Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Magazine Critic > Sport Compact Car
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 08:23 PM   #76
JekylandHyde
AF - Advisor

Re: Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship

Ok, so we can agree that you paid for a discount?
Can we then agree that what you did, does not constitute a sponsorship?

If I buy a discount membership at Sam's Club,
are they "sponsoring" my house?

My PROBLEM with what they are doing is they are preying on people's feelings ... they are using the magical word "sponsor" to make it sound like something it is not.

In my opinion, as long as they use the word "sponsor" they are commiting fraud.
THAT is a huge deal in my book.

... as for paying for a discount goes, the question is, are they offering parts at a good price? From what I have seen, their prices are not any better than what you could get if you did your own leg work and research.

Last edited by JekylandHyde; 02-16-2006 at 10:00 PM.
JekylandHyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 08:44 PM   #77
Re_Joshua
AF Newbie

Sponsorship is many things in the auto industry. It says right there in the contract that "you" will receive a ** discount on all products. It's like getting a partial sponsorship from say HKS. They call that a sponsorship. A one time 88 dollar fee...one time, not monthly. I've saved way more than that 88 dollars so far. So yes, for me it has been WELL worth the fee. Heck on my first part I saved over that. So I would be stupid to not say it was worth it. I would say that it wasn't a sponsorship if I paid a monthly fee or yearly fee, but I don't. So, it's still a "partial sponsorship".
Re_Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 08:52 PM   #78
JekylandHyde
AF - Advisor

If HKS was going to sponsor you, even partially, they would never ask you for $88.

spon·sor ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spnsr) n.
One that finances a project or an event carried out by another person or group

If someone is in a position to sponsor, that is to say they could finance, your project WHY would they ever need your $88?

It blows my mind that people can honestly think that a company that can 'afford' to give hundreds-of-thousands of dollars needs your $88.

Last edited by JekylandHyde; 02-16-2006 at 10:01 PM.
JekylandHyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 01:30 PM   #79
angel_iz378
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to angel_iz378
Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship

Maybe we should just agree to disagree. IF SCP is legit (which is really hard to believe) then there may be some people that can get some use out of it. Fine. For the other 99% of us, $88 is a lot of green to put down for something we can't use. I personally, would have been happy if any of their 5 approved sites had had anything I could have wanted or even USED. Nothing for a Cavy older than a 95 (I have a old-school 94), which is actually no big surprise. All I wanted was some decent mods, but came up with bupkiss. I guess I should just say that if you have a common tuner car/truck and can get something out of it, hey, it's your money, but if not, then don't waste your hard-earned cash on a suedo-scam like this. I'm just glad my sponsorship year finally is at an end.

Check out My NEW 2007 Cobalt LT "Pheonix" @ Car Domain
angel_iz378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 07:13 PM   #80
Re_Joshua
AF Newbie

In the end, if it wasn't for SCP then I wouldn't have an Sr20det swap in my 240sx. To me that is all that matters. And, if you want to build a vehicle you have got to have money...if you dont and that 88 is to much then it has kept that person that would waste away the discounts from ever signing the contract. Looks like it keeps paper work down, lol. Plus people think what they want to think. When I joined another SCP discussion, you, mister 280 guy said that there was no proof of someone sponsored by SCP doing anything. I posted photos of my "something" sponsored by SCP. Was sponsored since day one. So please, dont try to convince people it's a scam when I have proof that it isn't, and I was working on it today, lol. I mean you asked "anyone else actually take pix of there "products installed" lets see them" and I proved it. So what now, not good enough? I'll post a picture of the T04 once I find someone to ceramic coat it.

Some people will gain from joining with SCP, some will not. It all depends on the person and what they are working on. It's just that simple. You didn't, but the next guy did...me.
Re_Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:15 PM   #81
GT 465SEAN
AF Newbie

Well I just talk to kurt from SCP, I called them i talk to him and he was very knowledgable about my 2006 eclipse GT, he offered me a 12,500 sponsership co-op where i have to pay 45% and they'll pay for the rest, I have herd alot of negative feedback about them, but iam going to try, every one so negetive about the 88 doller. If i was them i would do the same, because if u dont have 88 dollers, why would they want to sponsor you if u cant even pay for a fender bender. A sponser want to know that if somthing happen you can get you car back out and running quickly because they want there name out there and if u have it in the shop. They loose to. Iam try it out if they dont help so be it I have other sponser knocking at me already. I do have a lawyer and they will read the contract and i wont sign if its a ripp off, but if the contract good ill sign if they dont follow with there end ill let the lawyers fight it. I believe there legit and so do a good handfull of people and i will till the proove me wrong . Which i dont thinks goin to happen. and if u see this joshua i was just wondering what they offered u and how much u payed and much they did thx. Also still Looking for more sponsors =)
GT 465SEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:25 PM   #82
JekylandHyde
AF - Advisor

lol .... best logic yet.

Wow, imagine that. Another person with ONE post posting in this thread.

me = shocked
Old 02-13-2006, 01:53 AM   #83
MrHigh$tandards
AF Newbie

Question Re: Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship

Wow. I don't know if I should feel stupid or what right now. I searched google for sponsorships because I've already sinked over $25,000. into my car and I was tired of paying but want to do so much more. I came across SCP and filled out all the info... What was done to my car, what I had planned for my car... you know all of that. Then I even gave my credit card info. *I'm currently shaking my head in disgust* I didn't pay attention to the $88.00 "donation" to Victims of Illegal Street Racing. (Why would a company want to give money to victims of ILLEGAL anything? I ask myself this now) I was excited and ready to get my car pimped out more.... I then received a phone call from a 302 # which I know personally is a nextel meaning it was a celluar... it was a lady (and I even heard kids in the background) claiming to be from SCP. She told me I was approved and the $88 was charged to my account. Again, I did not even notice this when I filled out the info in the first place because I was so ignorantly excited. So when she said this I paused. She could sence that there was something wrong and spoke up... "Sir, the $88 was for the processing fee and a portion of it will be donated to victims of illegal street racing." I was like, "Oh... um ok... is there anyway that can be put on hold because it is going to cause my account to bounce." She told me no because it had already been charged and had a snicker to her voice. This whole thing immediately made my stomach drop. I pretend as if everything was ok and it would all work out just so I would not make myself sick over it. Well a week later after my account had already bounced and caused me much unneeded stress and loss of money (which I know was my fault .) I was able to get my account positive again. The following may not have anything to do with SCP but it is being checked into.... they better hope not. Someone had made an online payment to a bank with my credit card. I knew I did not do this so I called my bank. It was to late to stop the payment but I figured maybe it was something I did and just forgot about it so I waited... Very worried , 2 days later a charge in the same amount was made to the same place. Ok this pi$$ed me off. I filed a report with my bank and it is currently under investigation. Well I thought I had that taken care of so I went on my marry way. I got on the phone later that night and ordered some stuff for my car. A few hours later I received an automated phone call asking if I made a purchase for $90? No! I did not make that purchase so I declined it. Now I was extremely pi$$ed. It was to late to call my bank. I sat pi$$ed and the phone rang again. This time it was a woman asking about the decline. I spoke with her and found out some info about the person who made the purchase. Oh yeah you are caught buddy. Anyway I cancelled my credit card a.s.a.p. The reason I mention all of this is because I realized the only place I gave my card # to was SCP. I do not know yet if they have anything to do with this but if I find out they do I will repost on here to let everyone know. Now back to SCP. I received my contract the other day, along with 2 decals and a orange sheet with a list of their suppliers. First off the contract looks typed up in microsoft word, so the lawyer fee is bs anyway. Second, everything that was in the contract was worded oddly and was nothing like they made it seem before. This inticed me to check online which I should have done prior to giving them my info but I have learned now. Currently my problem is... It appears that I have already been scammed... So I do not know if I should sign the contract and send it in and see what happens next or just take the loss and throw it out. Everyone on this forum makes very good points. However, the people who support SCP could actually be employed with them and only saying these things to drown out the truth that others speak. Or they could be real people who are satisfied by their contract. No way for me to know. If anyone has any advice or added imput please contact me at my email... high_society@mail.com I am not signing anything until my bank checks into the credit card fraud.... so I may have some time to find out more and make a wise decision. Thanks to everyone who has posted something because it has educated me.
MrHigh$tandards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:12 AM   #84
JekylandHyde
AF - Advisor

Sorry to hear about your plight ... unfortunately, it appears that "Sport Compacat Pro" has packed up their bags (again) and changed names.

Please take note of the "notice" they have on their site now:
http://www.sportcompactpro.com/

.... and not surprisingly enough, this site just happens to pop up:
http://www.teamscp1.com/website/index.asp

Teams "SCP" .... they say it stands for Street Car Performance.
What a coincidence that it happens to have the same initials as Sport Compact Pro.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:43 PM   #85
coloradotype-s
AF Newbie

I am glad I found someone talking about this. I am currently "sponsored" by sport compact pro and I feel like an idiot for paying my $88 about 2 months ago. First of all I have to say that they are nearly impossible to get a hold of and when I finally think I am talking to a person who seems like they really want to help me get parts for my car - then the next day I call to find out that they no longer work there. So I've tried for almost 2 mos to get a turbo kit for my 2005 Acura Type S. But for some reason SCP cant get it. So I've tried to order other things like LSD or Clutch kit only to find that there prices are higher than what i've found anywhere else. They say they will pay up to 55% of parts and labor. I have yet to find anyone who has received anykind of discount at all. I wanted a local tuning shop to do my install and after 3 weeks of phonetag they finally contacted the tuner only to try and negotiate his price and not have to pay anything at all. Supposively that saved me $200 which gets deducted from my $12000 sponsorship and they did not have to pay a penny. Please save yourself the money and the headache and dont let them talk you into a "sponsorship". Anyone can find a better deal on parts and labor if they just do a little browsing themselves.
coloradotype-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 09:46 PM   #86
JekylandHyde
AF - Advisor

Just as I figured, TeamSCP1 was newly incorporated in December 2005 to buy out the assets of Sport Compact Pro.

This was confirmed by Tom Shanley.
His board name on here is Team SCP.
He contacted me through PM on here.

I was also contacted by Bernie Shanley earlier this week via e-mail from TeamSCP1.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:28 AM   #87
integra27w
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalierdude03
I seriously wouldn't even try....I'm just gonna file a fraud complaint, and I'll get my $ back. I'm ripping it up as I speak. Not to mention, my gf's dad took one look at the papers and basically said Hell No! He owns his own modified race team, and he said if sponsors are TRUE sponsors, they pay YOU to sponsor their stuff! Good luck...what a POS scam!
Hi, sorry to butt in, but I have been "sponcered" by them too, and it's the biggest crap I've ever been through. I ordered a agresser type 2 front bumper, and both D1 style fenders. The price was only 40$ cheaper than racerwheel.com and it took 3 weeks to get them in, but when they arrived they had sent me a bomb style front bumper, and the D1 fenders. Chris, the guy I ordered the parts from at SCP continues to claim to not be able to get in touch with his distributor, however, I can got the number from him and I can turn around and call him directly after talking to Chris. Then Fred, the distributor claims he can't get in touch with chris either. I have been on thier case for 10 weeks now, and just hired a lawyer to handle it. So I would not reccomend them to anyone, in fact, They might be out of business by the time I get through with them!
integra27w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:35 AM   #88
rodder1934
AF Newbie

This co does not call you or email you back once they get your money
rodder1934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:13 PM   #89
WakeUp
AF Newbie

Help me here...this interesting argument seems to die here on 20 MAR 2006 or am i missing a ling?? Thaks
WakeUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 01:41 PM   #90
angel_iz378
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to angel_iz378

nah, this subject comes and goes

Check out My NEW 2007 Cobalt LT "Pheonix" @ Car Domain
angel_iz378 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Magazine Critic > Sport Compact Car