Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 09:28 PM   #1
Mumm
AF Regular

Question Winter Wheels?

I was wondering what to do for a winter wheel, the Eclipse has a 17 inch wheel(GT model, stock alloy wheels) it also has Khumo tires on it and since I live in Iowa, that won't help at all in the winter months.

Like I said the eclipse has 17 inch rims on it, I have some black wheels from a 2000 Toyopta Camry LE, the rims are 15 inches, then I would buy some all season or winter tires, I would only use them as a winter wheel.

Would that work, I'm not sure of the pattern of each I do know that the Toyota has 5 lugs.

So somebody pelase help me out here.

Oh yea the guy that I'm buying the car fromcame down $4,000, so I am only going to pay like 7 grand for it!

The guy is also a salesman who did alot of traveling, that explains the high milage and he ALWAYS took the car to a Jiffy Lube or whatever. He has had the car since 2000 (He bought it new) He also has every recept for the oil changes and what not.

The fluids all look clean and new, the oil and trans fluid are clean and in good shape, testdrove it today and it drives like new

Anyway please answer the rim question, I don't want to have to buy another set of rims for the Eclipse just for winter
Mumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:47 PM   #2
Sleepr awd
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Sleepr awd Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepr awd
Re: Winter Wheels?

you'll have to check the bolt pattern compared to the eclipses' also, the brakes may not clear the 15" rims, you can always try to find stock rims used for pretty cheap or maybe the 2g rims as winter ones and put the cheap all-seasons on them

Don't act like you don't love it.
503/2000
Sleepr awd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 03:19 PM   #3
SkiNutJones
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to SkiNutJones

Man I wouldnt even worry about it. I live in NW Indiana. I have had no problems in the snow. Its actually kinda hard to get is squirly. The khumo's may make it a litle easier though.
SkiNutJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 10:51 AM   #4
drdisque
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to drdisque

the toyota rims should be the right bolt pattern, they might not clear the front brakes though. if you want a true snow tire and don't want to pay for Bridgestone Blizzaks (the best money can buy), I also suggest Yokohama Gaurdex and "Wintermaster" brand tires.
2011 Mazda2 Touring

Past cars:
2007 Mazda 6S 5-door MT
1999 Ford Taurus SE Duratec
drdisque is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+