Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Sentra | 200SX (USDM FWD)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 06:05 PM   #1
54Scorpio
AF Newbie

Hide Start Switch

Hello everyone, I gotta tell you after reading some of these posts and their replies there are some real geniuses on this site!! I have another question that I hope someone can help me with. I have a 1998 SentraXE that was verbally given to me by a family member a few years back. When I say verbally, I mean they told me that I could have the car if I fixed some of the minor problems with it. So I fixed them and have been driving the car for a few years. I realize now that I should have gotten the transfer of ownership done legally back then, but never thinking I would have a problem years later since it was a family member I let it go. The relationship with the family member is finished. Recently I was told in an ignorant way by the family member that he could come get the car anytime he wanted after I have spent a lot of money and spent a lot of hours on the car working on it. He still has a key to the vehicle so what I would like your help with is, is there any way I could hide a switch someplace that I would need to flip on first and then insert the key and start the car? If there is a way could you explain what I would need to do? Thanks!
54Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:51 PM   #2
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: Hide Start Switch

Lesson one you learned already, never do business with family.

Now, while I don't have extensive knowledge of wiring diagrams and relays on a 98 Sentra, I can tell you what I did on my Stealth. I had to run a new wire from my MFI (basically fuel pump relay) to my fuel pump. When I did it I put a switch inline before the pump so if I wanted to disable the pump I could do so.

So basically if I flip the switch someone can put a key in and the car will crank, but it wont run due to no fuel unless they found the switch.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:23 PM   #3
54Scorpio
AF Newbie

Thanks for answering my question!! That's one beautiful car you got there, my favorite color too! I believe the fuel pump is atop my gas tank in the Sentra, but I'm not a hundred percent sure. You had a great idea, but I was hoping for something a little bit easier than that Where is your fuel pump located on your Stealth?
Old 09-03-2016, 08:44 AM   #4
Crvett69
AF Moderator

fuel pump is inside the tank. you can locate the fuel pump relay under the hood and cut one of the wires going to it or the fuse and put a switch on the wire somewhere convenient under the dash or if you don't drive the car very often just pop the relay out.
Crvett69 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Crvett69 For This Useful Post:
54Scorpio (09-03-2016)
Old 09-03-2016, 10:10 AM   #5
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54Scorpio View Post
Thanks for answering my question!! That's one beautiful car you got there, my favorite color too! I believe the fuel pump is atop my gas tank in the Sentra, but I'm not a hundred percent sure. You had a great idea, but I was hoping for something a little bit easier than that Where is your fuel pump located on your Stealth?
Thank you for the compliment. Unfortunately the car is not in that state at this moment, but will hopefully return to its glory soon.

As for the fuel pump it is in top of the tank, but there is an access hole. I only ran a new wire to it because I was forced to. I could have still installed a kill switch by tapping into the factory fuel pump wire at the relay as suggested by Crvett
Old 09-03-2016, 11:48 AM   #6
54Scorpio
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crvett69 View Post
fuel pump is inside the tank. you can locate the fuel pump relay under the hood and cut one of the wires going to it or the fuse and put a switch on the wire somewhere convenient under the dash or if you don't drive the car very often just pop the relay out.
See that's what I'm saying about there being some real geniuses on this site! Great idea, one I think I'll look into. Thank a lot!
Old 09-03-2016, 11:51 AM   #7
54Scorpio
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthee View Post
Thank you for the compliment. Unfortunately the car is not in that state at this moment, but will hopefully return to its glory soon.

As for the fuel pump it is in top of the tank, but there is an access hole. I only ran a new wire to it because I was forced to. I could have still installed a kill switch by tapping into the factory fuel pump wire at the relay as suggested by Crvett
Thank again for you help and good luck getting that car back in shape again!!
Old 04-08-2019, 11:53 AM   #8
la1
AF Regular

Dont know if someone mentioned this or not. Wire a reset table circuit breaker in line with the main feed for the fuel injection for half the amps the main uses. Have a switch to switch the circuit breaker in and out of the circuit. Legally he could come and take the car with a tow truck. I would consult a small claims court , provide them with proof of you having the car for years with ins. Registration docs. Write up a bill for parts and labor and sell it back. Either that or some day he will take it.
la1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Sentra | 200SX (USDM FWD)