Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
View Poll Results: What increase did you see?
0-5% 9 28.13%
6-10% 3 9.38%
11-15% 2 6.25%
16-20% 1 3.13%
21-25% 2 6.25%
26-30% 1 3.13%
31-35% 6 18.75%
36-40% 1 3.13%
41-45% 1 3.13%
46-50% 0 0%
51-55% 1 3.13%
56-60% 0 0%
61-65% 1 3.13%
66% or higher 4 12.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 08:47 AM   #136
silverado122775
AF Enthusiast

Re: Boost gas mileage 15-35%

yes.. please let us know. BTW, how much did you purchase the pill for and how many do you get?

2000 Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N GenII Air Intake, Y-pipe Exhaust (no muffler), Bosch Platnium +4 plugs, 242k miles and still running.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:11 AM   #137
Minnesota1
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Boost gas mileage 15-35%

I've purchased and use Bio-Performance pills. I chose to receive the powder because it disolves in about 20 minutes as opposed to 8 hours with the pills. I've received some pretty good results with it. My power went up some in my Nissan Altima and so did my mileage. I went from 22 mpg to 28 mpg and in my 99 F-150 I recieved an increase from 11.5 mpg to 15 mpg! I drive about 45,000 miles a year for my job so I keep a pretty good eye on my gas mileage and this has really done good things in my vehicles.

The great thing about this company is that the product has actual testing that proves it works. 2 international labs(ISO labs) have had 2 independent tests and have stated that it works. One test showed an increase of a little over 22% and one was a little over 25%. I personally know many people that have received gains of 30%-40% and one guy even more on his diesel RV. They say average savings are 18-22%. As you all know if someone doesn't take care of their vehicle nothing in the world would help them.

If you join you can get 2 bottles for about $60. Each bottle will fill about 20 tanks on a 15-16 gallon tank and about 10 on one the size of an F-150, 25-30 gallons. Each teaspoon of product treats 15 gal. of gas and each tablet treats 8 gallons. Your first 2 tankfulls you double up your doseage.

If you want some more info you can ask it on this forum or give me a call. If you want to try some out I'm sure I could get you a sample of it to try out.

You can take a look here and read up on the product tab and look at the testimonials(all of which are notorized and are sworn affidaviats).

www.bobn.mybpbiz.com

I hope this helps and thanks for the great forums.

Bob-Minnesota1
407-256-1532
Old 05-09-2006, 02:17 PM   #138
534BC
AF Enthusiast

How much power increase did you experience in the Altima? thanks and welcome to the forum.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:32 PM   #139
Minnesota1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 534BC
How much power increase did you experience in the Altima? thanks and welcome to the forum.
I'm not sure exactly how much but I do know on cold start ups and responsiveness there was a felt difference. It's only a 4 banger so I can't expect too much but I did receive a noticeable little lift. Where I used to have that give or sponge at the beginning of excelleration that is now gone. I guess the product helps with the vapors.

On my truck I noticed it as well. Especially when I'm driving and I'm going up hills that my truck used to downshift on, when on cruise control, and now it does not shift down. Just about everyone I know that has tried the product out has noticed the same powering up. My father-n-law tried some on his Toyota small pick up and that was the first thing he noticed. He said his truck just didn't have that sponge feel anymore when he hit the gas pedal. His gas mileage went from 14 mpg to 20-21mpg! My brother-n-law on his dodge neon went from 30 mpg to 38 mpg.

The product contains some cleaners and lubricants as well so it will give your gas tank and lines a good cleaning. That's just an added benefit of the product. If you go to my web site it will explain a little better how it lowers the flash point of the gas and thus it burns more efficiently/completely.

Bob
www.bobn.mybpbiz.com
407-256-1532
Old 05-09-2006, 03:26 PM   #140
BNaylor
AF Moderator

I realize we are all looking for ways to improve fuel economy. But these Bio Performance pills are a farce and nothing but part of a MLM scam....so please beware. Further, any post(s) of this nature with a web site link to the person's business is classified as spam on AF and violates our community guidelines and advertising rules. Please report posts of this nature. Thank you for your cooperation.

'08 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP (Dark Slate Metallic) - LS4 5.3L V8
'02 Oldsmobile Alero GL2 - LA1 3400 V6
'99 Buick Regal LS - L36 Series II 3800 V6
'03 Honda CR250R MX - 2 Stroke 250cc
'97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - L67 Series II 3800 V6 Supercharged (Sold)
Timeslip 08/12/06

AF Community Guidelines
Old 05-09-2006, 09:29 PM   #141
Minnesota1
Banned

[quote=bnaylor]I realize we are all looking for ways to improve fuel economy. But these Bio Performance pills are a farce and nothing but part of a MLM scam....so please beware.

I'd like to make a point. It's O.K. for you not to allow my e-mail address-I'm fine with that. But for you to call it a farce is ridiculous and frankly a little ignorant. These pills/powder have 2 seperate International Standards Organization (ISO) tests, the largest standardized testing labs in the world, that say yes indeed they do work and work up to 25% in their tests. So before you go and give the standard "It's nothing more than a scam" line maybe you should look at their web page, look at their testing-which I would like to see real lab tests from all these other products-at least this one backs up their claims with real tests. In the next few weeks they will release some more testing done in independent labs here in the United States as well.

Also, all testimonials are sworn affidaviats that have been notorized. I guess you'd like to call all 50,000 + people now involved in it liars and scam artists because we've seen actual results with this product.

So please before you make derrogatory remarks about this company please check your facts-not what you assume they probably are. Bio Performance does say do not expect any results for 4 tank fulls of gas and some only try one and see no result and then call it a scam. Shame on them for not following through before they make their claims.

In the future I will refrain from posting my web page. Thank you for the correction.

Thanks,

Minnesota1
Old 05-10-2006, 12:29 AM   #142
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino

Sir you are in violation of this site's EULA, unathorised advertising is not allowed. Therefore your account is now banned and your IP information has been logged.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Old 05-10-2006, 10:25 AM   #143
DwightA
Banned

I've been reading your posts for a while now. I'd have to say it's been interesting. To be fair to Minnesota1 I do not think his last post was advertising, it looks to me like he was responding to the moderator's accusations and to a couple of questions posed by other members. I've been using Bio Performance powder for about a month and have had great results in my little truck. I guess I feel like I'm walking on needles here because I want to express my opinion on this product but am afraid to because you might view it as advertising.

I hope you can be fair to those of us who have found something that has worked for us and love reading about other products and technologies as well.

Sincerely,

Dwight
Old 05-10-2006, 11:14 AM   #144
BNaylor
AF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwightA
I've been reading your posts for a while now. I'd have to say it's been interesting. To be fair to Minnesota1 I do not think his last post was advertising, it looks to me like he was responding to the moderator's accusations and to a couple of questions posed by other members. I've been using Bio Performance powder for about a month and have had great results in my little truck. I guess I feel like I'm walking on needles here because I want to express my opinion on this product but am afraid to because you might view it as advertising.

I hope you can be fair to those of us who have found something that has worked for us and love reading about other products and technologies as well.

Sincerely,

Dwight
You need to get your facts straight. It was not the last post Minnesota1 made but his prior post which you cannot see at this time. And clearly that violated AF advertising rules.

You may be having good results with the product but others are not. Why is this product marketed under a MLM scheme? If you review the so called ISO tests no lab or address is included in the results. Anyone can doctor up data. The Bio Performance pills have become a controversial subject. Most of the people claiming mileage improvement are also selling the product. So go figure.

The Better Business Bureau of Dallas ranks this company as UNSATISFACTORY and warns consumers the product is marketed under a MLM scheme.

I stand by my statements 100%.

Timeslip 08/12/06

AF Community Guidelines
Old 05-10-2006, 11:55 AM   #145
DwightA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnaylor
You may be having good results with the product but others are not. Why is this product marketed under a MLM scheme? If you review the so called ISO tests no lab or address is included in the results. Anyone can doctor up data. The Bio Performance pills have become a controversial subject. Most of the people claiming mileage improvement are also selling the product. So go figure.
Just to address some of these: There is not any product ever invented that works for all people. Secondly, If you have some evidence that these tests have been doctored up I would love to see it. Thirdly, If you tried a product and received great results wouldn't you want to get in and sell it as well??

As per Minnesota1 I don't recall his first post that well so I'm sure you did what you thought was right but a one time offender I'm sure usually only gets a warning not banned. But I'm here to learn and not to bicker.

I enjoy your forum.

Dwight
Old 05-10-2006, 01:16 PM   #146
BNaylor
AF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwightA
Just to address some of these: There is not any product ever invented that works for all people. Secondly, If you have some evidence that these tests have been doctored up I would love to see it. Thirdly, If you tried a product and received great results wouldn't you want to get in and sell it as well??

Dwight
The adverse facts and negative publicity on this product speaks for itself. And the answer to your question is a resounding NO!!! I have a conscience. I would never engage in a business that amounts to nothing but deceptive trade practices and selling what is mothballs repackaged. And if this product was so good you would offer a money back guarantee.

BTW - The burden of proof is on you to convince me that the product works but at this point in time that would be an exercise in futility.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff179058.htm

More importantly, they said they believe the product can make them millionaires. In fact, Mims' goal is to help 1,000 people become millionaires this year.
BioPerformance said the company is completely legit and talk openly about it in a presentation they call the "American Dream or Pyramid Scheme?"
But when Meredith approached Mims for an interview, he wasn't so open.
"Can I ask you some questions?" Meredith asked.
"You have to get a disclosure form, a disclosure form you have to fill out with Doc Fog, but thank you," he said.
In fact, Mims couldn't get away from her fast enough.
"For hours, we've been hearing you have nothing to hide. So, why can't you talk to me right now?" she said.
"We have to legally make sure everything is covered so you all won't hurt our company," Mims said.
One of his followers even acted as his bodyguard and stopped Meredith from getting on the escalator.
"You're going to block me?" she said.
Meredith tried talking to other BioPerformance heavyweights.
"This is an interview?" one person asked.
"Yes," Meredith said.
"No thanks. I got to go. I got a dinner thing going on right now," he said.
She felt as about welcome as a wet dog at a wedding.
"I have to say, for a company that says they have nothing to hide, everyone walks away from us," Meredith said.
Why are they running? Maybe the answer is printed on the bottle. In tiny print is a bizarre disclaimer. "BioPerformance, Inc., doesn't guarantee anyone any results," it says.

Little Green Pill Put To Test
So to get to the bottom of the little green pill, we enlisted the help of two experts at the University of Central Florida. Dr. Kevin Belfield, the head of chemistry department, was brought on board to find out what's in the pill.
And to find out if the little green pill works, we recruited Dr. Bob Hoekstra. His lab at UCF tests race car engines.
Hoekstra's plan was very straightforward. We took our car to a shop called KDK Performance and strapped our minivan to what's essentially a treadmill for cars.
Hoekstra put in a very measured amount of plain old regular unleaded gas, and then ran the engine at approximately 70 mph. We did this over and over again until we got a baseline. The minivan runs out of gas after about 10 minutes.
To prove BioPerformance's claim, the little green pill needs to run that motor 25 percent longer.
"We should go about 12 ˝ minutes," Hoekstra said.
But there's a catch. Before we can test the little green pill, first, we have to feed our minivan a bunch of pills, according to the directions you get online. You are supposed to give your car a "boostershot" -- feed your gas tank double the number of pills normally needed.
So before we see any results, we need to burn four tanks of gas.
While we're burning those miles, Dr. Belfield and his UCF students made an interesting discovery.
''It smells like mothballs," Meredith said.
Decades ago, mothballs were made of a chemical called naphthalene. So they tested the pill, and bingo.
''Naphthalene?" Meredith asked.
"Naphthalene. That's right," Belfield said.
It's almost 100 percent; the rest is coloring.
"You have a little graph and everything?" Meredith asked Belfield.
On his graph, a red line represented the chemical naphthalene, and a black line represented the little green pill. They matched.

"The two spectra are identical," Belfield said.
What's more, on the bottle, BioPerformance claims the little green pill is "non toxic" but naphthalene is toxic. In fact, decades ago, children died after eating mothballs made of naphthalene. It even has links to cancer.
"One can inhale it, one can ingest it and one can have it absorbed through the skin, and those all very detrimental effects," Belfield said.
One thousand miles later, we were back on the treadmill. Hoekstra crushed a little green pill, dissolved it in the gas and then poured the same measured amount in the minivan time and time again.
We came out with basically the same results as before.
"There is no difference in mileage whatsoever," Hoekstra said.
The little green pill was a bust.
"Bottom line?" Meredith asked Hoekstra.
"You're throwing your money away," he said. "It simply does not work."
Maybe that's why the president of BioPerformance is a man on the run. He's a man who runs from reporters who question the little green pill.
"Is this too good to be true? Are you running interference?" Meredith asked him.
"We have to protect ourselves. Like Barbara Bush says, we have to watch you all like the plague," Mims said.
During the gas crisis of the 1970s, some people put mothballs in their tanks to try and save money, and it did not work then and it does not work now.
Something else that does not work are the phones at BioPerformance. Every number Meredith called was either disconnected or went right to voicemail.

Timeslip 08/12/06

AF Community Guidelines
Old 05-10-2006, 02:48 PM   #147
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino

DwightA you have already been served a cease and dessist notice in my previous post. You are in violation od this site's licence agreement and your infomation has been logged.

It is clear that you are the same person signing over to spam and over which also violates your ISP's policy:

http://www.1scom.com/services/internet/terms.php

Quote:
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
You agree to comply with all Federal and State regulations, the rules, regulations and policies adopted by OneSource, as modified from time to time; and the rules, regulations and policies applicable to any network that you access through the Service. Nothing contained in this Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) may be construed to convey to you any interest, title, or license in the use ID, electronic mail address, Universal Resource locator, IP Address or domain name used by you in connection with the Service.

Note: OneSource Communications reserves the right to immediately terminate the Service, or to suspend or terminate any user ID, electronic mail address, Universal Resource locator or domain name used by you and the Subscriber Agreement if you engage in any of the prohibited activities listed in this AUP or if you use the OneSource Equipment of Service in a way which is contrary to any OneSource policies or any OneSource supplier’s policies. You must strictly adhere to any policy set forth by another service provider accessed through the Service.

PROHIBITED USES AND ACTIVITIES
Prohibited uses include, but are not limited to, using the Service, Customer Equipment, or the OneSource Equipment to:

(i) use the service in a manner that violates any law, regulation, or tariff (including, without limitation, copyright or intellectual property laws);

(ii) use the service in a manner that that is defamatory, fraudulent, obscene or deceptive;

(iii) use the service in a manner that is intended to threaten, harass or intimidate;

(iv) use the service in a manner that tends to damage the name or reputation of OneSource, its parent, affiliates, or subsidiaries;

(v) use the service in a manner that interferes with other customers’ use and enjoyment of the Services provided by OneSource;

(vi) attempt to break security, or to access an account which does not belong to you;

(vii) resell the Service or otherwise make available to anyone outside the Premises the ability to use the Service (i.e. wi-fi, or other methods of networking), in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, or on a bundled or unbundled basis. The service is for personal residential and commercial use only and you agree not to use the Service for operation as an Internet Service provider or for any business enterprise or purpose, or as an end-point on a non-OneSource local area network or wide area network;

(viii) transmit unsolicited bulk or commercial messages or “spam.” This includes, but is not limited to, unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other solicitation material, bulk mailing of commercial advertising, chain mail, informational announcements, charity requests and petitions for signatures;

here is part of the logged information used to track your activities:

OrgName: Millennium Telcom LLC
OrgID: MTL-19
Address: 4700 Keller Hicks Rd.
City: Keller
StateProv: TX
PostalCode: 76248

NetRange: 66.182.192.0 - 66.182.255.255
CIDR: 66.182.192.0/18
NetName: ONESOURCE-COMMUNICATIONS
NetHandle: NET-66-182-192-0-1
Parent: NET-66-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: AUTH1.AMERICA.NET
NameServer: AUTH2.AMERICA.NET
Comment:
RegDate: 2003-09-29
Updated: 2005-01-27

You are clearly under criminal violation of the Federal Can-Spam act and civil violation of Automotive Forums and One Source Comunication end user licences. You are to cease any spamming activity now or risk legal action.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Old 05-10-2006, 03:32 PM   #148
534BC
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
I guess I should not have popped the question (or the welcome)

I was looking forward to the dialog and to debunking the claims. I'm glad you guys are "on it" and familiar with this product (scam)
Old 05-10-2006, 04:12 PM   #149
BNaylor
AF Moderator

Quote:
I guess I should not have popped the question (or the welcome)

I was looking forward to the dialog and to debunking the claims. I'm glad you guys are "on it" and familiar with this product (scam)
No problem 534BC. You're cool.

We have a duty to enforce AF rules and help protect our members. It wasn't the first time we have encountered this type of spam and probably not the last.

Feel free to discuss the pros or cons of this type of product or any similar in nature as long as our community guidelines are followed. The more people know about these dubious products the better. After all the topic of the forum is fuel economy. Dialogue and debate is what its about.

Have a nice day!

Timeslip 08/12/06

AF Community Guidelines
Old 05-19-2006, 08:47 AM   #150
BNaylor
AF Moderator

For anyone interested, the Texas Attorney General has filed suit against BioPerformance for violations of deceptive trade practices and for promoting an illegal pyramid scheme.

Timeslip 08/12/06

AF Community Guidelines

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General