Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 10:04 PM   #1
krazymecha
AF Newbie

transfer case

I own a 96 silverado with a newprocess 241c transfer case the chain broke looking to replace transfer case what other models will work? which one is stronger i dont want to replace the tranfer case every time i play.
krazymecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:39 AM   #2
jumpingjack66
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to jumpingjack66
Re: transfer case

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazymecha
I own a 96 silverado with a newprocess 241c transfer case the chain broke looking to replace transfer case what other models will work? which one is stronger i dont want to replace the tranfer case every time i play.
Try STAK.com. prettyunbrakable stuff plus dual low ranges...jj
2000 Silverado Victory Red, standard cab, short bed, short wheelbase, 4X4, 4.8L, 5 speed, 4:10 locking rear diff, K&n FIPK, Ryno lined all the way over bed rail, heavy half suspension,factory skid plates,Fog lights, BFG 285/75/16 A/T's, dashmat, Stealth Radar.
lots of special options some installed by me!

1980 Suzuki GS1100E Super fast
jumpingjack66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:20 PM   #3
krazymecha
AF Newbie

Re: transfer case

update: total rebuild with offroad chain new shift fork and gears. works good now but am having another proble i think the linkage needs to be adjusted the front diff only engages when it wants too. I believe the swith above the linkage controls the front diff engagement motor it is electric not vaccum didnt have this problem before what does everyone think could my linkage being out of adjustment cause this problem?
krazymecha is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD