Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe
Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe Includes the VQ35DE, VQ37VHR - Z33 and Z34.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
kenwood guy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to kenwood guy
thinking about buying a z...questions

Hello all... I have been thinking about buying a z car for myself and have done a lot of research about the different year models and the debate on the auto vs Manuel transmission.... I plan on buying a used 05 and up model as it seems the z cars that are older had some minor issues but at the same time it also seems some problems have carried themselves throughout the generation and into the 370z.... so i will have look go over it with a fine tooth comb.. The question I have at this point is about the Manuel Z cars and the well known clutch chatter issue.. I know this is normal however, I have yet to see a general agreement on how to make it a bit more quite if need be... I have read that a higher viscosity oil helps and i have also read that increasing the engine idle helps too.. has anyone done both to there car?? I'm in the process of learning to drive a Manuel car but have experience riding a motorcycle so i don't think it will be hard for me.... the auto seems cool to me but i don't plan on driving the car in traffic as it will pretty much be a Sunday car.... I want a "driving experience" can I get that with an auto z??? I drive a fleet truck all week and it would be nice to have something fun to drive on the weekend any input is really appreciated
thank you guys
kenwood guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
thechidz
AF Newbie

Re: thinking about buying a z...questions

YES! I have to have an automatic because of a metal plate in my left ankle. My z is so fun to drive because the paddle shifters let me shift gears without using a clutch. Great fun
thechidz is offline   Reply With Quote