Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!
Street/Track Racing Stories! Beat any Mustangs today? Tell everyone about what your Honda can do! (Keep it clean)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 09:46 PM   #1
91HBSi
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to 91HBSi Send a message via AIM to 91HBSi Send a message via Yahoo to 91HBSi
I went to the track a couple of nights ago

Well, I moved to montgomery, al about 3 months ago. I've been bored, and I ran into a guy at Autozone with a nice turbo charged 99 si. He said that was a 1/4mi track about 3 miles away from where I live... so I decided to check it out.
I went on Friday, and when I went to pay the guy asked if I were running. He told me that it was no extra to run, so I was like "what the heck, I'll do it just for kicks." I was there by myself and the guy that I talked to wasnt around, so I watched for a while. There was a little bit of everything running, from 4 wheelers to stock accords. After watching for a while I decided to give it a go.
I pulled up and got a number on my car. I wasn't running against anyone so I was focusing on the track ahead and trying to get lined up. Well, the light went faster than I expected and I hurredly tried to get my revvs up. The light hit green and I bogged off the line. I figured that I blew it, so the pressure was off and I just cruzed down the track and tried to squeeze everything out of my car that it had. I slowly approached the time-slip booth with great anticipation. The guy handed me my slip and I was on my way back to the parking lot. I shut my car off and turned my dome light on. My eyes approached the bottom of my timeslip and I beheld my time... "17.8?!?" What the crap! I almost crapped myself. I thought that I would find something like 16.5, but not 17.8
I knew my car wasn't fast, but crap. It has a mini-me swap, stock crx si rims, a mandrel bent 2.25in exhaust and suspension work, which isn't much, but it should be enough to yeild me a time-slip in the 16s. O'well it wasn't a big deal because at the end of the day my car is still a grocery getter and not a race car and that is the only purpose it serves in my hands.

Former PureHonda.com member since Dec. 00

"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." Pilippians ONe21
91HBSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:57 AM   #2
Gohan Ryu
AF Enthusiast

Re: I went to the track a couple of nights ago

You shouldn't use your first run on a unfamiliar track as your benchmark...you should have taken a few runs. You could probably drop a whole second or so by getting used to the timing of the lights and not bogging the launch. But you're right...they aren't race cars. Unless you go all-motor or turbo Hondas are in the +15 sec catagory.
Gohan Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 03:11 PM   #3
91HBSi
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to 91HBSi Send a message via AIM to 91HBSi Send a message via Yahoo to 91HBSi
Re: I went to the track a couple of nights ago

Yeah, I by no means use that as a benchmark... but I just thought it was ridiculously funny. It was hot and extremely muggy and I had filled up my tank that morning (I had no intention of running that night). I don't expect to race my car, so it's no big disappointment. It still gets 32mpg, so I'm happy

Former PureHonda.com member since Dec. 00

"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." Pilippians ONe21
91HBSi is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!