Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic
Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 11:05 PM   #1
NitroguN
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to NitroguN
Thank you all for the info :)

Thanks for the info everyone - I havent decided on which eclipse i want to get, but probably a 2nd gen eclipse ... um ... omg spyders ... look sooooooooooo nice .... and it's so tempting to buy a spyder over a non-spyder, but what are some of the consequences i'd have to face if i buy a spyder? Leaking i hear is a prob, but that's with every convertible. How much would it cost to repair a rag top? Also i entered a thread that stated spyders werent good for sound systems, i mean i dont want to enter an Audio Competition, but a good system would still be loud right? Loud enough to turn heads? I'm really trying to decide between two cars right now - Mazda mx6 - you guys/grlz may think it's ugly, but most of the kits out there are so nice ... check out this kit + supra tail light conversion

http://www.aspecmotorsports.com/93to96mazdamx6.htm

But i know the mx6 will not be easier to mod than the eclipse. My bro had an mx6, even to find parts for it is a b*tch and so expensive. So the eclipse is appealing to me more and more everyday the mazda's and eclipse's looks both appeal to me, but then again, when i spend $2,000 on mods, i want to get my money's worth, and like i said before ... omg spyders are soooooooooo niccccccccceeeeee
NitroguN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 11:17 PM   #2
NitroguN
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to NitroguN
lol ....

oh and um lol ........ i clicked on new thread instead of reply ... sigh ... lol srry bout that
NitroguN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 12:12 AM   #3
JoeWagon
Banned

Re: Thank you all for the info :)

You can delete the post if you really want, but to answer your question, a convertible won't be as rigid or leak-proof, but these are hardly concerns. If you like the convertable, you'll like a spyder even if it has minor problems (not all of them do).
JoeWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 01:25 AM   #4
joemathews
AF Enthusiast

Re: Thank you all for the info :)

Spyders come with all of the advantages and disadvantages of any convertible. But they look a lot better than 90% of convertibles IMO . If you are going for looks and sound, go with an NA eclipse spyder or the mx6 if you like it (top body kit was nice i thought). If you are going for performance (i.e. toasting mustangs ricers alike), an mx6 would not be a good choice. You'll have to decide what's right for you at this point; but don't forget that this won't be the last car you'll own, so if you want a great sound system now, go for that, and wait to get a fast car later if you still want one.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic