Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 01:38 PM   #1
QueenMaXimA
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to QueenMaXimA
InJen CAI

Hey boys.. im back again

I just ordered the injen CAI today, and i was wondering (for those of you who have it) how you all like it. And the other thing is ... ive never put a CAI in myself and i was wondering if i could get some instructions. I have a 4th gen. thanks guys.

-Leigha-
Old 09-15-2003, 08:54 PM   #2
EPVQ30
AF Regular

hey watsup gurl, i have an injen myself and i simply love it.. the growl and the looks of it are just amazing. the packaging should come with instruction and it is rather simple to install..
unlike the PR CAI you dont have to remove the battery or drill any holes in your fender.. the injen install as easy as a regular HAI.
once you get package in and inspect it good bump this thread and i will try and help you with any questions you may have.. good luck with your new intake and belive me you made a very smart purchase.

EPVQ30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 09:41 PM   #3
Ceasars Chariot
AF Regular

Injen looking GOOD !

I have deceided to go Injen as well. Can you comment on any other setup you had b4 you went Injen. I have had stock, stock & jwt intake, and frankencar midpipe. The sound is really the same for me with the popcharger or popcharger and midpipe. Can you comment on the inejn in more detail. I love an aggressive sound and i hear with these type setups, people on the outside of the car will be able to hear whats up !!

anyways injen is looking real good and im looking forward to joining the club soon. watsup with the monsterflow filter any comments on that .. should i just clean up this old jwt popcharger and use it ?

Old 09-15-2003, 10:28 PM   #4
EPVQ30
AF Regular

well, as you well now there are all types of reactions to all different types of intakes.. some people love the injen, some people say it's just ok, some other people say it is over priced, and some people say that it is not a true cai and that it sucks hot air from behind the radiator.. all i can tell you Caesar is that this is my first intake. so i have no previous experience with any other intake.. i took a friend of mine in my car to go to a meet and he was hella impressed by the sound and the power he felt from my car just by sitting on the pass seat.. he drives a 2k auto and has a mid pipe.. all he does is piss and moan about how his 2k lags on the low end and that he lacks much power in the summer time..
i felt minimal low end loss on hot days this summer and on cool autumn days my car roars and feels more powerful than ever.. TRUE, the injen may not be a true cai like the place racing... but i think it sure is better than a HAI..
by the way i think TOM from the .org is selling his injen not because he doesn't like it, but because he thinks it is a little too loud for his taste..

i'm glad i spent the 200 bucks on the group deal by southwest autoworks and got my shit in.. i almost went with the frankencar but the bling of the injen sold me right away...now i'm seeing threads popping up on the .org complaining about their frankencar intakes falling appart on them. if you got the money to play then get it.. if you're a budget modder then there are other options.

oh! also injen has a new look instead of red hoses they are black with the injen silkscreened on them.. it looks hot as hell.

i hope this helps people, any other Q's lemme know i'll be sure to give you any input i can.

as far as the filter goes.. i am still using the one that came in the kit.. next filter i get will be the k&n i think.

EPVQ30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 08:22 AM   #5
QueenMaXimA
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to QueenMaXimA
Hey! Thanks for the input EPVQ30. This makes me feel very confident about having purchased this InJen. I can't wait to put it in. I'll let you all know how it goes.