Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Avalon/Pronard
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
Johnboy555
AF Newbie

2000 Avalon A/C not working

I have a 2000 Avalon that I inherited from my Dad. It's always been garaged, maintained and had only 50,000 miles... It now has about 55K.
Anyway, one day I hit the A/C button and nothing happened... It worked just fine before ( I know..it's not broken until it's broken!) So, I checked the freon...it's fine. Jumped the pressure switch (in front of radiator) no change. Checked fuses and relay..both OK. The switch is just a "touch switch" with a light that comes on when it is pushed (no light), not an "on/off" or dial,

Any ideas where I can look now? With the economy as bad as it is and wife out of work, dropping $300 or so to take to dealer is not really possible. I've been working on my cars since I was 16 (many, many years ago) so working with a wrench is second nature for me, but really never got into A/C too much.

HELP!!
Johnboy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:37 PM   #2
Brian R.
Resident Chemist

Send a message via Yahoo to Brian R.
Re: 2000 Avalon A/C not working

Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will forward a copy of the Toyota FSM which contains a whole section on the A/C system. Check it out and try the troubleshooting procedure. Come back with questions or the fix...

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate"
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote