Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 12:00 AM   #1
hushanddie8
AF Newbie

Turbonetics T3/T4 Hybrid Turbo Kit For Sale

Kit Originally Came off a 2G Eclipse but can work on any car, Also letting manifold go with kit! This is a T3/T4 manifold for a 2G Eclipse but will bolt right up to our cars. Dump tube and O2 Housing is included along w/ manifold. Everything has less than 500 miles on and is practically brand new. Asking $2500 plus shipping for everything listed and shown. This kit is ready to bolt on. IF you need any more information or you are interested email me at cobra2335@yahoo.com.

Turbonetics T3/T4 Hybrid Turbo Charger
Greddy Core Intercooler w/ Piping
Turbonetics Deltagate External Wastegate
XS Mechanical Boost Controller
Greddy Type S Blow Off Valve
Injen Turbo Intake w/ Filter
O2 Housing
2G Manifold (Manifold will bolt up to 3G)

Pictures:

http://www.sportsnimports.com/forums...439#post424439

Last edited by hushanddie8; 07-06-2004 at 04:23 PM.
hushanddie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 04:23 AM   #2
dsm&3g2ner
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to dsm&3g2ner Send a message via Yahoo to dsm&3g2ner
aw man, that bolts up to a 3gen GS or RS 4 cylinder, where can i get a exhaust manifold for the GT V-6 that would fit the turbo?
dsm&3g2ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 10:45 AM   #3
hushanddie8
AF Newbie

you would have to get a manifold custom made
Old 07-06-2004, 04:22 PM   #4
hushanddie8
AF Newbie

taking offers for everything

if you need pics e-mail me
Old 07-14-2004, 11:29 AM   #5
quiquin
AF Newbie

Re: Turbonetics T3/T4 Hybrid Turbo Kit For Sale

where can i get a turbo kit pulling 12psi or more that can give me 120hp or more for an eclipse 2002
quiquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 11:40 AM   #6
johnnyBgood
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to johnnyBgood

I4 or V6?

The I4 4G64 is an excellent engine for boost. And to be honest, do you want to run 12psi, or do you want 120hp over stock. Let me explain the difference. The 4G64 takes to boost extremely well. If you are to put 12psi of boost on this engine, you will dyno between 300whp and 340whp, which is a gain of 180-220whp.

If all you want is 120hp over stock, I have a turbo kit available right now that does that. It dynos at 210whp for the manual at 6psi and costs $3300.

If you want 12psi, I can offer you a kit that you can push to 12psi. I can leave the tune on the car blank, so you can take it to a dyno and tune it to your 12psi. That kit is also availble now and costs $4680.
johnnyBgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 11:42 AM   #7
quiquin
AF Newbie

a V6
Old 07-14-2004, 11:45 AM   #8
johnnyBgood
AF Enthusiast

No kit out right now for the V6. Wait a few months, then there will be one.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:53 AM   #9
quiquin
AF Newbie

i am wondering if do put turbo with 12psi around how much will it take off from the 1/4 mile
Old 07-14-2004, 02:45 PM   #10
johnnyBgood
AF Enthusiast

With a proper tune and netting around 340whp, you could get into the 12 second 1/4 mi time, which is a drop of 2-3 seconds.
Old 07-16-2004, 07:14 AM   #11
EclipseRST
Banned

Send a message via AIM to EclipseRST Send a message via MSN to EclipseRST Send a message via Yahoo to EclipseRST

something seems kinda fishy about those numbers... 340whp on a stock motor i call BS! i know a turbo motor can handle well over that stock but a n/a motor its not gunna happen! i know i have a 2nd gen but its still a n/a I4 which has a little higher compression than a turbo motor. now when i put my turbo on it when the motor was completely stock i boosted 10psi on pump gas to give me 227whp and 209ft lbs of tq... then when i got all the parts to build the motor i cranked up the boost so see what it could hold at and i blew the motor on 15psi... not a pretty sight but it was what i was looking for! since then i have build the motor up, new pistons, rods, valves and springs, and cams, and i am now running 21psi daily and the occasional 23-24psi at the track! i recently dynoed it at 21psi on pump to achieve 353whp... i run a TD06H 20g turbo with 660cc injectors, spearco FMIC, tial external wg, with the stock intake manifold and TB... i can run a consistant high 12... my best is 12.73 with no traction in first gear seeing i dont have slicks yet! now you're telling me that you can get 340whp on a stock n/a I4 by adding a turbo at 12psi! you seem to know your stuff from reading some of your other posts although sorry to say bud but i think your full of shit on this... do you have any proof? yes i know its the 4g64, same motor in the 2g non-turbo spyder although i think your models have the DOHC (sorry not a big 3g guy) but that will not make up for the extra power you get! exspecially from a stock n/a motor.. your not goin to get 200hp from 12psi! how much air does that turbo kit flow as in lbs/min? that will tell you relevently how much hp you can expect!
EclipseRST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 11:14 AM   #12
johnnyBgood
AF Enthusiast

8.5psi nets us 264whp. We are going to get solid numbers running 11psi this weekend. The 4G64 in the 3G's is SOHC and has the same connecting rods out of the 4G63T. The 4G64 takes to boost very well. And the turbo I am using is the Garrett T3/T04E rated for 450hp. We considered using the EVO3 16G, but after looking at the compressor maps and doing research, we found the T3/T04E to be the best choice on a budget. The optimum turbo would be the Precision SC61, but we are also trying to keep costs down.

Also, he is talking about the V6 3G. I have sponsored 2 turbo V6 3G's running 13 sec 1/4 mi. and they are only boost 5.8psi. We are going to get them FMIC's (as they are not intercooled yet) and help them turn the boost up to ~9psi, which will get them into the 12's.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:49 PM   #13
Sleepr awd
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Sleepr awd Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepr awd

Did i hear free turbos? i'm broke and i wanna run those 2g's into the ground, i'm sick of being burned
btw how reliable are those two turbo V6's ?? from what i heard nobody has made a reliable turbo kit yet and i dont' want a supercharger for my car

i've got about 5500 miles on it and have the ability to tie it up for a while as i also have a daily 89 ford taurus that is of course the turbo is free and you'll pay if you blow up something...no mods yet so you can start from stock on it too and i don't live far from tracks i could take it out on weekends to try it out if need
Sleepr awd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 10:32 PM   #14
johnnyBgood
AF Enthusiast

Where did you hear free turbo's? I didn't say that. Those two I sponsored know their cars inside and out and take them to shows AND to the racetrack. Plus, they are not getting free anything, except decals. They do pay less for parts, but they do buy them.

think of it from my point of view. WHY would I take your car and turbo it for free? You think that it costs me nothing to turbo a car? Plus, I already have 2 guys who HAVE invested alot of money into their cars to make them something beyond what they bought. And they are not looking for handouts.

It does kinda irritate me that people think sponsorships are given away because you ask. What experience do you have building show cars and race cars? How many have you built in the past? Become a competent tuner, and a repetoie with the local tracks and shops and see if you can get some coverage with your car. Free turbo's do not exist. Other than advice, I have nothing free for anyone.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:11 AM   #15
Sleepr awd
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Sleepr awd Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepr awd

I'm not fully aware of everything it takes to be sponsored or anything, i tried doing some research and a lot of places really don't have the answers and i'm sorry if i offended you, from what i heard about sponsored cars from other people is that companies will provide them w/ parts and discounts and special parts that no one else can get and stuff for advertising their company
of course i'm willing to learn i have been to car shows but i haven't been to the track

i was just jokin' around and being wishful,i didn't think it would hurt to ask

But if you do get that turbo kit system reliable i'll definitely be your customer, i like your site and will definitely check on it often
I am however very serious about making my car look better, drive faster, and make it something porsche owners will look at and envy
again sorry
Sleepr awd is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+