Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Canyon
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 10:09 PM   #1
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

The Canyon needs a 4.2 liter 275 hp I-6

The Vortec 4200 I-6 has 275 hp at 6,000 rpm and 275 lb-ft of torque at 3,600 rpm.

The Vortec 4200 I-6 has been one of Ward's ten best engines since 2002.

see link

4.2 liter I-6

The following is from chevyhiperformance.com:

"To increase casting accuracy and minimize engine weight, the aluminum block and cylinder head of the Vortec 4200 I-6 are made using a “lost foam” process. This casting technology provides both improved control of the manufacturing process and allows direct-mounted accessories that reduce vibration and weight. With the exception of the power-steering pump bracket, all engine accessories bolt directly to the engine."

"One of the most interesting aspects of the Vortec 4200 I-6 is what’s called variable-valve exhaust timing. This feature adjusts the exhaust camshaft timing within a range of 25 degrees as engine operating conditions change. To do that, an onboard computer first collects several points of data including throttle position, engine load, and vehicle speed. From there, a control valve adds or removes oil from a cavity and piston chamber (see cutaway photo) at the front of the camshaft. Thus, advancing or retarding the exhaust camshaft not only enhances the torque curve, but also improves idle quality and reduces emissions. With the ability to change timing, a more aggressive camshaft profile can also be used."

Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 08:50 PM   #2
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

The Vortec 4200 six–cylinder engine now generates 291 hp in the 2006 Envoy at 6000 rpm and 277 lb.–ft. of torque at 3600 rpm. 90 percent of the torque is available from 1600 rpm to 5600 rpm.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:22 AM   #3
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

Old 01-21-2006, 12:55 PM   #4
brandon200317
AF Newbie

Re: The Canyon needs a 4.2 liter 275 hp I-6

i agree, as nice as the I-5 is, replacing the vortec 4.3 with it is just a bit weak. i like the I-4 though... nice engine, but ya i always wondered why they don't put the 4.2 in the canyon/colorado... if they did that than it would be more competetive to the imports for power.
brandon200317 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Canyon