Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Specialty 'Stangs
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Specialty 'Stangs Are you a Saleen, Shelby, or Rousch enthusiast? If so, this is your forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 10:47 AM   #1
lessurluck
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to lessurluck Send a message via MSN to lessurluck
03 cobra help

after doing a pretty good amount of research i have decided that a 03 cobra gives you the most power/style compared to how old the car is and the price. i own a 03 v6 and the handling isnt to great the interior is decent but kinda cheap the next on my list is the 01 corvette but it has less horsepower but in my opinion is built better. it seems that not many cars are in the 300 hp range for around 20k and if they are there way to old or you can mod them up 300 after spending 20k. the cobra seems like it has much potential and is a pretty cool looking car but if it handles like the v6 then that would be pretty bad. i know it has irs but i have heard of bad things with the irs. so my question is basically what do you now about the cobra that would make me want to buy it over everything else and if you think there is something better then please tell me.

p.s. i read a post about the seats in the mustang and how comfortable they are... the guy actually thought they were cheap and uncomfortable thats funny cuz i thought they were the most comfortable seats ive ever sat on plus the cobra comes with suede lol
lessurluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:49 PM   #2
BlackGT2000
AF Enthusiast

Re: 03 cobra help

I personally love the cobra and I was (and still am) considering getting one. They are awesome cars and have few parts in common with the V6 or GT. It will most certainly "handle" better than the 03 V6. I do not think you will find one for 20000 though. That was really my only issue with it. You will be able to find plenty of 99 vettes for 19-20000 dollars though. I am pretty sure the cost of driving the vette will be a little more though. You are right though the 03 cobra is faster than the already very fast C5 vette.
-1991 Cavalier
-1997 Taurus GL
-1987 Ranger V6
-1985 Aries
BlackGT2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:35 PM   #3
lessurluck
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to lessurluck Send a message via MSN to lessurluck
Re: 03 cobra help

i meant i could get one for around 20k ive seen them all day in the 23k area and you know you can talk them down at least a grand and if you find a private seller you can get it even lower... thanks for posting
lessurluck is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Specialty 'Stangs