Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 07:37 PM   #1
4JX1 Trooper
AF Newbie

4JX1 stalling problem ,how to test the rail pressure sensor

I've had a stalling problems with my Isuzu Trooper.
With needles thru the ground and signal wires I connected a simple volt meter to the ground and signal wires , close to the ECM connector, and long wire inside the cab to be able to watch the volt meter while i'm driving .The idle voltage is 1.2v , 3000 RPM - 2.8v
When the engine stalled the voltage came to zero , which means the sensor give shortage to the ECM .You should watch very careful the voltmeter reading exactly on the moment of the stalling , I missed it few times and was confused.
Somebody told me ,check the ORPCV. If the problem was ORPCV the voltage will go slower down to zero.
Now I will instal a LED voltmeter inside , only $3 from ebay , and have info all the time what is going on with the oil pressure .

Last edited by 4JX1 Trooper; 06-03-2014 at 10:02 PM.
4JX1 Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard