Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 12:45 AM   #1
raymarquise
AF Newbie

Smile 94 Voyager-Cigarette Lighter not working

The Cigarette Lighter on my 1994 Plymouth Voyager is not working. Tried a phone charger and GPS but they too did not work - I think there is no power at the socket. I checked the fuse box under the dash, but all the fuses are OK. Searched the forum, and it seems there is another fuse box under the hood - a power distribution center, but I cannot find it. Also, from the forum, someone says that the parking lights and the horn work from the same fuse as the lighter, but I have no problems with either of these. Maybe I need to change the lighter socket - but have no idea how to do that, although I have seen them selling online.

Any help in finding the fuse in the power distribution center and/or detailed instructions on how to remove and replace the lighter socket would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
raymarquise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
jamesslcx
AF Enthusiast

Re: 94 Voyager-Cigarette Lighter not working

Ray if memory serves the fusebox is right behind the battery. Anyway have you checked the wiring to the lighter? If all is o.k. you may have to replace the socket which isn't very hard.
jamesslcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #3
raymarquise
AF Newbie

Thanks for replying.
To check the wiring I will have to take out the lighter socket - can you give me some guidance on how to do that?
Old 03-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #4
raymarquise
AF Newbie

I found the labels for the fuse box under the dash, and one of the fuses is for the lighter - but, it is OK, anyways I changed it just to be sure - but the lighter still does not work. I also found the fuse box under the hood, behind the battery, but the label does not indicate that any of the fuses is for the lighter. They all seem to be fine. I now need to check the wiring to the lighter socket. I need help in how to get the socket out.
Thanks for all help.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:18 PM   #5
jamesslcx
AF Enthusiast

Ray, I am not too familiar with your van but I think you can remove the panel around the radio, lighter, heat controls etc and it will help you see how to remove the lighter socket. It may unscrew or have clips or screws that hold it in you will know more when you pop the faceplate off, just go easy and don't break anything. Sorry I haven't got back to you sooner but I've been really busy. Let me know how it goes.
jamesslcx is offline   Reply With Quote