Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > Completed Projects / Gallery
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Completed Projects / Gallery Post all completed works in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-04-2023, 08:21 AM   #1
MarcoSaupe
AF Regular

Williams FW19, Revell, 1/24

Hi

the 2nd finished one of the year - after I only managed to build 4 racecars last year, I decided I should increase production a bit, or the pile will never shrink...

It's the old 1997 Revell Williams, curbside, simple kit - except for the excessive sanding required to get rid of ejection marks, etc... and that the chassis consists of upper and lower half, so you have to split the suspension, lest you not have a split along the sides of the model. Fortunately it's easy to build something to hold the suspension on the inside after it's pushed in at the end.
The decals were a catastrophe however, you need the hair dryer on the highest setting to get them around a corner, and the white areas with stripes break at every edge... I could now start as a restaurator for paintings, after touching up so many small areas, especially around the cockpit. It would be better to paint the white areas and cut the stripes off the decals. Well, it looks ok on photos and from a distance, just don't go really near - forntunately I'm the only one who could do that :P

Painted with TS colours from the airbrush, Mr. Super Clear on top, poison logos from Indycals, I only added the belts.
The tires have raised letters and decals... that won't work, so I painted the letters by hand.

Hope you like it anyway.

Old 02-06-2023, 11:04 PM   #2
CifeNet
AF Enthusiast

Re: Williams FW19, Revell, 1/24

Nicely done! Very convincing, high quality result!

I have the same kit and I know it is stupidly bad. The good side is the decals, I hope to make one as good as your model.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > Completed Projects / Gallery