Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 02:02 PM   #121
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: Dual climate control blowing heat on AC

Interesting to read that. My wife's compressor recently developed a leak at what I would call the front seal. It's leaking the compressor oil, maybe a quarter size in the garage per week. It's definitely coming from the compressor, and the puddle glows under the blacklight. I checked the bolts holding the front of the compressor to the body and they are tight. I've tried to order a seal kit but even though O'Reilly's computer shows it in stock, it never ships. They think it doesn't actually exist. I suspect it would just be for the other o-rings and gaskets in the system and not for the compressor anyway. I've never seen a Ford compressor leak like this, I'm not sure if the compressor on the LS is another one-off. Oddly, the A/C still works great, the pressures are okay, and an OEM compressor from Fast Parts costs less than aftermarket from O'Reilly.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:02 PM   #122
joegr
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorod View Post
I've never seen a Ford compressor leak like this, I'm not sure if the compressor on the LS is another one-off. Oddly, the A/C still works great, the pressures are okay, and an OEM compressor from Fast Parts costs less than aftermarket from O'Reilly.

-Rod
I had two compressors do exactly this to me, one on a 1994 Grand Marquis, and one on a 2004 Lincoln LS. I traded the 94 before it failed, and I went ahead and replaced the compressor on the 2004, as I plan to keep this car for a while yet. My assumption is that at some point most of the oil would be gone and the compressor would fail. When that happened, probably many little bits of metal would get into the rest of the AC system and cause the new compressor to fail. For that reason, I replaced it well before failure.
joegr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:29 PM   #123
shorod
SHO No Mo

Thank you for the input. I suppose I should follow your logic and replace the one on my wife's car while the system still works well. She keeps looking at the new Lincolns and Volvos though.... I need to find out if she wants to keep the car or if she really is serious about getting something new.

-Rod
Old 07-27-2009, 01:23 PM   #124
RJLipscomb
AF Newbie

Great, is this next thing that I can expect to go wrong?
Rod, you indicated that you see a small "quarter" size leak on the garage floor. You tracked that back to the compressor. Therefore, you will replace the OEM compressor with an OEM compressor, correct? Question: how many miles do you have on the old one? I will now start looking for signs of a leak.
RJLipscomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:18 PM   #125
shorod
SHO No Mo

I don't know how many of the miles that are on the car were with the compressor turning, but the car has about 70k miles on it. Since my wife has had the car, probably 70% of her driving has been with the A/C on (either A/C or defrost or Auto mode). I certainly wouldn't suggest that all of these compressors will fail at 70k miles though.

-Rod
Old 07-30-2009, 03:34 AM   #126
4Jenna
AF Newbie

My 00' is blowing cold on the drivers side and hot on passenger side. I ran the test with no codes...mine counted thru to 25 but what exactly is the "panel buttons" you push to retrieve the fault codes?
I also tried cycling the system multiple times from hot to cold with no luck. I can hear the door making noise moving around in the dash.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

-Chris
4Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:40 AM   #127
shorod
SHO No Mo

The panel button is the button that would direct air through the dash panel vents.

Since you got the display to count to 25, it sounds like you ran through the module self test rather than the self test to retrieve continous Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs). The module self test will only report on-demand DTCs.

The module self test is initiated by pressing the OFF and FLOOR buttons simultaneously followed by the AUTO button. To retrieve the continuous DTCs you press the OFF and PANEL buttons followed by the AUTO button. I believe the details are listed in this thread, so I won't repeat them here.

-Rod
The Following User Says Thank You to shorod For This Useful Post:
nuckolsk (04-20-2011)
Old 08-02-2009, 08:20 AM   #128
drugguri
AF Newbie

Thanks for all of the great info, its sounds like i'm not the only one with this problem. My 05 LS just blows hot air no matter what mode it is in. I ran the DTC and returned 3 codes, 27 97,27 99, and 27 95. I haven't been able to find the meaning of 27 95 anywhere. I was already to replace the DCCV but thought i would try the #1 10 amp fuse first and as soon as I put it in it blow. I am thinking it is some sort of electrical issue, but I can't find any info on that code anywhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
drugguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:20 PM   #129
joegr
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugguri View Post
Thanks for all of the great info, its sounds like i'm not the only one with this problem. My 05 LS just blows hot air no matter what mode it is in. I ran the DTC and returned 3 codes, 27 97,27 99, and 27 95. I haven't been able to find the meaning of 27 95 anywhere. I was already to replace the DCCV but thought i would try the #1 10 amp fuse first and as soon as I put it in it blow. I am thinking it is some sort of electrical issue, but I can't find any info on that code anywhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Disconnect the DCCV and then replace the fuse and see if it still blows or not. A shorted DCCV can cause the fuse to blow. I don't have any listing for code 2795.
http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file...tm#extract_247
gives you tests to carry out for the other two codes.
joegr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:33 AM   #130
4Jenna
AF Newbie

i got 50 41
Old 08-05-2009, 12:39 AM   #131
4Jenna
AF Newbie

Rod i see you posted this, any more info?

Code 50 41 indicates SCP invalid or missing data for function read vehicle speed.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:41 AM   #132
shorod
SHO No Mo

The DATC troubleshooting section refers the reader to the ABS system with a footnote of: "PERFORM On-Board Diagnostics for the associated SCP module. For additional information concerning description and operation of the vehicle communication network, refer to Section 418-00 in the Workshop manual. Note: Network DTC(s) occur during module to module communication failures. Network faults can be categorized into two types: 1) Invalid data network faults - Data transferred within normal inter-module message but contains known invalid data. Transmitting module shall log a DTC related to the invalid data fault. 2) Missing message network faults - Missing message fault logged by an module upon failure to receive a message from another module within a defined retry period."

When I go to the ABS section, I don't find a code U1041 (which corresponds to the DATC LFC of 50 41) but the footnote above leads me to believe that since the vehicle speed signal comes from the ABS computer, the ABS computer is the transmitting module and therefore should also log a code. Unfortunately, the ABS computer does not provide LFC's, you'll need to find someone with a scan tool that can access the ABS computer.

-Rod
Old 08-05-2009, 06:21 PM   #133
drugguri
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegr View Post
Disconnect the DCCV and then replace the fuse and see if it still blows or not. A shorted DCCV can cause the fuse to blow. I don't have any listing for code 2795.
http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file...tm#extract_247
gives you tests to carry out for the other two codes.

Thanks for the response but i was able to finally replace the fuse without it shorting out. I must have shorted it myself the first time. Anyway now i'm not getting the 12 97 or 12 99 code but instead I get 12 98 and still get the 12 95, which i can't find reference to anywhere.
drugguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:19 AM   #134
RJLipscomb
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugguri View Post
Thanks for the response but i was able to finally replace the fuse without it shorting out. I must have shorted it myself the first time. Anyway now i'm not getting the 12 97 or 12 99 code but instead I get 12 98 and still get the 12 95, which i can't find reference to anywhere.
The 27 98 indicates that the driver coolant control valve circuit short to ground. Most of us on this thread have replaced the DCCV. Instructions and parts are in the previous pages. I don't know what the 12 95 code refers.
RJLipscomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:10 PM   #135
E-RPM SOFT COM
AF Newbie

Rod,

Your the greatest. I will print this out and give it a try.