Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 04:42 PM   #1
Stimpsonjcat2
AF Newbie

Funny Day today - racing

I just moved to California. One of the things I noticed right away was all the rice..... Also, everyone here thinks they have a race car - its hilarious.

So anyway today was expecially funny. I spotted an acura with a huge ole mop-bucket exhaust - and tailed it through a few lights - trying to get side by side at a light. He spotted me and started working the lights to try to get me too. We had it all set up - we were rolling up to a light about 2-300 yards and this little pickup shoots in front of the acura.

So now the pickup is besides me instead of the acura - and he's inching up anticipating the light. So, I'm like "you gotta be kiddin me - now we have pickemuptruck racers" jeeeeeeze.

I wasn't SURE he wanted to race so I did what I call a "stealth launch." Basically a stealth launch is you don't go burning up your tires and jumping on the throttle - you just sort of slow-launch and then don't shift out of first gear - let the rpms climb to the redline. Well, sure enough this dope guns it. I drop it into ssecond and I'm 2 car lengths in front of him in about a second.

What is it with the people in So Cal??? Racing a maxima in a pickemuptruck?????? are you guys nuts??

Now heres the funny part - ANOTHER guy in a pickup truck tried me out later in the day - OMFG!!! First one was a new little dodge piece of shit and the second was some new little ford-scrap wagon.

Well, anyway, the guy in the acura toned down his little act after he saw me torch mr pickemup (which I was embarrased I even had to do it) - so that was too bad, but I would have made him look just as bad.

Later on the way home - same trip I dissed a suit in an audi too... Will these guys never learn?? Maxima is the king of the 4 doors!!

So far So Cal is great - every BMW and Infinity and Max and Benz - they all seem to want to race, which makes even going out to the store a fun ride.

BUT PLEASE!!!! PLEASE stop it with the pickem up trucks - god thats so funny!!
Stimpsonjcat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 07:19 PM   #2
VQmax95
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to VQmax95
Wait till you meet a Syclone
VQmax95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 12:23 AM   #3
Stimpsonjcat2
AF Newbie

syclone????

Your kidding me right????

They made like 47 of these in the early 90's - how many could possibly be on the road?? I mean if you said "beware of the ford lightning" I would understand - but syclone???? Thats like saying "look out for those lamborghini diablos..." Nobody is ever gonna see one of these....

Oh and by the way - I'm laughed all day long today as I encountered 2 old mustang 5.0's. Good god - don't these people keep current on what is and what is not fast???

Heres the breakdown for all mustang owners.....
Stock = I own u
GT = even race - depends on whether u r a tard vs my launch
cobra = I'm toast so I dont even try - props!
Old 09-19-2003, 02:54 AM   #4
VQmax95
AF Regular

I see syclones and Typhoons all the time. There are 2 in the town that I live in. I'm pretty sure they made more than 47. I'm just saying, wait till you meet up with one. 275 hp and awd owns you. That all I'm saying.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:32 AM   #5
BP2K2Max
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to BP2K2Max
Re: Funny Day today - racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by VQmax95
I see syclones and Typhoons all the time. There are 2 in the town that I live in. I'm pretty sure they made more than 47. I'm just saying, wait till you meet up with one. 275 hp and awd owns you. That all I'm saying.
yeah, he's off by a mulitple of 10. they made almost 300 syclones and slightly fewer typhoons. and of course watch out for one. low-mid 13's stock and 12's with less than $1500 in mods.
BP2K2Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 12:29 PM   #6
Stimpsonjcat2
AF Newbie

humor detector

Gotta turn on your humor-detector guys when you read one of my posts. I read up on syclones b4 I wrote my post and I know how many were made - I was exagerating for the humorous effect.....

I have never seen a syclone, hell I never even heard of one until you posted it. I haven't even seen a lightning yet. They are rare as hell, and its still like saying "watch out for those shelby cobras" or "watch out for those plymouth superbirds."

Heres the skinny in case you missed the point of the story. The maxima is the absolute ruler of the 4 door mass production vehicles. Ricers and pickemups should know better than to challenge one.
Old 09-20-2003, 01:03 AM   #7
VQmax95
AF Regular

www.syty.org Just in case you care. I do have a sense of humor, it just wasn't that funny. sorry
Old 09-20-2003, 06:12 AM   #8
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

I would say nice kills but they were old trucks and nothing worth the gas, however, I give you props for spanking the Audi.

I had an event yesterday involving an Accord Coupe (probably a 2k1 or so) he had the big fart can exhaust, huge wing on back, tintz and was lowered with 16 inch chrome wheels but it was me who initiated the fight because I saw him lining up against everything else and smoking em, I figured that I'd give him a taste of his own medicine.

I work my way up to him only we are side by side and agree to go from a roll of 45, I roasted his @$$ and shutdown at 70 because he was 4 car lengths behind.

Then we make it to a light he was behind because other lane is occupied, so I take off fast enough to give him room to pass and then slow once he has cleared other car. We agree to go from a standing start at the next light.

Light is red and we're all lined up, it goes green, BAM Hondas are torqueless wonders, I piss all over his Accord with Exhaust and later I find out he has a chip, Baaaa, too bad for him, of course he says I must be using N2O or SC'd, I told him I wasn't he says BS and I had to literally pull off the highway to show him that I was not boosted only GAB mod.

He says what's that and I tell him it's the GAB Baby, he says what's that, I say Ghetto Air Box. He asks for a rematch and I say from a standstill or on the roll, he agrees to a standingstart.

We line up at a light but this time I see the PoPo who is obviously looking at our cars, so I pretend to rev as though I'm going to really take off, light goes green and I don't, he burns out (didn't know that it was possible in that car) and draws the attention of the PoPo who does a u-turn and runs him down fast, I just go cruisin' by and wave and his eyes are all popped out like "How come he ain't getting a ticket."

Dumb @$$ ricers, when will they ever learn?
Old 09-20-2003, 12:30 PM   #9
Stimpsonjcat2
AF Newbie

coppers

Normally I would look out for my fellow street racer-wannabees. However, I would have let the riced out slocord eat a ticket too. Hahaha - nice work.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35