Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Let's get Technical!
Let's get Technical! Discussion for hardcore in-depth motor heads!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 01:08 PM   #1
samoel12
AF Newbie

2006 crv long starting

Honda CRV
2.4 Automatic Transmission.
200k km

Hi folks,
Few problems with my car taillight relay was 3 positive output from the socket now it's 2 hot, keys off, dimmer off, !! . Things i fixed by myself changed the cluster because it was fried, changed the multiplex control unit fuse box under the dash, fixed the cut wires between the tail light relay to the taillights.

All this happened when i wanted to change the small bulb in the hazard light switch, there was positive and negative contact while changing the small bulb, while the dimmer was on parking position, all smoking was there, at that moment almost all the lights in the dashboard, except the speedometer, went off, my radio light was strong on off position, very weak light on Parking/ Running light, lost the climate control lights, lost the high mount brake light.

I checked the board of the cluster it was fried so i changed with 02 EX CRV, worked fine.
& Changed the fuse box ( multiplex control unit) under the dash.
& Checked the tail light relay socket i get 3 HOT

Things fixed after changing the cluster are:
1-Radio light came back to normal function.
2-Dashboard lights came back functioning again.
3-Climate control light came back functioning again.
4- Hazard light switch small bulb indicator came back operating.
5- All other light now working fine even the tail light after fixing the cut wire between the relay and terminal of the taillight.

I can upload few diagrams if someone can read them.

NOW THE CAR HAS LONG CRANKING OR LAZY START UP!!

Sorry if i didn't make the point clear enough. I was testing the relays and fuses for voltage draw, as i was suspecting that the problem with long starting could be the battery drainage or something, while the car in sleep mode. I tested the battery, alternator on and off , the battery is fine the alternator is fine.

MY PROBLEM NOW IS LONG STARTING COULD BE THAT RELATED TO THE ECU AFTER THE THE CONNECTION OF THE NEGATIVE AND POSITIVE TERMINALS OF THE HAZARD LIGHT SWITCH BULB.. Board fried or something so the ecu started misbehaving??

I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS ACTUALLY.
1-What could make the relay before to give 3 hot and now 2 hot?

2-What can cause long starting as i didn't have this problem before and now just started after this mess up?

THANKS FOR THE REPLY

ANY HELP APPRECIATED
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b1770909-5e59-4cb5-99ee-1603db020d36_crv.jpg (280.7 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by samoel12; 07-26-2017 at 01:50 PM.
samoel12 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Let's get Technical!