM to dreemkill Send a message via Yahoo to dreemkill
..or he could save up another 5 years or so, and get a REAL corvette..................

Quote:
Originally posted by Self
Try an LT1(1993-1997) Camaro Z28 or SS. WAAAY faster, cooler, nicer and attractive than ANY Mustang out there! That's what I have, and I can guarantee you that you won't find another relatively new(new = 1990+) vehicle out there that's a better value with more potential, support, or performance options at low prices.

Originally posted by Prelussion

And then both of you guys w/ you sewing maching powered cars get passed by a moped w/ a 5hp Engine and he goes on to put 5 car lengths on you. Racing an EX vs a DX is like a 10 speed bike vs a golden retriever.

AF Upstate Crew -- Member #1

Current Audio: none. car dead.
Old 04-29-2002, 01:52 AM   #8
A20A1
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to A20A1
I'd buy a Vett, but it has to be an old school one that looked like the older 280z's. and has the small round tail lights with the little chrome accent's.
Cardomain
89 Accord
95 Corolla
Old 04-29-2002, 02:24 AM   #9
96LSIntegraRocket
AF Newbie

Re: honda versus mustang

Quote:
Originally posted by duckhead4life
ok here is my problem. i have a 2000 civic hx(slow i know but keep reading). i bought the hx knowing that it is the slowest civic out there with vtec. because i knew that i was going to put in the b18 from gsr. but the problem is that i have gotten a new job that pays a hell of a lot more than what i was making. so now i can afford a much nicer car like a mustang. i was just wondering should i keep the car that i have now or should i go and trade it in on a mustang gt(or if i wait a little while and save for like another year i can afford the cobra). or should i get some other car that has high horsepower but is better than the mustang. as far as handling, horsepower and torque.
I'm in your same position of having got a job that pays a hell of alot more than the old one, but the first thing that came to my mind was TURBO and alot of BOOST for my car i plan on building the hell out of my current car and getting a rx7 or s2000
Old 04-29-2002, 08:02 AM   #10
CivicSiRacer
Civic Mod

Send a message via ICQ to CivicSiRacer Send a message via AIM to CivicSiRacer
Personally I don't like many American cars (Ford, GM, Mercury) the looks are exciting to me.

My picks:
Subaru WRX
Subaru WRX STi (available 2003)
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII
Acrua RSX Type S
Lexus IS300
BMW 330Ci
2000 or 1998 Integra Type R

Builder cars:
240SX SR20ET
Civic hatchback with B18C & add LSD
your civic with B18C & add LSD
Mazda Miata with a JRSC
Buy my Civic parts!
Old 04-29-2002, 08:48 AM   #11
j.fuggi
AF Enthusiast

IMO i'd much rather have a builder car. i don't have much money and this is why my car is in a pause. but if you have the funds, and want to feel good about your self - get a builder car. something that is an accomplishment. such as a 70hp civic cx hatch. throw a decent motor in there, build the motor, turbo, some wild body work. and bam. you got a quick ass show car.

if i bought a car that had a lot of power and good looks stock, it'd just be to have fun with. i'd much rather make a car faster myself. and be proud to build something.

oh.. and mustang = NO

keep it import.

» Supercharged 2006 Honda Civic Si Coupe
» Info | Teaser Video | Dyno Video | Dyno Graph
Old 04-29-2002, 08:50 AM   #12
JayFidizzy
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JayFidizzy
IMO opinion I'd go with a mid 90's RX7 Turbo or same Year Toyota Supra Turbo....those are my two dream cars which currently are out of my reach (high insurance rates)
Old 04-29-2002, 09:01 AM   #13
dome
AF Enthusiast

If I were you I'd get an M3, or if you can't afford it get a 330ci.

Whatever you do, keep the civic if you can as a builder car. Keep it to play with and learn on. Do what you want with it a little at a time, with the knowledge that you have a bimmer to drive away in at any given moment. Just my .02
Old 04-29-2002, 12:23 PM   #14
decora
AF Newbie

Mustang? :apuke:

Mid 90s RX7 :angel:
Old 04-29-2002, 12:30 PM   #15
zigen
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to zigen Send a message via AIM to zigen
I say WRX or Supra TT. Supra TT has more hp than a cobra and looks a helluva lot better imo.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV