Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Problem Diagnosis
Mustang Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 03:39 PM   #1
Red97Mustang
AF Newbie

Automatic Transmission problems 97 Ford Mustang

I have a 97 mustang 3.8 automatic and my transmission is slipping going into OD and I've studied and looked all over the net and the OD band in the transmission is wore out and I was asking has anyone ever changed the OD band in the transmission and how hard is it to do and I figured while the transmission is took apart I would install a B&M shift improver kit it's the two kits in one I'm going with the stage 2 street/ strip kit and if anyone knows anything else that I can do or really need to do to my transmission please let me know cause I'm in the work of building a 3.8 V6 stroker motor with a supercharger next year for my mustang
Red97Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 04:23 PM   #2
trannyman52
AF Regular

Re: Automatic Transmission problems 97 Ford Mustang

they make an after-market band that is slightly wider (more load) would install that ...look for videos on How-to for that trans,,,,there is some tricks to going through that trans...and if going to beat the snot out of it,,,well you will be in the trans on a regular basis... good luck
trannyman52 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Problem Diagnosis