Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 10:07 PM   #16
BrodyStein
AF Newbie

need parts

I just bought a 1968 Cougar XR7. I can't seem to find body parts anywhere online. I was wondering if you know anywhere that I can go to find some "good deals".
Thanks.
BrodyStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:40 PM   #17
dallas121469
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to dallas121469
Cougar Parts.

Wish I could say Cougar parts are easy to find but sadly they arent. There are aftermarket rear quarters for 69-70 Cougars and thats about it. There are patch panels for some pieces but they are primarily Mustang patches adapted for the Cougar. You can try www.johnsclassiccougars.com for used parts. Its in michigan however and will probably cost a fortune to ship body pieces. Good luck. Oh. I would also keep tabs on ebay. I buy and sell many Cougar parts there. Steve. I also have some 68 Cougar fenders and a hood for sale on ebay. Will eventually have some doors for sale.
dallas121469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 06:46 PM   #18
GunMuse
AF Newbie

Re: Cougar Restoration

On that 302 4V (If its an orginal 68 302) the valves on those heads are oversized for racing. Also note that the Cooling ports are larger than the gasket holes when you put the heads back on. I bought a 68 california car and never a had a problem with overheating until I moved to New Mexico. Took me forever to find this "little" deal that restricted flow. The car would slowly overheat on hot days 40-50 miles down the road.

That 302 is an expensive one to find the parts for as the difference between the 68 and 69 can be night and day.
GunMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 06:56 PM   #19
GunMuse
AF Newbie

The 67 is easier to find parts for than the 68. The 68 is a little weird. Most came with 390's and VERY few came with 302's just enough to get the thing on the track. The frontend on the 68 really couldn't handle the 390's torque and weight.

My 4v was very tight and I traded it out for a FI 302 out of a 95 Van and $500 boot to me. Since porting and polishing a 68 302 will pick up 50 hp without any other modifications(Because of those wonderful heads).

I intend to build up my 68 with more modern and light weight 302.

I had plans for putting a 352 interceptor in there but you really need one of the cars that orginally had a 390 in it to use that engine.
GunMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 01:58 PM   #20
6t5frlane
AF Newbie

Well back in the day, There were a lot of Cougars using the Mustang style Teardrop hood. I remember seeing several...Just a thought. I know Crites sells some
6t5frlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:19 PM   #21
Frank MW
AF Newbie

I am rebuilding a 1968 cougar. Does anyone know of any web sites or any one that I could go to find interior parts. I found a dash but I need door handles, door panels and window cranks and I also am looking for the electronic sequencer for the tail lights.
Frank MW
Frank MW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:00 PM   #22
Muscle love
AF Newbie

Hello everyone. I am restoring my 1973 cougar xr7 and i need both front fenders and and the front clippings and bumper. Does anyone know where i could possibly obtain these parts? If so please email me at liquidfast2@hotmail.com
Muscle love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:06 PM   #23
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Please check the date of the last post in the thread and avoid replying if that date is longer than 3 months from the current date.You can start a new thread with your request, rather than resurrect an old one.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote