Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Almera | Sunny | Pulsar | Bluebird | Tiida | Versa | NX | Avenir | Tino | Stanza
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 01:37 AM   #1
chamara
AF Newbie

How to program a remote key Fob?

Hi !

I have a Nissan Wingroad 2000 model (WFY11).

I did not get the remote key Fob from the seller (for some reason).
now I need to purchase a remote key Fob and program it to the car's existing central locking system.

1. Can I do this?
2. How to program the Key Fob?

Thanks In Advance !

Chamara
chamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 06:48 PM   #2
Barry#1
AF Newbie

Re: How to program a remote key Fob?

Hi,

I ordered a new ebay key blank for my 02 Maxima. How do I program it?

Thanks
Barry#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 02:15 PM   #3
ebacon
AF Newbie

05 altima

does anyone have the instuctions for programming the remote? I have a 05 altima
ebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 04:32 PM   #4
Steve Thiles
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Thiles

Looking For Info On Programming A Key Fob For A 2003 Chevy 1500 PU. I Have Info On Doing This If The Doors Have Electric Push Buttons But Not For The Slide Type Locks Which I Have???
Steve Thiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 11:58 AM   #5
FixUrNissan
AF Regular

Re: 05 altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon
does anyone have the instuctions for programming the remote? I have a 05 altima

programing a Nissan remote , is hidden secret by Nissan Dealers. As a Nissan Technician i will share it.

Just get in your vech , close all doors. Using your power lock switch , lock all doors. After doors are locked take your Ignition Key and insert it and remove it from ignition switch in a slow fashion , but consitant pace. (97 and earlyer are fast) When you see the hazzard lights flash, put key in ignition switch and turn to the On postion .. Do NOT CRANK or you will have to Start over .. After in the On postion .. Hit the Lock button on remote... Hazzard lights should flash..( note..you have to reprogram all remotes when adding a new one , if you don't your old remotes will not work ) If your doing just the one , turn igntion switch off and unlock door and get out and try it. If you are doing more than one. While still in Vech with Key on . After you hit the Lock button on Remote and hazzard light flashed .. with key still on .. use master lock switch unlock doors and relock and then hit Second Remote, Lights should flash again , repeat if adding a 3rd remote.. after done just turn key off and unlock door and get out and try. Good Luck
FixUrNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 05:27 PM   #6
Steve Thiles
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Thiles
Re: Re: 05 altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixUrNissan
programing a Nissan remote , is hidden secret by Nissan Dealers. As a Nissan Technician i will share it.
Just get in your vech , close all doors. Using your power lock switch , lock all doors. After doors are locked take your Ignition Key and insert it and remove it from ignition switch in a slow fashion , but consitant pace. (97 and earlyer are fast) When you see the hazzard lights flash, put key in ignition switch and turn to the On postion .. Do NOT CRANK or you will have to Start over .. After in the On postion .. Hit the Lock button on remote... Hazzard lights should flash..( note..you have to reprogram all remotes when adding a new one , if you don't your old remotes will not work ) If your doing just the one , turn igntion switch off and unlock door and get out and try it. If you are doing more than one. While still in Vech with Key on . After you hit the Lock button on Remote and hazzard light flashed .. with key still on .. use master lock switch unlock doors and relock and then hit Second Remote, Lights should flash again , repeat if adding a 3rd remote.. after done just turn key off and unlock door and get out and try. Good Luck
Thanks But I Have A Aftermarket Key Fob By Silencer According To The Chevy Dealer. Also Its A 2003 Silverado Not A Nissan.
Steve Thiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 05:54 AM   #7
FixUrNissan
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: 05 altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Thiles
Thanks But I Have A Aftermarket Key Fob By Silencer According To The Chevy Dealer. Also Its A 2003 Silverado Not A Nissan.

Then why are you in the Nissan Forum trying to fix your Chevy?
Old 11-11-2005, 09:29 AM   #8
tg64
AF Newbie

Keyless remote programing 2000 Pathfinder. Help!! My keyless remote stopped working, replaced battery, but it did not help. I tried reprograming for instructions I had gotten off of internet. Strange thing about doing this is as follows: After getting in vehicle, locking doors, inserting key in ignition (6) times, my hazard lights flash without hitting the remote button. I turn key to ACC position and try pushing button on remote. Still not working. Any advice would be great, the frustration is getting to me. I might go ballistic.
tg64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 01:48 AM   #9
jjw
AF Newbie

Can I programing my Infiniti Qx4 remote by the Nissan's instruction.
jjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 09:55 PM   #10
nel5150
AF Newbie

Re: Re: How to program a remote key Fob?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg64
Keyless remote programing 2000 Pathfinder. Help!! My keyless remote stopped working, replaced battery, but it did not help. I tried reprograming for instructions I had gotten off of internet. Strange thing about doing this is as follows: After getting in vehicle, locking doors, inserting key in ignition (6) times, my hazard lights flash without hitting the remote button. I turn key to ACC position and try pushing button on remote. Still not working. Any advice would be great, the frustration is getting to me. I might go ballistic.
Any luck with this problem? I am having the exact same problem with my 2001 Maxima. Everything goes according to directions until I insert the key and turn to ACC and push the lock button on the remote to program it. I get no hazard flash indication for the successful programming of the remote.
nel5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:30 PM   #11
jjw
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: How to program a remote key Fob?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel5150
Any luck with this problem? I am having the exact same problem with my 2001 Maxima. Everything goes according to directions until I insert the key and turn to ACC and push the lock button on the remote to program it. I get no hazard flash indication for the successful programming of the remote.
It's working good in my Infiniti QX4

turn the key to On positon not to ACC, then press remote and the hazard flash will light
jjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 09:50 AM   #12
ittefaq
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 05 altima

Quote:

Is there anyway that I can program an actual key and not the key fob for an '03 Maxima.
ittefaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 09:24 PM   #13
FixUrNissan
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: 05 altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittefaq
Is there anyway that I can program an actual key and not the key fob for an '03 Maxima.
Sorry there is no trick i can share when it comes to keys..If you want to program the Key, your going to have to take it to the dealer, The Scan tool has to be used to program that. Also bring "ALL" your keys , any key you don't bring will no longer work
Old 11-23-2005, 09:27 PM   #14
FixUrNissan
AF Regular

Re: Re: How to program a remote key Fob?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjw
Can I programing my Infiniti Qx4 remote by the Nissan's instruction.

Yes Infiniti works teh same , just getting the right patter in and out of ingition is the tricky part
Old 11-24-2005, 12:06 PM   #15
ittefaq
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: 05 altima

Quote:
Sorry there is no trick i can share when it comes to keys..If you want to program the Key, your going to have to take it to the dealer, The Scan tool has to be used to program that. Also bring "ALL" your keys , any key you don't bring will no longer work

Thanks anyways, I guess I will have to go to the dealer now.
ittefaq is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Almera | Sunny | Pulsar | Bluebird | Tiida | Versa | NX | Avenir | Tino | Stanza