Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
General Discussion All general comments or enquiries go here. Website, club oriented, or general Skyline banter.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 09:17 PM   #1
Razor19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Razor19
Skyline GT350

Are the infiniti G35 and the skyline GT350 the same thing except the Infiniti is the American version? Also what kinda specs does the GT350 have?
Razor19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 09:22 PM   #2
Adqm101
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Adqm101
Re: Skyline GT350

Are you kidding me you think the G35 and skyline are the same thing? talk about 2 total differnt setups. The new skyline is a twin turbocharged VQ engine. The same engine as a 350z.
Adqm101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 09:26 PM   #3
tonster0728
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to tonster0728
OK stupid a** im def. agreeing with adam i mean ur retarded if u think the skyline and then G35 are the same just the us version, ur the stupidest kid prolly that belongs to this site, ur such a newb u shouldnt even talk about cars.....i mean com on they dont even look the same and sometimes thats not the case...but the 350z and the g35 are the same thing except the g35 is the luxury addition to the 350z considering its on the infiniti line.....moron newb should leave....PWNED JA NEWBS
Old 01-05-2004, 09:33 PM   #4
Razor19
AF Enthusiast

Wow, Thank you for the welcoming response sorry for trying to learn more about cars. I'm not an import guy, but all the import people whine at domestic people and say we dont know crap about imports and we never give them a chance, yet here I am trying to learn about imports and what happens? You get laughed at because you dont know as much about them as somebody else. The reason I asked it was because of this

http://cars.ign.com/articles/448/448...html?fromint=1

read that article, all I was simple trying to do was figure out if that article was true. Wow now I see why domestic people hate you import people so much. When somebody is trying to learn you make fun of them instead of helping them out.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:34 PM   #5
Razor19
AF Enthusiast

"Are you kidding me you think the G35 and skyline are the same thing?"

Well seeing as how I stated my thread as a question I'm pretty sure I'm not saying that they are the same thing. I was asking if they were the same thing.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:53 PM   #6
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
Adqm101 and tonster0728, you really shouldn't act like a-holes like that when you have no idea what you're talking about yourselves.

The G35, 350Z, and R35 Skyline are all based off the same chassis. The G35 and R35 Skyline are pretty much the same thing.

Quote:
The new skyline is a twin turbocharged VQ engine. The same engine as a 350z.
1. The new Skyline is NOT turbo or twin turbo
2. The OLD Skyline, which WAS turbo and twin turbo (depending on the model), was NOT a VQ engine
3. The 350z is NOT twin turbo either

G35:

R35 Skyline:

Still think they don't look the same?
LjasonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 01:00 AM   #7
RazorGTR
Skyline Man

Alright boys play nice aye .
Never confuse kindess with weakness.
AF user guidelines, Please remember to abide by them
RazorGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 10:30 AM   #8
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Whew...I had to duck just to avoid the flying factpinions in here. Lets see if we can set some things straight.

In Japan, the V35-chassis Nissan Skyline sedan is available as the GT250 and GT350, powered by the VQ25DE(215hp) and VQ35DE('276hp'), respectively. The turbocharged VQs have not been used in the Skyline family...yet.

In the US, the Infiniti G35 sedan is almost a direct counterpart of the Skyline sedan GT350. There is not a "G25" in the US.

In Japan, there is the CPV35-chassis Nissan Skyline Coupe. As far as I know, it is available in GT350 form only, with the VQ35DE.

In the US, the Infiniti G35 Coupe is pretty much a copy of the Skyline Coupe GT350.

The Z33-chassis Fairlady Z in Japan is pretty much identical to the 350Z in the US. Both are powered by the VQ35DE

Are we straight so far? Okay.

The FM platform is the basis for all of these cars, as well as a couple others that haven't been mentioned(Infiniti FX35/45, upcoming Nissan Fuga).

The V35 Skyline sedan was the originator of the FM platform. The CPV35 Skyline Coupe uses a wide track variant.

The 350Z and Fairlady Z have only two seats, and use a short wheelbase version of the CPV35's wide track chassis.

Currently, there is no "R35." Perhaps we will see this designation again when the GT-R, rumored to be based on the FM platform as well, makes its debut in 2007.

Last edited by VQuick; 01-06-2004 at 05:34 PM.
VQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 04:38 PM   #9
bone25
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor19
Are the infiniti G35 and the skyline GT350 the same thing except the Infiniti is the American version? Also what kinda specs does the GT350 have?
Its not the same.I have a Nissan seR SPEC-V and I beat the G35.MY car is considered the baby skyline.I have no respect for the G35 and its supposed to be the american skyline
bone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 05:31 PM   #10
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Skyline GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by bone25
Its not the same.I have a Nissan seR SPEC-V and I beat the G35.MY car is considered the baby skyline.I have no respect for the G35 and its supposed to be the american skyline
The G35 is the American Skyline, not the American Skyline GT-R. Currently, there is no GT-R.

The B15-chassis Sentra has been referred to as the "Mini Maxima," not a baby Skyline. The SE-R has front seats from the R34 GT25, and the front was intended to ape the GT-R, but it is not a baby Skyline.

Nissan's product planners for the GT-R in Japan actually took offense when the SE-R was supposed to get the V-Spec title. They didn't want to cheapen the image of the GT-R, and forced the American Sentra's planners to change the name to Spec-V.

The American journos haven't driven any pre-V35 Skylines on a regular basis. How would they know what one was like in order to compare the SE-R to it?
VQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 07:50 PM   #11
moondog
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to moondog Send a message via AIM to moondog

Thank you idelaysionl and VQuick for bringing some actual facts to the party. I can't think of anything that's created more misinformation and angst than the V35 Skyline/new GTR business.

1996 R33 series 2 GTS25t coupe 173 rwkw
moondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:20 PM   #12
dadcarguy
AF Newbie

Thumbs down Re: Skyline GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonster0728
OK stupid a** im def. agreeing with adam i mean ur retarded if u think the skyline and then G35 are the same just the us version, ur the stupidest kid prolly that belongs to this site, ur such a newb u shouldnt even talk about cars.....i mean com on they dont even look the same and sometimes thats not the case...but the 350z and the g35 are the same thing except the g35 is the luxury addition to the 350z considering its on the infiniti line.....moron newb should leave....PWNED JA NEWBS
Maybe some spelling lessons are in order. Oh, and your comments are not surprising considering the source. Sorry for breaking any forum rules.....but stupid people irritate me. I guess I'm a retard for posting this (hehe)
dadcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:00 PM   #13
dadcarguy
AF Newbie

Wink Re: Skyline GT350

Now, the reason I searched this forum was to determine the actual differences between the Infiniti G35 and the "Skyline GT350". I have reviewed the posts on this thread and am still unable to determine the actual differences between the two cars besides different badging and a pretty bright metallic blue paint job on the GT350. Maybe I missed the sentence explaining the difference between the two. If so, feel free to point me to the right passage. Anyway, I'm just curious, because I have seen one on the highway a few times in the past year or so. Thanks
dadcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:26 AM   #14
merritr
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to merritr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadcarguy
Now, the reason I searched this forum was to determine the actual differences between the Infiniti G35 and the "Skyline GT350". I have reviewed the posts on this thread and am still unable to determine the actual differences between the two cars besides different badging and a pretty bright metallic blue paint job on the GT350. Maybe I missed the sentence explaining the difference between the two. If so, feel free to point me to the right passage. Anyway, I'm just curious, because I have seen one on the highway a few times in the past year or so. Thanks
The main difference I can think of off hand is that the Skyline GT350 is right hand drive while the G35 is left hand drive. That is pretty obvious though. Also since they are sold in different markets the safety and emissions regulations are not quite the same. That leads to certain little differences. Other than that I have not seen any direct comparisons. I have never seen a Skyline GT350 in person.
merritr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:57 PM   #15
Luckyiam
AF Newbie

Wow, I cannot believe that some of you call yourselves car enthusiasts. And also read what the question posted is, he asked if the G35 and the Skyline GT350 were the same cars, not the R32/33/34 but the GT350 and the answer is yes they are the same thing only branded differently. The GT350, G35, and the 350Z all use the same motor which is the Vq35DE. now the skyline GTR all use either a RB26DET or DETT, some skylines in the past have also used RB20 or RB25 turbo an non turbo variations. The newest skyline does use a VQ38dett. The Skyline the guy was asking about is also refered to as the V35 as it uses a VQ motor as opposes to a RB motor. Hope that this was a little more helpful than some of the other posts that people with little knowledge decided to post.
Luckyiam is offline   Reply With Quote